It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
You can still see Her/His male part bulge in the dress it was wearing....

OMG, not just bulge... pretty sure that trans is going commando. Needs to wear some panties under that skirt. I'm serious. Not trying to be rude or funny. (0:50 - 0:50 in OP news footage video)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
How long have you guys been adults? When I was a kid, the ones that gawked and stared at others were the kids that got made fun of. It was somewhat of a taboo to look at other kids. The kids that did this were made fun of and shamed. This kept the locker room fairly orderly and we all went about our business.

I used to swim on a team and used the locker room 5 days a week for many years. From age 11-18 it was like this with us males. You simply minded your own business or you were labeled a creep.

I think a lot of adults have some bad memories of being in a locker room, and probably had themselves all worked up over nothing in their heads, letting their own insecurities run wild. Just because when you were a kid you were insecure and assumed everyone was staring at you doesn't mean it was real or it happened.

I'm 41. I'm not a prude. I simply do not like being naked in a room full of people I am not 100% comfortable with, who also happen to be naked. I consider my body my private sanctum, and something to be seen naked only by a couple of selected persons. At the age of 13, that list was limited to my mom and grandmother, both of whom had raised me from birth. One of my aunts as well. Not only were they close family members who raised me, all three had nursing experience, and thus, I could always go to them with any embarrassing problem, and they would explain to me what was happening and that it was a normal part of puberty. But beyond them, no. In the locker room, I would change in a bathroom stall, and keep my eyes glued to the floor because I really was not comfortable around all these other naked girls. It wasn't shame. It was a matter of personal space violation. Not only did being naked around a bunch of unfamiliar girls (some of them downright hostile, bitch, and mean) violate my personal space, but having to see them naked violated theirs as well. At the age of 13, I already had two friends who were bi-sexual, so gayness didn't phase me much. But the idea being in the same room as a MALE, even one who was mentally female, would have been an even more difficult thing for me to deal with at the time, and I probably would have ended up skipping gym class all together and taking a fail. At the age of 13, I did not want strangers seeing my naked body, and I sure as hell didn't want to see theirs. I was still trying to deal with all the biological/hormonal changes my own body was going through.

This attitude changed somewhat as I grew up. I joined the army, and in Basic and AIT, had to shower in front of other females, some of whom were lesbian and Bi-Sexual. And in my unit, there were a number of times where circumstances required changing in front of males. But there was a big difference then. I was an 18 year old adult when I went in, surrounded by adults, and our close living conditions required communal bathing at times. I was willing to accept this, and again, I was now a grown woman.

But at 13? No way Jose. That would have just spooked the hell out of me, and every girl I knew.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Reallyfolks

If the girls are uncomfortable with someone having opposite tools in the locker room and it causes them them and tension we can't change that.

Why be uncomfortable with what you can't see?

Plenty of people are uncomfortable with things that they cannot see. Even you. Just because something is not readily apparent does not mean that it isn't there. Most thinking, rational beings know this and it affects how they feel and react, as it should. Otherwise, we would all wander around in willful, blissful ignorance and not respond to many situations appropriately.

Again, there are valid reasons why these girls might be uncomfortable. I think that there is very little chance of any genuine risk for these girls, but I can see why they would be uncomfortable. The social dynamics in this situation are complex, and this transgender girl is requiring that everyone else cater to her exceptional circumstance, which is selfish, and crappy. Majority rules. Get. Over. It.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: new_here

originally posted by: Mugly

originally posted by: phishfriar47
How has everyone in this thread missed the part where the tranny already had a private facility where she could be comfortable, the males could be comfortable, and the females were all comfortable?

Tranny is an insulting slang word.

Lila by law has the right to use the girls locker room.

She can not be forced to use a gender-neutral separate room.

are you trans?
then why be offended

and no, lila does not have the right by any law

you are saying there is a law protecting 1, but not the other 200?
i dont think so

No, I'm not.

Why am I offended? I take treating people equally very, very seriously.

I was 5 when my mom became a polio victim in 1951. The Disability Act was not signed until 1990 . That's 39 years growing up with being treated as a freak. Denied entrance to businesses. Kicked out of restaurants for making other customers uncomfortable. Being denied insurance, credit, etc etc etc.

If you think people are sympathetic to the disabled without being forced - - - think again.

fantastic story.
i take 200 people being made to feel uncomfortable because of 1 person who has other options very serious
my mom does not have polio

none of that really has anything at all to do with kids at that age having to be made to be nude around a person with the opposite sexual organs as them.
not a thing
we are not talking about entrance to a business. we are talking about a school locker room.
very different things

Fantastic story?

So, you're saying I made it up?

Equal treatment is equal treatment.

A transgender male to female - - is a female. Her brain knows she's female.

Except this one thought she was a gay guy until just this year. Maybe this person will decide they are gender-fluid and bisexual. Naked. In a room full of showering girls. This is not someone who has identified as female since age 3.

You don't know that.

When you've never heard of transgender, but you are one - - I imagine it can be quite confusing until you get it figured out.

That's kind of what Chaz Bono says.

What about all the stories of 3 year olds insisting they are the opposite gender. (Like Jade) They KNEW they were not the gender assigned at birth. So which is it? Inherent knowledge or you have to learn about it first?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron

oh i get it.
so as soon as you go through youre change, everyone else must follow?

if you decide at 17 years and a day that the time is right to use the 'other' facility, everyone else just has to automatically be comfortable with it?
i get it.
only your feelings matter

You get absolutely nothing. Quit being a clueless jerk. Senior year in HS, I was an it. I had blonde hair almost to my waist and was affirmed as a girl as or more often than as a boy and I made every effort possible to avoid using the bathroom. Technically and legally I was male and at the time (1971-3) could have be arrested for using the girls room. If you don't think I felt my life was in danger when I did have to pee at school, you're dead wrong. I have scars from some of the beatings I took as a kid. I did use the girls bathroom once and a while but only if a friend dragged me in there because even most of the other girls I knew thought it was dangerous for me to use the boys room. A lot of transkids have bladder or urinary problems from holding it because there are no safe facilities to use.

I'd have killed myself before ever going in either locker room. The boys because I wasn't a boy and the girls because I wasn't female and would have never wanted to make anyone uncomfortable or put my feelings first, ever. So politely, stuff it.

Go back to the OP and read the link where JadeStar had bathroom issues at school. This whole trans thing is over the heads of most of you and why those of that have shared our lives here are hoping to raise the information level about it. Try listening, you might learn something.

so you have made the point that i have also made several times.
kids can be and are cruel.

you would have killed yourself before going into either locker room.
to that i said
maybe all the other girls in this school, with actual parts might feel they would kill themselves if they had to use a locker room and get naked in front of a person with the opposite parts.
why dont you get a clue and understand that

just cause the other girls are not trans does not mean they are having an easy time at that age. does not mean they do not have issues and feeling as well.
why shouls yours or lilas be more valid than theirs.

i am not trying to be cruel. i will not apologize for it because it is not y intent.
lila was offered a different option. lila choose to make a deal out of it.

i do not agree with other girls with girl parts being made to get naked in front of a person with boy parts.
you had a hard time in school. you have scars. you were bullied.

well join the damn club. so are a million other kids every day.
cause they are black
or fat
or acne faced up
or they have braces
or their parents are broke and they wear second hand stained up clothes
or any number of other reasons.

you and lila are not the only students who had it rough.

there were kids in my school in junior high and high school that were tormented by other kids for various reasons.
too bad their parents were all like "just tell the teacher honey baby bear and it will be fine"

if those kids that were being tormented would have turned around and smashed those kids in the face the abuse would have stopped.

my wife was a very big girl in school. fat i mean. she had major issues with it and she tells me stories of how people were cruel to her because of it.
it happens.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Plenty of people are uncomfortable with things that they cannot see. Even you. Just because something is not readily apparent does not mean that it isn't there.

Might be. That is like saying that some people are uncomfortable being near bathrooms of opposite sex or going in bathrooms that are right next to other bathrooms.

Like I said I think my solution is the best. Or they can just create a small locker room right next to the girls locker room.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't see any victims here. I see two competing sides with equally valid claims. Lila doesn't want to feel isolated, and the girls don't want to feel uncomfortable.

In this case, Lila's "rights" end where this girls' "rights" begin and vice versa. There is no way to resolve this that gives either side perfectly what they want. And that is the plain fact.

Ketsuko, you and I don't often see eye to eye but I think you've got it here although I'm probably more on the side of the girls in this case.

First Domo1 and now you? I'd better check out the window for flying pigs.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Or they can just create a small locker room right next to the girls locker room.

or they can offer lila and alternative.
kind of what you are suggesting

oh wait. they did do that.
lila refused

guess it sucks for lila huh

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Or they can just create a small locker room right next to the girls locker room.

HEY I got it!!! Yes create a small locker room and let the girls who are not uncomfortable go in that one!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

oh wait. they did do that. lila refused

That's a facility bathroom. Where is it anyway? Nearby? Or on the other side of the campus?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

"It wasn`t too long ago white people were saying I don`t feel comfortable sharing a bathroom with a black person and history repeats itself." said Lila Perry.

Am I the only person who finds the escalating trend of LGBT people trying to compare their *ahem* "plight" with the African American equal rights movement in this country to be completely lacking in both perspective and common decency? This young man in the story is honestly trying to compare apples to oranges. He possesses a penis and testicles, THUS he has no goddamned business in a female lockerroom with teenage girls. He is NOT a female. I do not care how many feelings get hurt or toes stepped on by this common sense, factual commentary, but seriously people... penis + testicles = MALE. Vagina = FEMALE. Pretty damned easy to understand.

As the parent of a young girl, I can tell you with no hesitation that if this horsecrap occurred in my daughter's school I'd be withdrawing her immediately, before she ever had to make a choice to walk out. God US "culture" is messed up these days.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

HEY I got it!!! Yes create a small locker room and let the girls who are not uncomfortable go in that one!

yeah.
much better than offering an alternative to the 1 boy/girl
lets cater to the 1%
forget the other 99

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Please educate yourself on this subject a bit. Especially calling them "he" or "she" according to their genders.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

yeah. much better than offering an alternative to the 1 boy/girl lets cater to the 1%

Eh? I think you misunderstood what I meant. It is catering to EVERYONE.

Have three locker rooms with one of them for BOTH transgirls and regular girls who are not uncomfortable.

link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

"It wasn`t too long ago white people were saying I don`t feel comfortable sharing a bathroom with a black person and history repeats itself." said Lila Perry.
a reply to: JadeStar

(Catlin Jenner still likes women, so I can completely understand how women would fill uncomfortable sharing a locker room or bathroom with him/her).

Caitlyn Jenner is trashy, a horrible human being (who got away with vehicular manslaughter) and a poor representative to our community. So please PLEASE refrain from using her has an example in these matters for christ's sake. In one episode of whatever she flashed her own sons saying "look I have boobs" now tell does that seem like something a sane, rational mother with class and grace would do?

Furthermore do not try to play off my words by comparing all of us to her in regards to our metal sanity. Most of us are well adjusted productive members of society and sure we have some nutjobs in our midst but then so does any demographic and in fact I would say military aged Caucasian males have the lead in that domain. Well at least according to the media anyway.

#BoredwithhatersSTFU!!!

link   

Please educate yourself on this subject a bit. Especially calling them "he" or "she" according to their genders.

yeah
these days we have to call 'them' xe or ze or some #
gawd burdman

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
i just activated the plugin and watched the vid

jesus christ
this lila kid
big ass burly voice, man features, and giant dong in the skirt
cant imagine why any teen girl with actual parts would be uncomfortable changing in front of her/him
unreal
lila does not even resemble a female.

looks like a boy dressing like a girl sounding like a boy acting like a girl to me

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

yeah.
much better than offering an alternative to the 1 boy/girl
lets cater to the 1%
forget the other 99

As I said above, US "culture" is messed up enough to do exactly that. Hell, co-ed high school lockers are probably next up on the sick, perverse agenda of degrading everything wholesome and replacing it with some manner of oddity, shock, or bastardization of the traditional. At what point is the majority, slim though it is, of traditional values and common sense left in America going to unite and stand up saying "No more?" No more pissing all over the will and interests of the People in favor of pandering to the various special interest groups out there.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

NO

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's a mentally ill boy dressing as a girl. No way in hell that should be in close quarters to other children of either sex.
a reply to: THEatsking

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join