It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

LOL.

But yeah the human body isn't about just sex and I think it is healthy for kids to feel normal around any human naked body.

Yeah I agree.

link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I grew up with nudists in my family and quite like to let it all hang out myself.
Normally though I just wear these in the back yard.

Pics or it didn't happen!

link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Mugly

originally posted by: phishfriar47
How has everyone in this thread missed the part where the tranny already had a private facility where she could be comfortable, the males could be comfortable, and the females were all comfortable?

Tranny is an insulting slang word.

Lila by law has the right to use the girls locker room.

She can not be forced to use a gender-neutral separate room.

are you trans?
then why be offended

and no, lila does not have the right by any law

you are saying there is a law protecting 1, but not the other 200?
i dont think so

No, I'm not.

Why am I offended? I take treating people equally very, very seriously.

I was 5 when my mom became a polio victim in 1951. The Disability Act was not signed until 1990 . That's 39 years growing up with being treated as a freak. Denied entrance to businesses. Kicked out of restaurants for making other customers uncomfortable. Being denied insurance, credit, etc etc etc.

If you think people are sympathetic to the disabled without being forced - - - think again.

fantastic story.
i take 200 people being made to feel uncomfortable because of 1 person who has other options very serious
my mom does not have polio

none of that really has anything at all to do with kids at that age having to be made to be nude around a person with the opposite sexual organs as them.
not a thing
we are not talking about entrance to a business. we are talking about a school locker room.
very different things

Fantastic story?

So, you're saying I made it up?

Equal treatment is equal treatment.

A transgender male to female - - is a female. Her brain knows she's female. This countries already done "Separate but Equal".

Are you raising a teen?

i am not saying you made it up.
you told a story. there are true stories. non fiction right?
i called it fantastic
the other 200 students apparently feel like her body is a male though and that makes them uncomfortable.
my daughter is 3

I grew up in a disabled club. All kinds of disabilities and deformities.

I learned early "People are their Heart". You see the person. You do not see their physical differences.

Its what I taught my kids. Its what I teach my grandkids.

Would my 15 year old granddaughter go: "Ewww" at first? Probably. But, then she would make the effort to accept that person.

She would be one of the kids walking out in support.

come on anne.
we are not talking about a disabled person.
we are talking about private/sexual parts/organs and minors.
major difference.
i would be one of the parents livid that my daughter was made to feel uncomfortable around a boy.
bottom line

i dont get these arguments.
you just said people are their hearts. a couple pages back it was all about the brain.

really folks has it right.
if we were talking about public restrooms and/or adults, things would be different.
we are talking about a school locker room and minors.

i will never agree with you on this

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

It's a good job it's 00:45 here

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

The only people holding these high school kids hostage to past ideas is their parents.

thats the only thing huh?
i dont agree as usual

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: new_here

How has everyone in this thread missed the part where the tranny already had a private facility where she could be comfortable, the males could be comfortable, and the females were all comfortable?

are you trans?
then why be offended

i dont think so

No, I'm not.

I was 5 when my mom became a polio victim in 1951. The Disability Act was not signed until 1990 . That's 39 years growing up with being treated as a freak. Denied entrance to businesses. Kicked out of restaurants for making other customers uncomfortable. Being denied insurance, credit, etc etc etc.

If you think people are sympathetic to the disabled without being forced - - - think again.

fantastic story.
i take 200 people being made to feel uncomfortable because of 1 person who has other options very serious

none of that really has anything at all to do with kids at that age having to be made to be nude around a person with the opposite sexual organs as them.
not a thing
we are not talking about entrance to a business. we are talking about a school locker room.
very different things

Fantastic story?

A transgender male to female - - is a female. Her brain knows she's female.

Except this one thought she was a gay guy until just this year. Maybe this person will decide they are gender-fluid and bisexual. Naked. In a room full of showering girls. This is not someone who has identified as female since age 3.

You don't know that.

When you've never heard of transgender, but you are one - - I imagine it can be quite confusing until you get it figured out.

That's kind of what Chaz Bono says.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I did think it was BS, until I began to get to know her. I actually developed a friendship and now I don't mind it.

That's the thing people, perhaps if those that are uncomfortable got to know the transgendered person, they might find that they were making a big deal about it in their mind. Maybe they'd come to discover that this person really is, for all intents and purposes, a "woman".

There are people that think gay men want to hit on them, even though their straight. Then, once they meet a gay man they realize there's no way that is going to happen.

Ignorance and lack of information breeds fear and uncertainty.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: EKron
Feminine and very girlish boy until about 16/17. .

oh i get it.
so as soon as you go through youre change, everyone else must follow?

if you decide at 17 years and a day that the time is right to use the 'other' facility, everyone else just has to automatically be comfortable with it?
i get it.
only your feelings matter
edit on 1-9-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: THEatsking

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: JadeStar

She had a separate facility for her use. She chose not to use it.

I can understand why the rest of the girls would not want to use the locker room with an anatomical male.

Wow.

Wow, what?

If it's wrong to force the transgender to use the male facility because she feels uncomfortable being in with anatomical males who identify as males despite being an anatomical male herself, then isn't it equally wrong to force the anatomical females who identify as female to share their space with an anatomical male, too?

The best the school could come up with here on all sides was to offer the transgender a space for herself.

Maybe it would be different if we were talking about someone who was fully transitioned.

No. If those girls feel uncomfortable they can go change somewhere else. No one is restricted them to change in a girls locker room. The trans girl wants to change in a girls locker room. It's simple. She is the one being restricted, not the others. The solution isn't to make transgender people their own 'black water fountain' . That's insane.

The solution is to teach that she is a female, period. That's the way it is and those who are annoyed/uncomfortable to need get over themselves and stop being selfish. It's so exclusive. Disgusting.

What? He still had a penis ( yes I'm gonna to say that -omg!). They shouldn't have to go change somewhere else since its the girls locker room. That's the whole point! That's the way it is and those who are annoyed/uncomfortable to need get over themselves and stop being selfish.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

are you trans?
then why be offended

i dont think so

No, I'm not.

fantastic story.

not a thing
very different things

Fantastic story?

A transgender male to female - - is a female. Her brain knows she's female. This countries already done "Separate but Equal".

Are you raising a teen?

That great, it is equal treatment. Everyone with a penis goes to the boys locker room. Everyone without a penis goes to the girls locker room. You can't get much more fair

Everyone black go to your school.

Everyone white go to your school.

This is not your generation. Gender fluidity is what this generation is growing up with. It should be natural to them.

The only people holding these high school kids hostage to past ideas is their parents.

You can attempt all the straw man arguments you want. You can attempt to link this to race all you want. You can attempt to change the subject to school instead of showering/dressing room. All fails
This is about sexual anatomy and some people simply not comfortable is that area being with those that have opposite tools. The fair way to deal with that is penis owners here, vagina holders here. It's fair and about the fairest you can get. Race isn't an issue here and quite a flawed argument but I expected it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

but wardaddy.
he is a girl cause he feels like it
he has decided so everyone else must get on board for not to hurt his feelings

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

This is not your generation. Gender fluidity is what this generation is growing up with. It should be natural to them.

It's less than 1% of the population. It's not not normal (which is fine), and if it makes people uncomfortable why make them into bad people? There's no test for legitimacy that I've heard of. I have known quite a few guys that would think this is hysterical and wear a wig to scope out some boobs. The transgender folks should feel safe and not be bullied, but they are NOT the same. Especially if they still have the opposite genitalia. Normal people shouldn't be made to feel unsafe and bullied by transgender people just because they're a vocal minority.

You really think that all the people that have a problem with this are just taking umbrage at the behest of their parents? The transgender OP said they would be uncomfortable changing in a locker room with a transgender person that hasn't had surgery... She's pretty freaking young too...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

are you trans?
then why be offended

i dont think so

No, I'm not.

fantastic story.

not a thing
very different things

Fantastic story?

Are you raising a teen?

i am not saying you made it up.
you told a story. there are true stories. non fiction right?
i called it fantastic
the other 200 students apparently feel like her body is a male though and that makes them uncomfortable.
my daughter is 3

I grew up in a disabled club. All kinds of disabilities and deformities.

I learned early "People are their Heart". You see the person. You do not see their physical differences.

Its what I taught my kids. Its what I teach my grandkids.

Would my 15 year old granddaughter go: "Ewww" at first? Probably. But, then she would make the effort to accept that person.

She would be one of the kids walking out in support.

come on anne.
we are not talking about a disabled person.
we are talking about private/sexual parts/organs and minors.
major difference.
i would be one of the parents livid that my daughter was made to feel uncomfortable around a boy.
bottom line

i dont get these arguments.
you just said people are their hearts. a couple pages back it was all about the brain.

really folks has it right.
if we were talking about public restrooms and/or adults, things would be different.
we are talking about a school locker room and minors.

i will never agree with you on this

I am talking about "seeing" the person.

YOU are talking about physical genitalia.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

and if this situation did not deal with naked people then i would be more apt to 'see' the person..
the situation changes when the clothes come off whether you think so or not. whether you like it or not.

there are more issues here than just the trans feelings.
a whole host of issues actually. most have been mentioned.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I'm seeing a transgender girl.

YOU are seeing genitalia.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

It should be just humans why split us all up? I just don't get the prudishness in folk I really don't.
A willy shouldn't be a shocking thing to look at If you get my drift and neither should boobs or vaginas.
Why is the USA so prudish about the human body?.
But what do I know I'm hopped up on pain meds now and must try and sleep night..

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

and if this situation did not deal with naked people then i would be more apt to 'see' the person..
the situation changes when the clothes come off whether you think so or not. whether you like it or not.

I see the person.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
According to media reports, the school went above and beyond to accommodate her, with separate facilities that she chose not to use.

She may have not chosen the lifestyle (something still VERY much debatable), but she most certainly made the decision not to use facilities that had been setup especially for her, at significant expense to the school.

Sorry, but I don't have a lot of sympathy for this case. The only reason she dropped out was within her control to change.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'm seeing a transgender girl.

YOU are seeing genitalia.

A locker room when showering the genitalia is showing. So nice sound byte but again fails to account for reality
edit on 1-9-2015 by Reallyfolks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I see the person.

i see their private area

since apparently peoples parts dont matter, then why should we wear clothes at all?
people should just be naked all the time.
after all, their parts dont matter

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join