It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News: Transgender girl drops class after 200 protest for and against her.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Until then there are very real reasons people feel uncomfortable being nude around people with opposite physical tools from their own. That's really what this is about.

I understand that. I've offered a solution that I thought was the best solution. Make a private stall or room IN girls locker room so that way she will feel part of it and nobody can see each other.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Mugly

teens see each others private areas all the time in a school locker room and they have a problem with it

Yep because of society. I am merely pointing out the difference.

Americans are such prudes. We even censor boobs on T.V.

Actually the benefit of not seeing teenagers with their pants sagging down their butts might be worth it. Until then there are very real reasons people feel uncomfortable being nude around people with opposite physical tools from their own. That's really what this is about.

I agree with you on the baggy pants. It just looks so stupid. We are a look oriented society and are judged almost instantly on how we present ourselves.

But, what is the reason to feel uncomfortable being nude - - - other then society conditioning?

Around the opposite gender, wevpointed out rape victims, those suffering sexual abuse at home, girls with body image issues, guys not as endowed as other guys and so on. Also these are by definition still children. Some regardless of anything else maybe late bloomers and until that point very uncomfortable in general.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Until then there are very real reasons people feel uncomfortable being nude around people with opposite physical tools from their own. That's really what this is about.

I understand that. I've offered a solution that I thought was the best solution. Make a private stall or room IN girls locker room so that way she will feel part of it and nobody can see each other.

Do we know they don't have private stalls?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Don't know the logistics of getting that done, but Lila was given access to a private facility with equal services and it wasn't good enough for her. So isolation in the locker room instead of out is the solution even though isolation still exists?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Now that's a good question. Hmm.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

So isolation in the locker room instead of out is the solution even though isolation still exists?

Not so much of an isolation. Maybe not a room just stall and she can still talk to them.

Like I said, to me it seems the best solution to satisfy both sides.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly
oh i get it.
so as soon as you go through youre change, everyone else must follow?

if you decide at 17 years and a day that the time is right to use the 'other' facility, everyone else just has to automatically be comfortable with it?
i get it.
only your feelings matter

You get absolutely nothing. Quit being a clueless jerk. Senior year in HS, I was an it. I had blonde hair almost to my waist and was affirmed as a girl as or more often than as a boy and I made every effort possible to avoid using the bathroom. Technically and legally I was male and at the time (1971-3) could have be arrested for using the girls room. If you don't think I felt my life was in danger when I did have to pee at school, you're dead wrong. I have scars from some of the beatings I took as a kid. I did use the girls bathroom once and a while but only if a friend dragged me in there because even most of the other girls I knew thought it was dangerous for me to use the boys room. A lot of transkids have bladder or urinary problems from holding it because there are no safe facilities to use.

I'd have killed myself before ever going in either locker room. The boys because I wasn't a boy and the girls because I wasn't female and would have never wanted to make anyone uncomfortable or put my feelings first, ever. So politely, stuff it.

Go back to the OP and read the link where JadeStar had bathroom issues at school. This whole trans thing is over the heads of most of you and why those of that have shared our lives here are hoping to raise the information level about it. Try listening, you might learn something.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Don't know the logistics of getting that done, but Lila was given access to a private facility with equal services and it wasn't good enough for her. So isolation in the locker room instead of out is the solution even though isolation still exists?

NO. She was allowed to use a Neutral Gender bathroom - - not in the girls locker room.

Where was it? The other side of the campus?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You can still see Her/His male part bulge in the dress it was wearing....

People if it is still biologically a Male then it cant be changing with women!!

As of now consider it a cross-dresser.

I use "it" in a non-derogatory manner.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Now that's a good question. Hmm.

Yes. Like I said, my high school had a couple private individual showers.

And that was way back in 1964.

I bet this locker room has them.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: frostie
You can still see Her/His male part bulge in the dress it was wearing....

People if it is still biologically a Male then it cant be changing with women!!

As of now consider it a cross-dresser.

I use "it" in a non-derogatory manner.

Maybe you should educate yourself on what transgender is.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

So isolation in the locker room instead of out is the solution even though isolation still exists?

Not so much of an isolation. Maybe not a room just stall and she can still talk to them.

Like I said, to me it seems the best solution to satisfy both sides.

But it really doesn't matter what we think. If the girls are uncomfortable with someone having opposite tools in the locker room and it causes them them and tension we can't change that. As I have said a few times at the root it now becomes an issue of competing feels. The comfort of the girls or the comfort of Lila.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

I have scars from some of the beatings I took as a kid.

I am sorry to hear about your experiences. People here need to understand what trankids go through in school. It can be anywhere in school not just the lockers rooms and bathrooms.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: frostie

Please research a little more before spouting that nonsense. There are several threads on transgenderism explaining all about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

If the girls are uncomfortable with someone having opposite tools in the locker room and it causes them them and tension we can't change that.

Why be uncomfortable with what you can't see?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

NO. She was allowed to use a Neutral Gender bathroom - - not in the girls locker room.

Where was it? The other side of the campus?

Tell me where was it? Does it matter where it was? No because this is about competing feelings. The girls comfort or lilas. You obviously think lilas takes priority your choice. Others say the girls do, their choice.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I can't help but notice, as I read through this thread so many posts by people who seem to somehow think they're threatened by this young lady. Yes, I'm calling her a young lady, because that's how she views herself. Calling her anything else is deliberately intending to hurt.

Don't like it? I really don't care. That kid has done nothing to deserve some of the vitriolic hate, yes hate, aimed at her. For no other reason than you don't like some of the choices she's making.

The issues of the lockerroom call for a compromise, obviously. Seems the school has done everything in their power to deal with it in an equitable fashion. Up to us to butt out and mind our own damned business.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If the girls are uncomfortable with someone having opposite tools in the locker room and it causes them them and tension we can't change that.

Why be uncomfortable with what you can't see?

Human nature, it just is for some people. Not you great. And again these are children not adults. It is what it is, if girls feel uncomfortable with opposite physical parts in the same locker room for whatever reason nothing we can say will change it. Whose feelings take priority, Lila or the girls

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
So many people are so fond of saying, "Your rights end where mine begin!"

Well, leaving aside completely that there are no rights to not be made to feel uncomfortable or isolated, the girls in this case have just as much right to not be made uncomfortable as Lila does. Anyone who does not see that has automatically taken the side of Lila because they assume Lila is the "victim" and thus cannot be the one in the wrong.

I don't see any victims here. I see two competing sides with equally valid claims. Lila doesn't want to feel isolated, and the girls don't want to feel uncomfortable.

In this case, Lila's "rights" end where this girls' "rights" begin and vice versa. There is no way to resolve this that gives either side perfectly what they want. And that is the plain fact.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Someone made the op and wanted to talk about it. Kind of throws the butt out concept out the window. As does you posting to the topic....just saying

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join