It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: 150 more Clinton Emails Have Classified Info.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Just in from Ed Henry @ FOX on Twitter:
This report is only 10 minutes old, so I'm sure I'll have much more to add on this story very shortly.

Ed Henry ‏@edhenry 13m13 minutes ago
State Dept confirms @FoxNews report -- about 150 more Clinton emails have classified info. Toner says classified after the fact

twitter.com...

Latest Clinton Email Server Dump Reveals 150 More Documents Flagged For Classified Information

Things are rapidly getting worse in the legal department for former Secretary of State and democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

The State Department is set to release a batch of 6,000 personal emails belonging to Clinton tonight, but we're already getting a sneak peak of what they contain.

That's right, 150 more documents flagged for classified information. This news comes on top of revelations earlier this month Clinton had at least 300 classified documents passing through her private email server, which intelligence officials are almost certain was hacked by foreign governments.

Also keep in mind that out of hundreds of classified documents, at least two found in Clinton's system were deemed top secret (the highest level of classification).

As Guy wrote about last week, the FBI is reportedly using it's "A-Team" to investigate the legal aspects of Clinton's inappropriate handling of classified information with the prosecutor who took down General David Petraeus leading the way.

Felonies for Clinton could be on the table if she is in fact indicted.

An FBI "A-team" is leading the "extremely serious" investigation into Hillary Clinton's server and the focus includes a provision of the law pertaining to "gathering, transmitting or losing defense information," an intelligence source told Fox News.

The section of the Espionage Act is known as 18 US Code 793. A separate source, who also was not authorized to speak on the record, said the FBI will further determine whether Clinton should have known, based on the quality and detail of the material, that emails passing through her server contained classified information regardless of the markings.

The campaign's standard defense and that of Clinton is that she "never sent nor received any email that was marked classified" at the time. It is not clear how the FBI team's findings will impact the probe itself. But the details offer a window into what investigators are looking for -- as the Clinton campaign itself downplays the controversy...A leading national security attorney, who recently defended former CIA officer Jeffrey Sterling in a leak investigation, told Fox News that violating the Espionage Act provision in question is a felony and pointed to a particular sub-section...The Clinton campaign did not provide an on-the-record comment on the matter when given questions by Fox News.

Meanwhile, the Clinton campaign's response to increasing pressure surrounding classified information has gone from the former Secretary "never sending or receiving any classified information" to "she never knowingly sent or received classified information."

townhall.com...

NOT going well for Hillary so far this week.
I think that insiders in the Obama administration, the DNC and the media already KNOW Hillary's candidacy is doomed.
edit on 31-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: link added

edit on 31-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: spacing

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

'What difference...at this point---does it make?'

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

it's not gonna hurt her campaign, for the same reason trump is accepted when he says Crazyness, in the same way no one cared about Obama's birth (not saying it was relevant or a real issue) but dick said it best, all this does is speak to her professionalism, in all honesty this won't effect her, everyone uses devices she probably didn't even know what server it was going across she was being lazy and careless. This news just gives her more face time and more bickering amongst partisan lines. Now if it was proven she was commiting treason or selling secrets to say, Russia. Well that would be a different story.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Exactly!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
As Joe Biden rubs his hands gleefully.

I know HE can't wait for the ultra-personal emails to be "viewed" !!!

I bet us in the proletariat class will have to file a FOIA request to get at the good ones !!

I hear the toast popping.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Is this the same info that she is being investigated for violating the espionage act?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
As Joe Biden rubs his hands gleefully.

I know HE can't wait for the ultra-personal emails to be "viewed" !!!

I bet us in the proletariat class will have to file a FOIA request to get at the good ones !!

I hear the toast popping.

Biden sources say that Biden will enter the race if Hillary drops below 40%.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
OP - I feel like this is only the tip of the iceberg here. The sound of Clinton's sinking ship is giving Sanders (and possibly Biden) hope.

It's giving me hope as well because the thought of another Clinton in office makes me as sick as the thought of another Bush in there.
edit on 9/1/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Just wait until details come out of her system being hacked and easily done by their own doing. That will be the final, indefensible straw for any argument about why she had such an account.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In all honesty ... I don't know many registered Democrats that really like Hillary. The only response I get from them is that they'd vote for her just to keep Jeb or one of the other GOP guys OUT of the White House. Pretty sad.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

State Dept confirms @FoxNews report -- about 150 more Clinton emails have classified info. Toner says classified after the fact.

Probably half of them are her asking is Qaddafii dead yet?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If anyone in the military was careless enough to transmit classified information across an unclassified channel of communication, there would be hell to pay. First you would probably find yourself in the Brig (Military Jail). Then some heavy fines and reduction in rank if not kicked out of the military. I feel she needs the same treatment at a minimum.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
They did promise to be the most transparent administration. I guess Billary is doing her part being transparent to our enemies.

What is sad is nothing will come of this. She needs to be jailed but I'm just wasting my time typing it.
edit on 31-8-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The woman should be in a Federal Prison.

Who the hell does she think she is. She put all of us at risk.

Is "Justice" blind ?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
If anyone in the military was careless enough to transmit classified information across an unclassified channel of communication, there would be hell to pay. First you would probably find yourself in the Brig (Military Jail). Then some heavy fines and reduction in rank if not kicked out of the military. I feel she needs the same treatment at a minimum.

Never gonna happen. The same rules do not apply to the Clintons. She will skate & throw Huma under the bus if she has to & get another better looking "Body woman" . She WILL BE CROWNED QUEEN OF THE WORLD! You Proles just need to shut up and do HILLARY'S bidding! Bernie? NEVER happen! Biden? Please. Trump or the rest of the gang of republicrats... fahgeddaboudiyt!
edit on 31-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: FAGEDDABOUDIT!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

Other departments might not have known the Hillary servers were "insecure".

The convening of a Federal Grand Jury is imminent.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It's all Huma's fault. She was supposed to check on them documents first! Damn her! Madame Secretary had no idea those papers were classified. What the hell is Carlos Danger doing these days Huma?
edit on 31-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: CARLOS DANGER!!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well here is the problem. The information is classified now but, was not at the time. This is pretty common with low level classified stuff Confidential, Secret and Top Secret. For example in the military a ground unit might submit a report and it would be sent to a lower command and then to a higher command who may then classify the information. Now you do not retroactively go back and charge everybody who handled the info before in a unclassified way because the information had not been marked classified at the time. Or you might have a email discussion with somebody and when your done you send a copy of the convo to others and the security office decides that since a convo on that subject is being held between these people it will be classified now. A great deal of it has do with the bad habit of classifying everything. And so it seem nothing Clinton had, had any classified markings so legally she is in the clear. Election and PR wise who knows. Now what would be troubling is if something code word or special access was found because that by its very nature would never come through an unclassified source and would be classified from the start.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I keep wondering why the investigation is not even looking at the possibility that her husband, Slick Willy, had access to all of this information and used it to his advantage in securing funds from foreign donors to his so called charitable trust. I would bet my last $ he was in the loop and reading every mail on that server.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join