It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: 150 more Clinton Emails Have Classified Info.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is a clear-cut violation of the law...with no 'wiggle-room' for Hillary.
I find it interesting the executive order came from Obama in 2009. It's almost as if he had SOS Hillary Clinton in mind when it was passed. Maybe he was giving her all the rope she needed to hang herself...as he and Jarrett knew what Hillary was doing with her personal server at the time.
Curious.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Kind of like pretending to be introverted.

When every post is some kind of passive aggressive play for attention.

Now, if you want to defend Hillary Clinton go ahead.

But, do not insult us with 3rd grade "I don't see anything" games.

Pretending to be introverted? What are you even talking about?

Anyway, I was not defending Clinton in any way. I'm asking for proof and substance behind your claims and positions. Yet, you have provided nothing.

Look at the post from burntheships above. It appears they have provided something of substance, rather than wishful thinking and projections. That is the sort of info I want to see to better inform myself on the issues. I do have some questions on classification dating that I will have to research, but their approach is much better than that of others that simply believe her guilt is reality because they hope and wish it to be true for political purposes.

That, my friend, is 3rd grade insulting.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
All this arguing about at what point her emails became classified or if there is proof she was hacked is kinda pointless. She exclusively used a server outside of the .gov firewall while SoS. Odds are the majority of the work emails she sent/received were at a minimum OUO (Official Use Only) with a healthy dose of RS (Restricted Secret) and possibly some UCNI (Unclassified Controled Nuclear Information) thrown in as well. She knowingly skirted the rules at a minimum or (more likely IMHO) knowingly set this all up to have a nice level of CYA. Just the fact that she delayed turning over the server till she had time to delete everything on it is pretty telling.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Alright. I'd like to slay any more thread drift here...back to substance.

Introvert, you were very complimentary regarding the character of 'burntheships' post from his source:
thefederalist.com...

...but what of it's substance?
After reading it, do you agree that Hillary violated Obama's Executive Order 13526?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Here's one that definitely should have been "classified" ......

Hillary confidant rips ‘alcoholic’ and ‘lazy’ Boehner in email

Hillary Clinton’s close confidant called John Boehner an “alcoholic,” “lazy” and a weak leader in a scathing email sent the night of the 2010 midterm election, when a Tea Party wave swept House Republicans into power.

“He is louche, alcoholic, lazy, and without any commitment to any principle,” Sidney Blumenthal wrote to Clinton, then the secretary of State, in a lengthy “post-midterms” memo.

Blumenthal went on to say that the Boehner, who became Speaker shortly after the election, had tried to “buy” some potential GOP opponents in his conference with campaign contributions and plum committee assignments. Blumenthal also said Boehner had a weak grip on his conference and is “despised” by younger, more conservative members.

I guess those Democrats DO talk like that even in private.

I guess it's no act afterall

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Introvert, you were very complimentary regarding the character of 'burntheships' post from his source:

Yes, because it offered a commentary that deviated from the hyperbolic, partisan nonsense that most right-wing media outlets engage in. They actually offered something to look at and analyze.

...but what of it's substance?
After reading it, do you agree that Hillary violated Obama's Executive Order 13526?

It's hard to say. Their premise is that the date of the emails and the date for declassification being connected is indicative of the emails containing information that was classified at the time of it being sent/received. But from what I have been able to find out, it may be possible that the declassification date was chosen on a procedural basis, a "cover your ass" move to squash certain FOIA requests, not one that indicates the email's content was actually classified at the time of transmission.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder if Blumenthal is now officially vulnerable to the charge of handling 'Classified' information under E.O. 13526?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Complete text of Emails, written exclusively by Hillary and sent to unauthorized third parties, was entirely redacted as 'classified'. This meant Hillary was generating and sending 'born-classified' documents to unauthorized recipients.
That is a clear violation of EO 13526.
edit on 1-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

This meant Hillary was generating and sending 'born-classified' documents to unautorized recipients.

That's only true if the information was classified at the time of transmission. Do we know that was the case? burntheship's source indicated that may be the case, but we have not figured out when it was, indeed, classified.

That's very important.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The point is, that classified and sensitive material was generated and sent to unauthorized recipients over an unsecured server BY Hillary Clinton, herself...at the time of transmission. The newly-redacted examples revealed to the press today prove this was 'classified' material.
edit on 1-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
somebody else's opinion ....

Much of the classified information contained within Hillary's emails was NOT marked with classification markings. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT SAID CONTENTS WERE NOT CLASSIFIED AT THE TIME, HOWEVER. Classified information is classified the minute it is born and rarely, if EVER becomes classified LATER. Taking a top secret page then stamping it 'TOP SECRET' and then saying "Okay, NOW it's classified" is a misnomer! That top secret page was top secret LONG BEFORE IT WAS STAMPED!!! See the BIG DECEPTION Hillary and the administration is pulling here?

The big LIE is that Team Hillary and the complicit corrupt White House WANTS us to believe that because the classified contents of her emails were not marked with classification markings at the time, then they are not considered classified until they get marked with classification markings! Does the enemy care if the classified information they receive is marked or not? HELL NO, ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THAT THEY'VE LEARNED SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR ENEMY (THE U.S.) THAT THEY SHOULD'VE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO FIND OUT!!! After all, this is WHY classified information is classified in the first place, right?

THE BIG DECEPTION: "Unclassified then became classified later" [Hillary emails]

Hmmmm.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

I keep wondering why the investigation is not even looking at the possibility that her husband, Slick Willy, had access to all of this information and used it to his advantage in securing funds from foreign donors to his so called charitable trust. I would bet my last $ he was in the loop and reading every mail on that server.

Just found this report.

townhall.com... s-n2046399

Oh Boy: Clinton Reportedly Used Private Server For Clinton Foundation and State Department Business
Katie Pavlich | Sep 01, 2015
Katie Pavlich

"But the most damning part of last night's document dump comes from Patrick Howley, who has reportedly discovered Clinton not only used a personal server and email address to conduct all of her State Department business, but that she also used and shared the same server with the Clinton Foundation.

Hillary Clinton’s private email server was housed at the same physical location and on the same network as an email server used and operated by the Clinton Foundation, Breitbart News has exclusively learned.

Records reveal that Hillary Clinton’s private clintonemail.com server shared an IP address with her husband Bill Clinton’s email server, presidentclinton.com, and both servers were housed in New York City, not in the basement of the Clintons’ Chappaqua, New York home.

Web archives show that the Presidentclinton.com Web address was being operated by the Clinton Foundation as of 2009, when Hillary Clinton registered her own clintonemail.com server.

Numerous Clinton Foundation employees used the presidentclinton.com server for their own email addresses, which means that they were using email accounts that, if hacked, would have given any hacker complete access to Hillary Clinton’s State Department emails, as well.

"Not only does this new revelation present a conflict of interest, but brings us back to news from earlier this year about Hillary Clinton trading political favors at the State Department for donations to the Clinton Foundation. Further, it reaffirms the belief of many voters than Hillary Clinton is a liar. "

This should be obvious to everyone. Even I suspected this.
edit on 1-9-2015 by CharlesT because: insert link

edit on 1-9-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
All the "it wasn't marked classified" BS is just a deflection (and a poor one at that). Anyone who holds a clearance to view classified material has extensive training on the proper handling of said material. The first thing they hammer into you is to assume it is classified till a derivative classifier has reviewed it. You always assume it is classified till you know it's not. That's USAccess 101.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Regarding Sid Blumenthal:
Hillary has also claimed that the emails sent to her by Sid Blumenthal were "unsolicited"...yet, new emails were revealed that were written by her TO Blumenthal...where she specifically ASKS him for information.

PROOF of yet another Hillary Clinton lie to her supporters.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
more ...

The former decision is original classification. A great majority of classified documents are created by derivative classification. For example, if one piece of information, taken from a secret document, is put into a document along with 100 pages of unclassified information, the document, as a whole, will be secret.

[28]

Classified information in the United States

[28] "U.S. Department of State Foreign Affairs Handbook Volume 5 Handbook 3 - TAGS/Terms Handbook: 5 FAH-3 H-700 E.O. 12958, AS AMENDED, TELEGRAM CLASSIFICATION MARKING" (PDF) U.S. Department of State. 14 July 2009. Retrieved 15 December 2010.

Hmmmm.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

The point is, that classified and sensitive material was generated and sent to unauthorized recipients over an unsecured server BY Hillary Clinton, herself...at the time of transmission. The newly-redacted examples revealed to the press today prove this was 'classified' material.

Where is the proof that it was classified at the time of transmission. I haven't seen anything to corroborate that. That's been the issue from the start.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
There should not be STATE business on a PRIVATE server.

Virtually no accountability with one.

Of course where is Snowden when you need him to release all the 'good' stuff.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Your next assignment is to show some examples of any government material anywhere that was ever placed as "classified" at any later time.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
SMOKING GUN:

Did the latest release of Hillary Clinton server e-mails uncover a “smoking gun” proving a criminal violation of the law? Chuck Todd earlier said no, but The Federalist’s Sean Davis says yes indeedy. The smokiest of these “guns” is this e-mail, written by Hillary to Sidney Blumenthal in November 2009, redacted as classified almost in its entirety:

LINK to Doc:
media.hotair.com...

This e-mail is more notable because of its transmission outside of State’s personnel. Sid Blumenthal did not work in the Obama administration — Rahm Emanuel expressly forbid him to be hired anywhere in the federal government, especially State — and thus was out of the need-to-know loop, especially on top-level diplomatic talks. Where was Blumenthal working when this message (and others) went out? At the Clinton Foundation.

Yet here Hillary is, sending him updates on negotiations with Germany’s Angela Merkel and Tony Blair, which are obviously too sensitive to send out over an unauthorized and unsecure mode of transmission. On top of that, she’s sharing it with someone not cleared for this information even when properly transmitted.

Davis continues:

The bulk of Hillary Clinton’s message to Blumenthal was redacted, under codes 1.4(D) and 1.4(B) because classification authorities determined it contained classified information “which reasonably could be expected to cause damage to the national security[.]” As was the case with other e-mails where Clinton originated classified information, authorities determined that the information was classified at birth and did not allow declassification until November of 2024 — 15 years after the e-mail was written and sent by Hillary, rather than 15 years after the information was marked.

The 2009 executive order signed by Obama states that U.S. officials who negligently disclose classified information to unauthorized individuals are subject to any and all federal sanctions provided for by law.
The two codes mark this as dealing with “foreign government information” and “foreign relations or foreign activities of the United States, including confidential sources.” The declassification date is set for November 2024, fifteen years after Hillary created the document. That clearly shows that the data was classified “at birth,” and as Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton had to know that top-level diplomatic discussions would have been too sensitive to share in this manner and with this particular person.

David Freddoso also reminds us that not only was this an unsecured transmission method, we know it got hacked at least once:

All of this fills in the requisites for 18 USC 793, with or without classification. Hillary appears to have originated obviously sensitive material and transmitted it through an unauthorized system to deliver it to someone who was not authorized to access it. That person eventually had his system hacked, which almost certainly exposed that information.

Update: Mediaite notes this tweet from GOP strategist Rory Cooper, who found this nugget:

On July 25, 2010, Clinton sent an email to Special Envoy for Middle East Peace George Mitchell. The subject line read “Here’s my personal email,” and only had a short message: “[Please] use this for reply– HRC.”

Mitchell emailed her back two hours later. “I talked with [Italian Foreign Minister Franco Frattini] again and went over the point again. He said he understands and agrees,” he began. The rest of the email is blanked out, indicating that the State Department team releasing Clinton’s emails recognized that the information it contained was classified.
She directed George Mitchell to send a report on a diplomatic effort involving the Middle East to her personal e-mail. This is “knowingly,”
as Cooper points out in a following tweet.

hotair.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Where is the proof that it was classified at the time of transmission. I haven't seen anything to corroborate that. That's been the issue from the start.

If it is classified after the fact, pretty much assured it was classified when it was sent.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join