It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Y. Man First Ever to Be Convicted of Trying to Acquire a Radiation Weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

An upstate New York man faces life in prison after he became the first person ever convicted in the U.S. of trying to acquire a radiation weapon for mass destruction, the Justice Department said.

Glendon Scott Crawford, 51, a professed member of the Ku Klux Klan, and an accomplice acquired an X-ray device that they planned to modify into a "death X-ray," prosecutors said — and they successfully built and tested a trigger device that could have activated it.

The goal: to kill "enemies of Israel," according to the indictment.

Related: Feds: 2 Plotted to Build 'Hiroshima Light Switch' Weapon

Crawford, of Galway, New York, in Saratoga County, east of Utica, was convicted Friday in U.S. District Court in Albany of attempting to acquire and use a radiological dispersal device, conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction and distributing information relating to weapons of mass destruction. In addition to life in prison, he could face more than $2 million in fines when he's sentenced in December.

Prosecutors said the threat Crawford and his accomplice, Eric J. Feight, 56 — who pleaded guilty last year to lesser charges of providing material support to terrorists — was extremely serious
www.nbcnews.com...

I heard of this plot sometime back but never delved deep into it because it sounded so silly but according to officials this was really serious stuff his or rather their death ray could actually work, but why would couple of KKK guys want to kill Muslims on the behalf of Jews in NYC of all places, kilk the link pl
Ps I checked New and search engine if this story was posted already mgmt and tech guys need to work it out.
edit on 31-8-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, Spider.

It is indeed bizarre that they'd fight the "enemies" of the Jews, I don't know when Muslims became enemies of the Jews but it's a strange notion, and I can't think of a motive for it coming from a KKK perspective.

Glad he was caught though either way.
That could be one hell of a dangerous, unpredictable & indiscriminate weapon to unleash in NY.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

I heard of this plot sometime back but never delved deep into it because it sounded so silly but according to officials this was really serious stuff his or rather their death ray could actually work, but why would couple of KKK guys want to kill Muslims on the behalf of Jews in NYC of all places,

The reason KKK members want to kill Muslims is simple. KKK members are hardcore Christians; like many Christians in America they believe Israel is the chosen land, and that the Jews are Gods chosen people. Combine that belief with the militant attitude of many KKK members who believe that the ends justifies the means leads to people wanting to kill others.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: tebyen

Crazy that any folk still believe such unverifiable things in the 21st century, must be a form of mental illness.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tebyen

originally posted by: Spider879

I heard of this plot sometime back but never delved deep into it because it sounded so silly but according to officials this was really serious stuff his or rather their death ray could actually work, but why would couple of KKK guys want to kill Muslims on the behalf of Jews in NYC of all places,

The reason KKK members want to kill Muslims is simple. KKK members are hardcore Christians; like many Christians in America they believe Israel is the chosen land, and that the Jews are Gods chosen people. Combine that belief with the militant attitude of many KKK members who believe that the ends justifies the means leads to people wanting to kill others.

God's chosen people ??..But they are forever ranting about the Jews and blaming them for everything bad under the sun so what am I missing.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The KKK do not believe the Jews are God's chosenites...
Far from it.

But the end of the article does state he tried to associate with the KKK for money & favours, rather than he was a KKK member...

Seems he tried to ally himself with two antithetical communities for his own specific end game.

So it doesn't rule out your theory completely.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Surely it would take a long time to kill someone with X-rays.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
people who support the KKK's rights as an organization, under the freedom of speech umbrella, what do they think their ultimate goal is.
or any vitriolic organization hiding behind the veil of free speech.
'I know you are racially bias, but I would defend your rights to be that racially bias". because racial bias is where it stops... or not in this case.

I'm glad they caught those terrorists.

its not just the KKK who do this.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

When did they throw out The Torah? It is against The Torah to occupy lands that The Creator took away for 'dis-obedience' Perhaps they think 2 wrongs do make a right? It is ONLY The Creator that can give the Jews the land back, taking land, ANY land that wasn't given by The Creator really isn't kosher..

Just like ANY fearful person/group that 'lives' in fear, they lash out against anybody/group/thing that doesn't jibe w/their religion™ and it doesn't matter who gets stepped on or used, in this case Jews (again)

The Truth doesn't need defense. The Truth doesn't need a 'rulebook' especially one that has 371 different versions (rationalizations) If One is going to prop themself w/a 'rulebook' You can't cherry pick what You like, they've already done that 370x. In for a dime, in for a dollar..

namaste

www.nkusa.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Perhaps the X-ray machines themselves were only the trigger to a nuclear isomer based device, causing a gamma ray flash?

edit on 31/8/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nexttimemaybe
Surely it would take a long time to kill someone with X-rays.

It depends on the amount of exposure. If you were to have a Fukushima event that lasted a day, that would be fatal.

www.theguardian.com...

They could have got hold of all sorts of radiation sources from medical or industrial equipment. These might have been in lead boxes and only opened when in use.

new topics

top topics

join