It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris County Deputy killed while pumping gas

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Live Press conference
Ch2Houston

The police DO NOT have a suspect in custody.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

Finally, somebody clears that up for us.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: unphased

I have been following this story and all I can seem to find is that they have a person of interest but no arrests have been made.

Since you have family on the force - do you have any inside knowledge that the press doesn't have?

This thread seems to have faded off into the distance...

A mans life was taken - his family's lives have been altered in a horrific way

My thoughts and prayers go out to family while they go through these troubling times.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Authorities just announced an arrest has been made.

There's a press conference slated for 5:30 but it doesn't say which time zone that is.

The Houston 100 Club announced they're giving the family of the slain deputy a check for $20,000.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sounds like the man they had in custody, the person of interest.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's wrong no ifs ands or buts about it that's wrong, these days people can just be standing there and gunned down for nothing may that officer rest in peace and my thoughts are with his family.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Only motive know at this time is "he was wearing the uniform of a law enforcement officer."

Shooter is charged with capital murder.

I haven't seen anything specific about whether it was the guy they had in custody but I think it was, as roadgravel said. They obtained a warrant for a residence after speaking with the person of interest, and then arrested him after searching the home.
edit on 29-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That is awesome news Shamrock!

I hope this POS gets life without parole so that his karma can find him every single day for the rest of his life.

This was a senseless act that I am still trying to wrap my head around.

I am bringing a child into the world in September and I shudder at the thought of the shape that humanity is falling into.

RIP Sheriff Goforth and may the family find peace and comfort in their troubling times.

I also pray peace finds the family of the man responsible.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

In Texas?

It's a death penalty state...and murdering a LEO? They won't even think about jail time, other than death row, and not very long there.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I understand the point you're making, but as Seagull said: it's Texas. Don't hold your breath for an LWOP sentence.

You off a cop in cold blood there, they're going to fry you as fast as they possibly can. And smile about it.
edit on 29-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I just found this update. I know some don't like Breitbart but it was the most complete update I have found.

www.breitbart.com...

HOUSTON, Texas – Authorities in Harris County have identified the alleged killer of a Harris County Sheriff’s Deputy as Shannon Juruary Miles, 31. Breitbart Texas has learned that Miles has an extensive history with law enforcement in Harris County.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I saw that but kept having trouble loading the article on my phone (been having that problem a lot lately).

Think I saw resisting arrest, assault on an officer, gun charges?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Khaleesi

I saw that but kept having trouble loading the article on my phone (been having that problem a lot lately).

Think I saw resisting arrest, assault on an officer, gun charges?

Here is another quote from the article with the list of previous charges against him.

Breitbart Texas obtained the following information from public court records:

02/03/2009 – Harris County – Metro – Resist Arrest/Search – Nolo Contender – 6 days jail
05/12/2007 – Harris County – HCSO – Criminal Trespass – property of Debra Dahlman – Guilty – 10 days jail
05/03/2007 – Harris County – Jersey Village PD – Evading Arrest – Guilty – 10 days jail (credit for some time in)
12/31/2006 – Harris County – HPD – Disorderly Conduct (discharging firearm) – Guilty – 15 days jail
10/02/2005 – Harris County – HCSO – Evading Detention (dismissed and refiled as) Resist Arrest/Search – Guilty – 8 days jail
07/04/2005 – Harris County – HCSO – Criminal Mischief destruction of property $50 – $500 (was originally a Felony but was reduced to a Misdemeanor) (the complainant was Peggy O’Neal who is the registered owner of the house where Miles lives. O’Neal is also listed on Miles Facebook page.) – Guilty – 3 days jail
02/15/2005 – Harris County – U of H PD – Fail to Identify giving False Info – Guilty – 4 days

Felony criminal mischief reduced to a misdemeanor and discharging a firearm are among his previous charges.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Seagull and Shamrock I forgot for a second when making my comment that this happened in Texas.

Silly me.

I'm just glad they made an arrest - one less POS on the streets wreaking havoc.

BTW - how was he still able to be on the streets with a sheet like that?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Misdemeanor time is piddly. Especially when it's a huge county and they're processing a lot of people through.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Man Charged in death of HCSO deputy

Shannon J. Miles has been charged with capital murder in the death of Harris County Sheriff's deputy Darren Goforth. Miles, 30, was located after authorities performed routine research in searching for the vehicle spotted at the crime scene, Sheriff Ron Hickman said in a press conference Saturday afternoon.

Is anyone else shocked that they brought him in alive? Didn't see that coming.
edit on 8/29/2015 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

An intense manhunt covered Harris County for hours late last night into this morning. At about 2:30am, authorities converged on a home on Crystal Lake in Copperfield, led there by a tip. The focus of the investigation was on the red pickup truck in the home's driveway. That's where the Miles was found, and the truck towed.

So this IS the guy they were questioning earlier.

ABC13

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
Man Charged in death of HCSO deputy

Shannon J. Miles has been charged with capital murder in the death of Harris County Sheriff's deputy Darren Goforth. Miles, 30, was located after authorities performed routine research in searching for the vehicle spotted at the crime scene, Sheriff Ron Hickman said in a press conference Saturday afternoon.

Is anyone else shocked that they brought him in alive? Didn't see that coming.

You do have to wonder if he had been white, Asian, or many other reps from various genetic pools if he would still be breathing... I say that because many of the police I have known feel like other people do.. the justice system has very little justice remaining in way to many cases and is so slow that ...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I have no doubt that he will sit on death row for 10 or 15 years.
I am wondering if they will charge his mom with anything. She lied about him being with her when the deputy was executed. She should be charged. Bad enough that she raised a useless POS like that in the first place.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Big vigil underway for the slain deputy.

mobile.twitter.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join