It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris County Deputy killed while pumping gas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
they needed to catch him alive.

they are going to make an example out him, to add to the BLM rhetoric . I find it odd for a police chief to blame a movement for the death of this officer.

shooting a man down from behind like a dog... what a monster.

I wonder if he is on paid leave from his job while they investigate?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I think the chief was blaming the rhetoric that's been cast around lately.

Namely the "off the pigs" and "lynch whitey" chants at a recent protest in Texas. Given that so far the only motive the shooter had was because the deputy had a badge, I would day the sheriff is putting the blame exactly where it belongs.

I'm sure you knew about that protest though.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have a relative and friends that are law enforcement officers in Harris County....good and honest people.

Black Lives Do Not Matter when they are scumbag thugs like the animal that killed this sheriff's deputy. If anybody deserves the death penalty, it is this dog of a human. There are too many of these useless violent dregs of humanity that are a drain on society.

RIP Deputy Goforth.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Not to mention Farrakhans rhetoric to kill white people

And the black panthers advocating the same

And the call to kill police

Is anyone surprised with all the rhetoric this is happening

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Something still stinks.
Execution style, no less than a deputy..
Go figure..
I wonder if deputy was somehow involved in *insert whatever illegal doings here*
Ok..
Flame away

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

Possible but cops have been targeted lately so

Hard to say until we hear more

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

Generally speaking, Texas doesn't mess around with long stays on death row. Add to that it was a LEO? One or two appeals, max., then the needle.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

yea. I was aware of that protest, and even more aware of your crass mentality when a discussion borders on the academic. but I took a chance any way..

I don't condone racism, in any way shape or form. those chanting are a bunch of racist ignorant braindead morons.

the story needs to answer a few more questions before we can say it was racially motivated.
there is more to this story.

I just find it unprofessional for a chief to come to conclusion prior to investigating the case, or even before they made the arrest. don't you ?
when its the other way around, as in when a cop kills a citizen by way shooting in the back and goes on paid vacation, there needs to be proof beyond reasonable doubt of what the motivation or cause to kill a person. usually its not 'proven' to be racially motivated, just becomes a murder case.

I find it irresponsible for the police department to want to create more schism in the area by pointing a finger immediately.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Been here a whole month and already "well aware" of my...anything?

Doubt it. Didn't bother reading anything after that.

Pro-tip: once you start attacking other members' intelligence level it's typically a good time to get offline for a while. You've already lost the debate at that point.

Toodles

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Been here a whole month and already "well aware" of my...anything?
Toodles

point exactly.
with that statement you also just proved my previous point .
joined a month , but been here longer..

you expose yourself with each post.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

This is why cops are on edge, enough is enough.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: staticfl

Can't say I disagree. Something needs to change with LE killing people without cause, excessive force, etc.

Ambushing cops is not going to effect that change.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: staticfl

Can't say I disagree. Something needs to change with LE killing people without cause, excessive force, etc.

Ambushing cops is not going to effect that change.

This type of action is the same as pouring gas on a fire. We really can't expect misfits of society to action in a reasonable way though.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The community has created a memorial at the site where Deputy Goforth was murdered.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

That's amazing man. I saw the gathering when it was in its early stages but that turnout is amazing.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I noticed one member referring to the perp as an animal and a dog.

Why people do that beats the hell out of me?
Animals in no way deserve to be equated with a coward.
This was no anlmal but something much worse.
HUMAN

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Very sad and sending regards.

While the motive isn't clear as of yet on Twitter the PD posted "#BlueLivesMatter. #BlackLivesMatter. All #LivesMatter.". This is the third biggest PD in the US, Tweeting that.

originally posted by: staticfl

This is why cops are on edge, enough is enough.

Seems to be this ill cycle from both sides of citizens and police that needs to be broken. One apparently feeding the other. Revenge killing if that's what is was is not going to fix a thing but bring more of this BS affecting us all.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I just dont get how they think executing cops on the street is going to make the cops treat people any better.

If this happens more the cops are going to be rightfully scared for their lives and are going to basically get carte blanche to do whatever.

A war with cops is something they will lose..

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Until I know something about the cop involved (Did he smoke dope? Was his family on welfare? Did he have a single mom?) I won't be able to finalize a position because all of that stuff is SOOO important to measure the worth of a human.

Without the smartypantness, this cop may have been killed for CAUSE. How about we look into his record to see if he was sorta scummy or was he a paragon of police virtue? You know giving out tickets for O/T paqy, soliciting for the Policemans' Benevolent Association, getting sex from hookers-you know because cops are so virtuous.

All we know is that a dude was killed without apparent inducement.

As to a cop being sliced down from behind, why would you confront him face to face? Because you are significantly stupid? the guy is carrying weapons and is likely trained to use them. You adored American Sniper. Who did he face off with? His shadow?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Until I know something about the cop involved (Did he smoke dope? Was his family on welfare? Did he have a single mom?) I won't be able to finalize a position because all of that stuff is SOOO important to measure the worth of a human.

Without the smartypantness, this cop may have been killed for CAUSE. How about we look into his record to see if he was sorta scummy or was he a paragon of police virtue? You know giving out tickets for O/T paqy, soliciting for the Policemans' Benevolent Association, getting sex from hookers-you know because cops are so virtuous.

All we know is that a dude was killed without apparent inducement.

As to a cop being sliced down from behind, why would you confront him face to face? Because you are significantly stupid? the guy is carrying weapons and is likely trained to use them. You adored American Sniper. Who did he face off with? His shadow?
let me get this straight... you think that it may be the cops fault. And you think that citizens can act as judge jury and executioner for cops.

do you think we can act as judge jury and executioner for other people we don't like? Just who else would you be fine with people killing ad hoc?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join