It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harris County Deputy killed while pumping gas

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The initial shot was reportedly to the back of his head, and he was shot in the back "multiple times" after he'd fallen.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Posting the Scanner Feed: www.broadcastify.com...

Crazy times we're living in, man.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: unphased

Thanks again but I was referring to the other events I listed in the OP. I had no idea where Harris county is so I looked it up and saw all those other events pop up.

Though I'm gathering that the area is big enough that crime runs the gamut there. It just seemed like a lot of big stuff happened in a 3 week span.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

m.click2houston.com...

They're reporting multiple shots while standing followed by multiple after he hit the ground.

Wires getting crossed already.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I wonder if this had anything to do with it?

Family hires George Zimmerman's lawyer after officer shoots patient at St. Joseph Medical Center

"When the officers arrived, he then began struggling with the officers, attempting to injure the officers," HPD Spokesman Keese Smith said. "The officers initially deployed a Taser, and when that taser had no effect, his partner then discharged a duty weapon striking the suspect." Pean's family is outraged he was shot while seeking medical treatment. They have hired high-profile attorney Mark O'Mara of Florida to seek answers. O'Mara defended George Zimmerman, who was acquitted of murdering Trayvon Martin in 2013.

Lots of crazy people in this world.....

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Thanks again but I was referring to the other events I listed in the OP. I had no idea where Harris county is so I looked it up and saw all those other events pop up.

Though I'm gathering that the area is big enough that crime runs the gamut there. It just seemed like a lot of big stuff happened in a 3 week span.

Sorry, had to go look at the OP. Well Harris County is the largest county in southeast Texas, so I didn't even hear that there was a mass murder, however it's likely it was nowhere near me. The driveby shooting was nowhere near the scene of tonights event, and the other two were within 30 minutes driving. Harris County has varying crime rates, due to the size.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

New Mexico, Kentucky and Washington State are just a few suffering shortages in State and local LE. Oak Harbor Police chief describes the problem and the reasons for lack of personnel:

Green believes the lack of candidates is partly related to an aging population, lack of interest in law enforcement and fewer qualified candidates. He said many pass the written and oral tests but fail the background check because of criminal history that often includes drug use or theft

And this from a different source:

Oak Harbor is not alone in this recruit shortage problem. According to Mitch Barker, Executive Director of the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs, some agencies in our state are seeing reductions as high as 50 percent in the number of people showing up for state testing. "The job's not for everybody, for sure. It does take the right people and I think I would rather have the right person in uniform rather than just somebody in uniform," said Ofc. Jed Cates of the Burlington Police Department.

The most telling reasons were listed by Chief Jerry Dodd:

Mt. Vernon Chief of Police Jerry Dodd said his department is also struggling to find the most qualified candidates. He said some of the candidates who test struggle with polygraphs, and psychological and medical suitability. Some believe fewer people are interested in law enforcement because there's more pressure on officers from outside scrutiny, it's become a more dangerous and violent profession, and the shift work is hard on families.

www.komonews.com...
www.king5.com...
krqe.com...

More prospective LE candidates are taking into account violence like the OP, and it seems that people are regularly being targeted because of the uniform they're wearing. It's a vile and cowardice act, and I personally hope they can track down this animal.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: iunlimited491

Some bigwig just got on and told everybody to watch their asses. Still searching the area.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

That's what I finally figured it out. Sorry it took me several comments to put it together.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Listening as well. Just heard a shots fired report go over the radio.

link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Houston has no shortage of law enforcement officers, trust me..

link   

Yep and a suspicious person report matching general description.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Why is this the first time I'm hearing "brown boots" as a part of his description?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Dispatch is supposed to put out whatever the caller says.

Whatever is happening at Green Creek has media on scene. And crap is popping off on this scanner. Good lord.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Dispatch is supposed to put out whatever the caller says.

Whatever is happening at Green Creek has media on scene. And crap is popping off on this scanner. Good lord.

Green Creek is about 8 minutes from me. It doesn't seem to be a related incident though.

ETA: I can hear helicopters over my area now.
edit on 28-8-2015 by unphased because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Yea guys are clearing whatever is at Green Creek. Didn't hear anything else about whoever they got with the red truck that didn't belong to him.

Can I just say y'all sound like a bunch of non-driving yet big on fighting folks down that way? Holy smokes man

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I fully agree on both, it's true. This is all normal. LMAO

If you ever drive in Houston, your chances of getting in an accident double once you turn the key in the ignition.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is an interesting twist:

www.breitbart.com...

Some of the info conflicts with other reports, but breitbart is tying the killing in with comments made by protestors in Texas that called for killing cops.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

omg! so someone is out there thinking they are a hero for killing a cop?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The cold blooded butcher shoots a cop, four times in the back.

Now there's the mark of a genuine coward.

" Texas Deputy Executed Days After Black Radical Group Calls for Killing Cops! "

Don't forget, “black lives matter!”

Or was that, black lies matter?

edit on 29-8-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join