It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't stand these WIC losers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: JimNasium

As a retired LEO, if thats your watch dog, that is comedy GOLD! Big to you. Being in my state and all!

And when I was medically retired in 2004 from a med-lg city in the Republic w/a broken back and neck, 'Health Insurance' was a $20.00 co-pay for the 7 rx meds I was prescribed. Then when I got off 5 of them "They" started deducting $1207/month for "Health Insurance"

"They" are attempting to make "Haves" out of 'Have Nots' and "They" are using our $$$ to do it. With that being typed, if You're going to question the mechanics of a "Free Lunch/cell phone/electricity etc. the 'downtrodden' make an easy target but once punctured You won't see any 'blood' "You can't get blood from a turnip" It is the 1% that's GREED has leaked down to the Serfs, the Waltons, Simplotts et al.
Like the Billary Clinton e-mail debacle. When She was in charge of the State Dep't. $6B went 'missing' and more folks are worried about e-mails??? How many e-mails could You feed to the hungry? How far would $6B go to feed the hungry??

Being in The Republic do You know who is buying up ALL the western farms and ranches for the water rights? Not only that but They are also using Your $$$ and probably a good chunk of the $1207/month THEY $u¢k out of My Ca. check every month....

Maybe You owe YourSelf a trip to either 'Barney's Beanery' on Sunset or 'Blackie's" down at the beach...

namaste

P.S. That is 'MagWai,' the hermaphroditic Affens Pinscher. We took Herm to a pet psychic and the psychic told Us that MagWai has been here before there was an Earth and has been a cat in more than 1 Life. I'll try and get video of when 'He' pins the 90 lb. big brother Weimaraner and then rides it out on Evven's face, way longer than the measly 8 seconds that a bull rider has to face..

And here is some Bob...www.youtube.com...
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: added music.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Couldn't the govt just offer state stores where people could get basic food, as much are they could ever need, for free? How hard would it be to show up and get bags of flour, milk, eggs, govt cheese?

The thing is, the food industry makes a windfall off the food stamps, as shoppers don't compare prices and opt for single serving type products.

Pretty easy thing to fix.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
What an insulting nasty thread. WIC losers?

I was on welfare, food stamps and WIC for about 18 months when my child was a baby. Milk, eggs, certain brands of cereal, cheese, etc. Did I like it? No. Was it embarrassing. A bit, but where I had to live was such a terribly poor neighborhood, everyone in line practically had the same.

I also took 2 buses to get to work for zilch, had to have my mother babysit so I could work - for free, as I didn't earn enough to pay a daycare or sitter to work. Chase one's tail. No win situation. Had no car, no money, no future.

Kept pushing myself at my lousy job as hard as I could to get raises and carefully budget every flippin' penny, just to have bus fare, rent and some food. Went to school on a pell grant to get a better job, with my $600 car that was a danger to myself, my child, and others. Got a job that covered college. Worked and went to school.

I did meet some welfare cheats down in the neighborhood. It ticked me off a bit. But, there were plenty of people that needed help. I was young, had gumption, was smart, and didn't grow up poor, so I had something else to aspire to. Not everybody has that as a foundation.

Today, this WIC loser as you say probably earns four times as much as you do. And is probably 100 times a nicer, kinder person. Think, don't drink before you type my friend.
You do not know the situation or hard times that WIC person is going through or what they or their children will do in their life. Someday, that child of that WIC "loser" may be the doctor that saves your life, or the business owner who hires you.

I'm usually not this ticked off on ATS, but this one struck a nerve. Can't we be a bit kinder? The world sure needs some compassionate souls. Why not start with all of us? Until you walk a mile in someone else's shoes....

But yes, I do think some people are sponging off the system. And that's uncool.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I also wonder why others, in a much better social and financial position, even bother wasting their time, emotion and energy hating on such needy people. I think what a miserable, heartless, life-draining position to be in. I wonder what happened in their life that they would put themselves in such a position?

The amount of money taken from their paycheck every week to fund such programs may very well be what happened. Many people seem to feel entitled to full compensation for their time worked each day and don't appreciate those that did not work or did less work being subsidized off of their own lifeblood.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You know, when I was first in the US Navy, married and with my first child, my wife was on WIC.

Guess we were "loosers" eh?

WIC has stringent rules about what types of food can or can not be purchased by it. Getting through the checkout when you have WIC takes a long time no mater how well you organize it or have everything ready and separated.

In some stores, WIC requires a manager's key turn to check it out.

All this takes time. If your small beer purchase was so important to rush through, go to a different check out line, or another store for that mater.

So sorry that this woman and her child held up your beer drinking.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You know what, I never looked into the stringent rules for aquiring WIC. This is a gripe that I have and this isn't about my drinking. What I work hard for, I feel I am damned allowed to spend how I please. I've been down and out, and may still be depending on how some people look at it. Never once did I go looking to Government for help. Not only that, my wife and I are responsible for holding off on kids until we are able to support them ourselves. Seems like the world's a playground with all of the kids wanting everything.

What pisses me off is that we want children. Her biological clock is ticking. Would it be better if we just get pregnant and you and yours support us?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thank you Burdman for being a grown up. I swear I feel like I'm in a damn insane asylum for wanting to do things the reponsible way and not wanting Uncle Sam to pay my way. To much entitlement for me.

Tomorrows gonna be 103 degrees Farenheit here. Who wants to work in the sun 30 feet off the ground in no shade with me? Yay!! Then when we get off we can give some needy ones our money. Yay!!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel

What an insulting nasty thread.

Yes. I came. I saw. I left.
edit on 8/27/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Never once did I go looking to Government for help.

So since you choose to do that does that make you better then some one who does?

Maybe if your politicians would stop trying so hard to block BC then we wouldn't have to worry about kids that are born into parents that need help.

link   
a reply to: Galadriel

Your story is familiar to mine except me and my wife haven't gotten pregnant and we don't ask for handouts. I am glad government helped you make probably four times as much money as me. And you probably are a kinder, nicer person that me but, c'est la vie. It makes me wonder though, is it healthy for entire neighborhoods to be using this?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I wouldn't say I am better than someone who goes to Government for food. I would say I am more responsible than the ones gaming the system. We have heard some success stories in here about people using it to get on their feet again. I commend them for not abusing it like so many in my town. And if "my politicians" are trying so hard to block BC, why can't women just do the right thing and keep their legs closed?

Listen, that may sound harsh but I was a teenager once. I didn't have much money, no clinics, but I didn't get anyone prego. I bought my condems at the store with my own dinero. Crazy thought I know.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog
How about the ones not gaming the system?

I am not talking about those abusing it, I am talking about those that are down on their luck or not getting the hours they need at their job.
More responsible then them too?

I also think you have zero idea of who really is abusing the program, unless you know the personally, you would have no idea.

why can't women just do the right thing and keep their legs closed?

Takes two to tango, does the woman really get all the blame here?

How is the weather on that horse btw?
edit on thThu, 27 Aug 2015 23:22:31 -0500America/Chicago820153180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

Oh the lulz - I gotta pull that one out someday soon, haha

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well I wouldn't say I have zero idea of who is gaming the system. Discernment is key. If you know what to look for, you will spot it when it comes your way.

I've said repeatedly that I appreciate it being used as a tool to get out of a rut, not a reason to pop out another kid.

No matter how high my horse is the weather is hot and sticky down here.

And to the "it takes two to tango" that is true. Do women get all the blame? Absolutely. I'm not talking about rape. If it's the woman's choice after the deed, it is hers before also.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kissy princess

I like your name. If I was an Ashley Madison cheater I would probably get your digits

On topic, do you have anything? Gripes of your own?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

I can't believe these poor broads keep pumping out babies that taxpayers feed. They get free food too for their fat butts. Just got back from the grocery store and had to wait in line for ten minutes for one loser woman and her ugly kid. I'm guessing each WIC ( Women, Infants, and Children) check buys a different type of food. She used about five or six of them and the poor cashier had to separate her goods for her because she was too fat and lazy and entitled to do it herself. All said and done, she only paid ten dollars for a cart full of food. My toilet paper and 4 tallboys of Budweiser cost more. I guess I should knock up my wife so we can get the bennies too. But we can't afford a baby and are to responsible to look for handouts. Another thing I can't get over is people dumping all the trash from their car onto the parking lot ground. I know it's not really them WIC ladies doing it, but seems to be the same mindset. Finally get home, and my beer ain't cold. Now I've got to wait another ten minutes for my beer to chill in the freezer, and I just want to get my buzz on.

You seem to hate people on welfare, why?

Are you equally opposed to corporate welfare? do you know about corporate welfare? has the man on the TV told you about corporate welfare?

I put it to you that you hate welfarefor individuals simply because you have been trained up by the media to do , that the media has 'influenced' your thinking and made your mind for you.

But, who knows, perhaps you think corproate welfare is great.

edit on 28-8-2015 by Azureblue because: z

edit on 28-8-2015 by Azureblue because: zz

edit on 28-8-2015 by Azureblue because: zzz

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The amount of money taken from their paycheck every week to fund such programs may very well be what happened. Many people seem to feel entitled to full compensation for their time worked each day and don't appreciate those that did not work or did less work being subsidized off of their own lifeblood.

Well, they could always pretend that their money is going to make bombs instead. Or to help subsidize some corporation. I mean it must be awful to think your taxes are going to help someone. Oh wait, I forgot, ALL people that need help are lazy and leeches.

We'll pretend every cent of my taxes are helping fund these programs, I don't mind

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

To your points in reverse order:

3) I don't know defintively if she was a leech. I took at point of view when it took ten minutes because she didn't sperate her goods. She let the cashier reach all over to do it. A sign of entitalism to me.

Entitlement or confusion? Perhaps she was new to the process and didn't know to separate her goods. Some things don't come with instructions.

2) I explained earlier on that my shakes were probably not Alcohol related seeing as the shaking came from energy drinks and no food. Do you think an alcoholic could hold down the same job for nine years walking on roofs and beams without one injury? I should make a thread on how scary it can be to 30 feet off the ground with no safety net!

I have known alcoholics who could hide their addiction quite well: keeping the same jobs (from businessman to steel worker) for years on end. Only their close acquaintances knew their problem.

3) The leeching part was misconstrued. The babies deserve the best care in the world. Those that are in the Church should be providing the helpless children as Christ demanded. I am saying people that leech off of the Governmental System, have the wrong mindset.

We agree that babies deserve the best care in the world. I refuse to bad mouth a mother who is trying to provide for her child(ren). WIC is not Food Stamps (SNAP now) and only provides limited items: milk, juice, eggs, peanut butter, baby formula, baby food etc. A person would be hard put to provide a complete adult meal on what can be obtained.
As far as the Church and Christians are concerned, your plight has to be known before it can be addressed. Clairvoyance isn't a known attribute of Christianity.

Maybe this is pointless, but maybe I was judging her wrong, or maybe not. I am just pissed when people i know are worse off than me, have kids that the responsible missus and me don't have.

Now you're just being arrogant.

Jas

edit on 8/28/2015 by LadyJae because: formatting

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Because there shouldn't be!

If you need help get it.
There should be shame if you abuse it sure, but if you are at a point in your life where you have to wonder how you are going to get food with the money you have then where is the shame to get help?

This is the same thought process from the religious right, not saying that is you, and if freaking flys in the face of what they preach.

No, it should not be an accepted way of life, it should be a shunned way of life. I'm not saying the people in the system should be ostracized from those of us in better situations (financially, at least), but being on the system should not be a way of life for probably 3/4 of the people on the system. Most are able-bodied and able-minded individuals who can do better for themselves--what they generally seem to lack is the self-confidence, and that is a product, IMO, of their upbringing and their parents' expectations of their own abilities and position in society.

It absolutely is a cycle that needs to be broken, and it will not be broken if there is not some shame associated with it. It reminds me Bone Thugs n' Harmony's song, "First of tha Month:"

Getting your government check on the first of the month and running out and wasting it and waiting until the next first of the month to do the same thing--that is the cycle about which one should be ashamed, and the fact that it gets glorified in song and in movies is the antithesis of what should be happening.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Whatever... I just want the middle class taxes to go down and it seems like elimination of subsidies and welfare achieves that goal. I don't have a lot of time to ponder it though... Too busy working to feed the 85 million responsibilities the federal government has forced on me. Brother, can you spare a crowbar?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join