It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I can't stand these WIC losers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:15 PM
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Your man is my kind. My father-in-law raised my wife,her sister and their mom on a daily commute from Wine Country Temecula to L.A. everyday. Me and my Dad always were hardworkers. Even I see it in the trade I'm in. Some people just don't care.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:29 PM
a reply to: [post=19745722]SlapMonkey

Glad to hear you and your family was able to get off it. I truly appreciate your service. My pops retired after 20 years.
I just wanted to gripe about the WIC broads in my town. We have March ARB down the street but I don't think its Military people.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:33 PM

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: ugmold

You are probably right and I am just a little shaky needing my morning beer fix and all

Hey it's got to be 10:30 a.m. somewhere.... hahahaha

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:41 PM
a reply to: JimNasium

As a retired LEO, if thats your watch dog, that is comedy GOLD! Big to you. Being in my state and all!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:52 PM

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: harvestdog

I'm in Indiana and my example is just white trash.
Leaches have no color.

I used to live in Richmond IN, the land of white trash and crack heads... I know what you mean. WIC everywhere at the Marsh store and Dollar General. Of course in that arm pit of a city your job options are VERY limited.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:00 PM
To those of you who were unexpectedly caught in bad financial straights at a difficult time - please ignore the gist of this post...

When my daughter was a baby, I was stocking up on formula one day, and the grocery clerk said (in a surprised, puzzled way), "you don't use WIC??"

I said, "Noooo...see, my husband and I don't believe in having children we can't afford to feed."

It seems to me that the government could save a lot of money on welfare programs if they would hand out free birth control with WIC, food stamps, etc...

...Or even make it mandatory for those relying on such assistance.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:23 PM
a reply to: lostgirl

I wish more people would be as upright as you and your man.

In my endeavors I have learned integrity is everything.

This thread started out as gripe, now it's a fullblown "assault" on my outlook. Thank you everyone.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:45 PM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Or they could be like the OP and just understand that they shouldn't have kids.

The ones that really get under my skin are the ones who are clearly working the system though. They've got the hair, the nails, the name brand labels on their clothing, the smartphone ... They're the ones who get my goat. The ones who are doing their best are just doing their best.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
Continue the divide, big banks got bailed out billions of dollars, auto industry, the rich getting richer, but yea its those poor leches.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:57 PM
a reply to: ketsuko

And I think we use those people as the standard for the rest of the people on welfare.

Just because some abuse the system doesn't mean all of them do.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:04 PM
a reply to: Sremmos80

I see an awful lot of them at certain times of the month.

We have a system that protects and enables them as much as it does any of the others who use it, and it shouldn't be that way.

There is something wrong when we have a system where I sit in an office of professionals who trade tips on the best second hand stores while people who are living on the system beat each other up over $200 brand new sneakers.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:11 PM

And you know the people beating people up for sneakers are on welfare how?
Seems like a stretch to know that they would be.

We seem to assume a lot of things these days.

We assume all people on the system don't work, which is not the case.

We assume they must be able to do with out based on what they are wearing or what they have in their hands, we don't know how they got that.
Maybe they were gifts from family, knockoffs, ect.
ETA: You know they sell brand name clothes at those second hand stores right? So to judge them by the clothes they wear is more assumptions.
You shop there so I know you would have seen the brand stuff. Once it goes out of style/season, off to ross and such it goes.
Or it gets donated to good will by people that don't want it anymore.
So again, more assumptions based on little to no knowledge of people.
We just want to put our hands in their pockets, something I am sure you hate when others try and do to you.
Save the " Well it is MY money!!".
It is tax dollars, once I can say I don't want mine spent on wars or subsidizing oil companies then get to me about complaining about it going to help the needy.

I don't think the system does protect them, I think people lie.

There isn't much we can do about people lying.

edit on thThu, 27 Aug 2015 15:17:27 -0500America/Chicago820152780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:12 PM

originally posted by: harvestdog
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

No abortions. I am pro-life, not pro leech.

Yeah, it is only your concern when the baby is in the womb and there is not one thing you can possibly do for it. But when the baby is born and you can actually do something to preserve is not your effing responsibility.

Pro life? No, you are pro self.

Loser, you say? I up it to pathetic loser.
edit on 27-8-2015 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2015 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:24 PM
a reply to: sublik

I still feel as though I and my family are being attacked each time someone makes a statement of those that leech, as I receive some benefits and feel stigmatized for using this help.

You shouldn't.
I don't. I worked my a$$ off for years to put money in to SS and I damn well deserve every penny I get now. What little that is. I didn't ask for tons of rock to fall on me and I sure as hell didn't volunteer to spend 2 years in the hospital getting put back together. Don't be ashamed. You earned it and went on to get an education when you couldn't go back to what you knew. That's a lot more than many who aren't disabled do.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:28 PM
a reply to: Sremmos80

Because when I taught inner city I had some of them in my classes. They made that stellar decision along with having a mother who would drop them off at the mall with between $200 to $300 on their birthday so they could get whatever they wanted. They also wore name brand labels.

It sort of was a walking advertisement for why they were poor.

edit on 27-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:33 PM
a reply to: DAVID64

When it due to circumstances beyond your control, that's what the system was intended for.

It was not intended for people who decided they did not need an education so they blew the opportunity off. Did not need to use birth control so they got knocked up at 14, 15, or 16 by a random boyfriend who took off at the first opportunity. And various things of that nature.

There are people who fall on hard times and need the assistance for a short time until they get back up again. I'm fine with that.

There are people who are born permanently unable to care for themselves. I'm fine with that.

There are people who wind up unable to do the work. I'm fine with that.

And there are people who do everything wrong and refuse to take steps to correct their mess. I am not fine with that.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:39 PM

Would you count the money when you saw them at the mall or would you just hear about it?

Because kids never lie to other kids right?

Brand name gets sold everywhere, I can go down to good will and walk out with all brand name.

Do you judge all books by thier covers?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:27 PM

I concur. It is a certain mindset that chaps my hide. WIC abusers were what I irked me this morning. In the same vein, there is a girl called my sis-in-law. She called my wife needing several hundos on the right now stat. With promise to pay back in three days. it's been three months and we haven't even got half back. All the time I have to make the effort to collect money because she won't communicate. She lives beyond her means with a loser boyfriend. We offered her a paid off reliable car so she could give her on-payment car back. No reply. Needless to say, we probably have one less family member because I told her to FOAD.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:31 PM
a reply to: DAVID64

True if you get SSDI. I can injure myself at work with the best of them. Cops would probably piss their pants walking on what I do without a safety net. You shouldn't be homeless or starve because you are to disabled to work. People should have good families to help them out though. I hope you find a way to supplement your income.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:01 PM
Yeah, brother, you're spot on. I'm right with you as far as fat people and poor people go. As far as I'm concerned everybody is 100% responsible for every situation they ever find themselves in and should be berated and dehumanized when they don't live up to my standards. In addition to these greedy, moneyless slobs, I could also go on forever about:

- the elderly (if you have to drive 25 in a 55, stay home.)
- amputee war veterans (if you have no legs, you have no business being on a sidewalk.)
- anyone with cancer, especially children (stop racking up bills you'll never be able to pay off. If you can't afford to live, stop.)
- the mentally retarded (do I really need to say anything here?)
- pretty much anyone who isn't me (you're mere existence is just a huge hassle, so do us both a favor.)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>