It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking - After Shooting, Alleged Gunman Details Grievances in ‘Suicide Notes’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

A man claiming to be Bryce Williams called ABC News over the last few weeks, saying he wanted to pitch a story, and wanted to fax information. He never told ABC News what the story was.

This morning, a fax was in the machine (time stamped 8:26 a.m.) almost two hours after the shooting. A little after 10 a.m., he called again, and introduced himself as Bryce, but also said his legal name was Vester Lee Flanagan, and that he shot two people this morning. While on the phone, he said authorities are “after me,” and “all over the place.” He hung up. ABC News contacted the authorities immediately and provided them with the fax.

In the 23-page document faxed to ABC News, the writer says “MY NAME IS BRYCE WILLIAMS” and his legal name is Vester Lee Flanagan II. He writes what triggered today’s carnage was his reaction to the racism of the Charleston church shooting

Breaking - After Shooting, Alleged Gunman Details Grievances in ‘Suicide Notes’

This is definitely pretty interesting. Apparently this guy had been trying to contact ABC News for the past few weeks. Now, two hours after the shooting this morning they receive a 26 page fax from the alleged shooter, admitting his guilt and explaining what lead up to this event.

In a nutshell, he blamed it on racial discrimination and being made fun of because he was a gay black man.

In an often rambling letter to the authorities, and family and friends, he writes of a long list of grievances. In one part of the document, Williams calls it a “Suicide Note for Friends and Family." He says has suffered racial discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying at work He says he has been attacked by black men and white females He talks about how he was attacked for being a gay, black man

He also goes on to say how the Virginia Tech shooter and the Columbine Shooters were his boys.

Later in the manifesto, the writer quotes the Virginia Tech mass killer, Seung Hui Cho, calls him “his boy,” and expresses admiration for the Columbine High School killers. “Also, I was influenced by Seung–Hui Cho. That’s my boy right there. He got NEARLY double the amount that Eric Harris and Dylann Klebold got…just sayin.'"

This sure puts a twist on things. What do you think guys, anything fishy or just a really whacked out guy with emotions that he could not control? Seems a little convenient given the current events lately?
edit on 26-8-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Somebody that was deluded and was in a state of narcissism.

So what he had made all those claims, it doesn't excuse his sickening act.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Somebody that was deluded and was in a state of narcissism.

So what he had made all those claims, it doesn't excuse his sickening act.

I don't think anyone is trying to excuse him of anything... just putting this out there in case anyone missed it.
edit on 26-8-2015 by charolais because: typo

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

He is or was mentally ill. Plain and simple.

There will most undoubtedly be a copy cat, crazy person, who looks up to this shooter.

Some of us are coo coo for cocoa puffs while some of us are able to control the tendency to go off the deep end for one reason or another.

Such a sad story this is.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I really wish people like this would start reversing their days when they decide to do something like this. Start out by killing themselves instead of ending it that way. It would certainly save a lot of heartache.

This guy was a grade a narcissist. He had anger issues obviously. Despite his issues, they were not anyone else's issues yet folks died because of them. That is in no way fair or right regardless of diagnosis.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

No it's not fair.

It's tragic.

The woman being interviewed will live with this for the rest of her life.

It would be nice for people to take their own life instead of forcing another to their demise.

This world needs to unplug and regroup.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Another 'Merican lone gunman, quickly dead. We will see yet more. TPTB have gotten quite good at making sure the LG's don't get a chance to talk. LHO talked a little, and was quickly snuffed. Lesson Learned.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Cut the crap with narcissists remarks.
No narcissists commit suicide.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Look for contact the shooter had with a psychiatrist. That's your clue that we're dealing with another mind-controlled patsy.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: zilebeliveunknown
Cut the crap with narcissists remarks.
No narcissists commit suicide.

Somebody needs to cut the crap. Nobody is more narcissistic than to think perceived wrongs done to them deserve immediate death. His Twitter feed photo extravaganza doesn't scream "I'm really not happy with myself". Writing 20 something page manifestos as if the world thinks your opinions and thoughts are so important they can't live without them....

Waiting to do your crime on live TV, wanting to go out in a blaze of glory for the infamy?? Nope. Not narcissistic at all.
edit on 8/26/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Look, I'm not saying he was mentally stable, but narcisstic disorder is the last thing he would have had.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Look, I'm not saying he was mentally stable, but narcisstic disorder is the last thing he would have had.

It wasn't a suicide. He was martyring himself. And martyrdom is a narcissistic trait ...He wanted to be the shepherd of a race war. He wanted to be the symbol. He wanted to be remembered. He self-professed that in his letter and his 23-page manifesto.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You're right. /s

If anything he was a delusional sociopath, who was frustrated in more ways than one.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: zilebeliveunknown

It doesn't get much more narcissistic than waiting for a live TV broadcast, or doing it live on social media.

What was it, a 20 plus page manifesto? Sounds pretty narcissistic to me.

I'm goin' with evil, and nuts, on this one.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The term narcissism seems to have become a meme, perhaps thanks to the interjection of one person in a thread about this very subject.

So I thought I would link something related to narcissism, just because.

Taken from this : Narcissism

Regarding the third myth (that narcissists are prone to suicide, especially in the wake of a life crisis involving a grave narcissistic injury):

Narcissists very rarely commit suicide. They react with suicidal ideation and reactive psychoses to severe stress – but to commit suicide runs against the grain of narcissism. This is more of a Borderline (BPD) behavior. The differential diagnosis of NPD from BPD rests on the absence of attempted suicide and self-mutilation in NPD.

In response to a life crisis (divorce, public disgrace, imprisonment, accident, bankruptcy, terminal or disfiguring illness) the narcissist is likely to adopt either of two reactions:

1. The narcissist finally refers himself to therapy, realising that something is dangerously wrong with him. Statistics show that talk therapies are rather ineffective with narcissism. Soon enough, the therapist is bored, fed up or actively repelled by the grandiose fantasies and open contempt of the narcissist. The therapeutic alliance crumbles and the narcissist emerges "triumphant" having sucked the therapist's energy dry.

2. The narcissist frantically gropes for alternative Sources of Narcissistic Supply. Narcissists are very creative. If all else fails, they exhibitionistically make use of their own misery. Or they lie, create a fantasy, confabulate, harp on other people's emotions, fake a medical condition, pull a stunt, fall in ideal love, make a provocative move or commit a crime… The narcissist is bound to come up with a surprising angle to extract his narcissistic supply from a begrudging and mean world.

Experience shows that most narcissists go through (1) and then through (2).

There is also this: Narcissism

Narcissists rarely commit suicide. When a Narcissist threatens to do this, it’s generally as a means of manipulation. If your partner keeps bringing it up, you may want to look into whether they have Borderline Personality Disorder, which is very similar to NPD, but with its own specific set of behaviors. The two disorders are often confused with one another because they belong in the same cluster and share certain traits. Additionally, a person can have both disorders simultaneously.

I also found this however:

Narcissism

Prototypical persons with NPD present with many interpersonal problems and comorbid disorders, such as depression and bipolar disorder, with consequent increases in risk of suicide, alcohol and substance abuse, and eating disorders.1,2 Romantic relationships are typically shallow, and narcissistic persons build and maintain them with difficulty. Conflicts at work are the rule rather than the exception, as are problems with commitment when faced with negative feedback. As these persons get older, mood disorders can worsen because of dissatisfaction with their personal and professional lives

So it seems that not even those who know, actually know.
Sad days indeed.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Jonjonj because: reorganising

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
He didnt do it...The shooter was white. Check the hands of the shooter in the video from the shooters POV.

Video can be seen here
edit on 20152015-08-27T08:14:36-05:002015-08-27T08:14:36-05:00Thu, 27 Aug 2015 08:14:36 -0500America/Chicago3631 by occrest because: add link to video

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: charolais

I posted this before but I'll do it again. I think we having a growing problem where people simply do not know how to deal with failure. This seems pretty large scale to me. Be it someone like roof who may have started off by not having life turn out as expected , which of course must be the fault of evil black people, or this guy who seems to have been fired from multiple jobs which of course must be the fault of evil racists and homophobic people. I just think it starts like that and builds. After all if someone else is doing it to you, it's not your fault, at that point it's a slow decent to being backed into a corner.

Now not being taught how to deal with failure has nothing to do with social or economic status growing up, as the popular high school jock or the kid ignored by his parents can both have this problem

While the solution to failure growing up, may be avoidance, hitting the reset button on a game, being told you did your best and that's all that matters, etc. When we get into adulthood, the truth is that's simply not the case. That's where problems start. I would guess that it would go along way for parents to embrace failure and use them as teaching points of how to overcome them. Maybe even go so far as to create a few situations in order to help children learn what to do to overcome it when it happens. It will happen, it cannot be avoided.

I could be completely off, just a personal opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join