It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The False Prophet of Revelation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: ketsuko

My point is that there is no such thing as a "false church" if they teach Jesus' sacrifice being the way to salvation. You're the pot calling the kettle black.

Who said I was referencing any external churches? You seem to have made that assumption.

Although Osteen has some real difficulty with the concept of teaching salvation through Christ, repentance, things of that nature.

He's more up your alley. It's all Love all the time over there for the most part.
edit on 26-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Of course I've made mistakes, that doesn't mean I can't change my ways though. John says that those who are born of God can no longer continue to sin. Key word "continue" to sin. Being made perfect does not happen overnight, it's a process and even I am still on my way to attaining it. That does not mean it is not possible though.

edit on 8/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Ask Osteen if Jesus died for his sins and see what he says. Also ask him if he teaches people to the contrary and see what he says.

Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. We believe that salvation is found by placing our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross. We believe Jesus rose from the dead and is coming again.

Pulled directly from his official website

Now tell me, do you disagree with anything on that list?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

Matthew 28
19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

If the bible cannot be corrupted or added to, then why is Jesus distinguishing himself (the Son) from the Holy Spirit here?

It is for our benefit.

Jesus Christ has 2 names and 2 roles,
1. The Word of God, the scriptures.
2. The Spirit sent from God, the internal voice of Love and Reason.

Most enlightened start the process with the physical scriptures before understanding the enlightenment of the internal divine. The physical scriptures remind us of the Spiritual truth.

This is the point of taking both the bread and wine at the last supper, as they represent the physical Christ whose words guide us, and the Spiritual guide within.

So we need the Father, the Son/Bread/Word/Flesh, and the Spirit/Wine/Internal teacher/Blood.

The father is one, but the Son who had 2 names is 2.

We must have faith in the fathers Love for us through his Grace. But we must immerse ourselves in both the scriptures and the Holy Spirit to find enlightenment.

His two roles represent the path to enlightenment, which is unity with the Fathers Love.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Where is this located in the books that you tout so highly? It seems as though you have come to conclusions that are not supported by scripture. Not saying this is a bad thing, it's not by any means, but I'm curious.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Where is this located in the books that you tout so highly? It seems as though you have come to conclusions that are not supported by scripture. Not saying this is a bad thing, it's not by any means, but I'm curious.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For we were all baptized by One Spirit so as to form one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free, and we were all given the One Spirit to drink.

Jesus is the Word, which is clearly supported. The word is the scriptures about him which I don't think is a stretch.

And he gave us the blood to drink, and there is only One Spirit which we drink, who is also the Spirit who does the baptism according to John the Baptist.

This drink is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. So he must be the One Holy Spirit or the ritual of drinking the blood holds no purpose.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

No just no Bird is the word.

I thought everyone knew?.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I said he has trouble with it, not that he never does it.

Prosperity Gospel in general has problems, real ones.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

That still doesn't say that Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

Jesus' blood is not wine. The wine is of the adulteress in Revelation.

Leviticus 10
9 You and your sons are not to drink wine or other fermented drink whenever you go into the tent of meeting, or you will die. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come

Drinking wine in the tent of meeting (church) is not something God wants us to do. To drink wine is to become intoxicated, Jesus was the living water, not wine.

The Son is not the Holy Spirit, there is nothing in the bible that says such a thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

How does he have trouble with it? He has it right there on his website for anyone to see. Did he struggle to put that on his website?

Again, do you disagree with anything on that list? If not, pot meet kettle.

Also, what do you have against love? Jesus didn't seem to have a problem with it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Thank you for the laugh.

I will give you scripture in return. This is from the Quran.

...(Jesus) I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I created for you out of clay the form of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird....
3:49

Coincidence between the song and Jesus the Word creating a bird from clay?

I think not. Lol

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Then why did he give them wine to represent his blood? What else do you think it means?

He is the living water, the blood, the wine. They are all metaphors for the Holy Spirit.

The wine in Revelation is an intoxication of the Spirit. Meaning you are drinking from the Spirit of the false Christ. But wine is still a metaphor for spirit in Revelation. Wine is not the problem it is the false spirit that is the problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
False prophet = Christians and the rest of that
'Abrahamic' BS.
edit on 26-8-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

So you're good with apocryphal books then, because that was taken from one of the infancy books...

And you don't believe Jesus is the Father...

You are quite the odd duck... ain't ya

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

So you're good with apocryphal books then, because that was taken from one of the infancy books...

And you don't believe Jesus is the Father...

You are quite the odd duck... ain't ya

Yes I am very odd. I don't know anyone who believes what I do. Except a few friends that I have convinced in person.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Fair enough...

Does that also mean you believe Jesus killed a small child when he was a boy as well?

That's in the same book, if you didn't know that

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

How does he have trouble with it? He has it right there on his website for anyone to see. Did he struggle to put that on his website?

Again, do you disagree with anything on that list? If not, pot meet kettle.

Also, what do you have against love? Jesus didn't seem to have a problem with it.

Hmmm, Paul had a lot of things in the Bible too, and you seem to have trouble with them. There are many things that are in the Bible that preachers would prefer not to address. As someone who professes to be Christian, it would be expected of Joel to put that in his mission statement, and as a preacher, you would expect him to endorse that view vigorously.

Notice how he dances all around that statement but won't really come out and say it like the two ladies who ask him on it? It would be too mean for him to say, "I believe Jesus is the way." Or he has trouble saying it outright. For someone who is supposed to be an Evangelical -

e·van·ge·lism

[ih-van-juh-liz-uhm]

NOUN

the preaching or promulgation of the gospel; the work of an evangelist.

evangelicalism

missionary zeal, purpose, or activity.

pastor, his lack of fervor for simply quoting the one central premise of Christianity that gives it its reason for being is troubling. It has nothing to do with telling people they're going to hell and everything to do with simply preaching the simple truth.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

What books that?.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I'm no fan of Joel Osteen, but I see nothing wrong with what he says here with the Christian view in mind. He says that he doesn't judge others and that only God can judge them. He says he believes it's all about a relationship with Jesus. You disagree with that?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

That would be the infancy of Thomas

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join