It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The False Prophet of Revelation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I live it as a gift and enjoy what I can, but to die and return to the father is a much better gift then to live in this world of greed and death.

Well at least we agree on one thing

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

You have to consider the people who forced these books on the people, they were the leaders of a very corrupt empire. Are you saying that the people who murdered others for not accepting these books were filled with the Holy Spirit? If the Holy Spirit is Jesus and Jesus taught love then why did his Holy Spirit of love lead those people to murder others for not accepting his supposed word? Is murder and torture an act of love in your eyes?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So then where is the hope?

If John was, as you claim, a false prophet, why did Jesus talk about his return? How come revelation seems to be playing out, today, as it is written in the Bible? Do you think maybe some powerful influence is causing these events to confirm John's prophecy? Fish are dying, water has turned red, rumours of wars are here and Israel is once again looking to be in conflict. As is the rest of the world, on a whim (remember Russia like.... Last month)..... How was he right?

You have hope that this Jesus character will affect some change on the 2nd try ??

Or is it the 3rd try, 4th ???

Time to bust the schedules of these freaks apart.

Time to EFFECT some change that actually does something.

I especially enjoy those who believe the world is different in makeup than it ever was...

No, the exact percentage of people in all the various levels of turmoil remains the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Just because people hate religion it doesn't mean they hate God. They hate the man made version you follow.

Vice versa with SCIENCE, we do not hate it, but realize that it is purposefully controlled to hide the truth in many fields, and is just as corrupted as the religions before it.

But that does not make any sense to you does it ?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

John is claiming to be the "Alpha and Omega" through his writing.

No, John is quoting or paraphrasing God. Just like Isaiah does or Elijah or whoever wrote Daniel and the Torah. The whole Bible is written like that.

These things lead me to believe that John of Patmos, the author of Revelation, is none other than one of the false prophets Jesus warned us about.

Oh, well... You are aware that Jesus himself says «I am he» and «the time is nigh», right? I guess Jesus is a false prophet?

Those who ignore these signs ignore Jesus' warning and are part of the "strong delusion" the bible speaks of.

Yes, I better be heading my way, who knows it might be contagious.

“The leprous person who has the disease shall wear torn clothes and let the hair of his head hang loose, and he shall cover his upper lip and cry out, ‘Unclean, unclean.’ He shall remain unclean as long as he has the disease. He is unclean. He shall live alone. His dwelling shall be outside the camp. [ESV] Leviticus 13:45f

Try that. It might help unless of course the delusion is so strong it can only be cured with crucifixion and three nights in Hell.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have not seen in this thread the real biblical link or explanation for the False Prophet in Revelation.

"But the Beast is captured, and with him the False Prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image." (Revelation 19:20)

This verse refers back to:

"Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but spoke like a dragon. He exercised all the authority of the first beast on his behalf, and made the earth and it's inhabitants worship the first beast" (Revelation 13:11,12)

All beasts in bible prophecy, are symbolic of world governments. Thus the two horned beast, which is also called the false prophet, is a world government. It has two horns, therefore it is like the the two horned ram of the Media and Persian empire at Daniel 8:20.

It in essence, is the dual power between the US/UK, which is the seventh kingdom represented by bible prophecy.

posted on Mar, 8 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The idea of a Christ or 'Messiah' is a Jewish one, as far as the collected Jewish and Christian scriptures go.
Arguably, so is the False Prophet.
Christians hold to the idea that Jesus/Yeshua is the Son of GOD/Priest of the order of Melchizedek/the Saviour and Anointed One or Messiah that GOD promised and ordained in the Hebrew scriptures, and is ultimately the Redeemer of all Mankind by His substitutionary death on a cross as the ultimate atonement for sin for all mankind. The Christians hold to a crucified Christ, "A stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles.' Because 'GOD so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.' (John 3:16)

If one looks deeper into the Messianic prophecies regarding Messiah, we find in the book of Malachi a description heralding the arrival or return of Elijah before the advent of Messiah. Arguably, the picture people have been ignoring is that of Elijah/the False Prophet, and concentrating on looking for an antichrist figure.
From a Christian perspective, shouldn't people be looking for a character who represents the traits of Elijah before looking for the antichrist? One announces the other as a herald of good tidings.
Elijah represents the Spirit of GOD who ushers in a spirit of repentance amongst the people, and effectively turns the hearts of the people to GOD through signs and wonders. Does not the false prophet create signs and wonders to convince people of his authority, and then point them to the antichrist?
Just a personal thought here, but Elijah brought the people to acceptance of GOD's ways through a challenge at Mount Carmel against the false prophets of Baal. How did he do this? By calling down fire from heaven. GOD answered by fire and accepted the sacrifice Elijah laid out.
Bearing in mind that this 'act' is on Elijah's CV, and anyone who came forth claiming to be him and preparing the hearts of the people to worship a forthcoming false messiah would need to demonstrate his credibility, how could such an act be replicated in a false way?
Has anyone wondered what NASA/space programmes are doing up there in space? We have seen laser guided missiles and drones from high altitude pinpoint and destroy anything from military vehicles to Pakistani wedding parties.
Does anyone honestly not think that the collective powers/forces of strategic intelligence and defence have developed a precision laser that could be fired upon any specific grid location on earth from somewhere in the atmosphere?
Many will observe, cry 'Fire from heaven', and assume an act of GOD.

Just my thought.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

The idea of the False Prophet was John of Patmos 'is. The idea of prophets is a Jewish one however, so you're part right. It was how they took care of their mad. They gave them a library card, taught them to wash their hair and gave them the task of finding the true Name of God that has been lost for as long as its rumours have existed.
edit on 12-3-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Although the prophecy of the false prophet /antichrist and so many other names is found in the OT, Nowhere we can read any determined dating. Thus, in Ezekiel we have first the resurrection of the Jewish nation, then Gog and Magog war, and then the coming of the city of God on the place of today's Israel. If we think of our most recent history, between those events are GENERATIONS if not centuries. To expect Gog tomorrow and New Jerusalem after tomorrow is not realistic.

The timeline of Revelation elaborates the picture many times over. I have long posts about that, and I invite you to review the last series of them in the link in the signature below.

First of all, the early Christians beieved in soon to come God's kingdom on earth. Then Augustine in 5th century took the Millenium after the Second Coming, cut and pasted inside the church history (that is not the example of God-leaded history anyway). In so shortened timeline, all the rest of theologians for 10+ centuries tried to argue how the current age is age of suffering and how God's kingdom may come only afterwards, afterlife or after Second Coming . With the image of the Antichrist standing securely between any attempt of any good monarch to bring social justice, and the door of hell forever. Because he could aid the antichrist who would do exactly that - bring God's kingdom down to the masses!

Instead, the fearful image of rising beast was found in history under different names. One of them being the Caliphate at its time. Another one, the Ottoman empire, and so on. One may include Napoleon, Hitler and Stalin if he wants to. The picture is one and the same. The Church (RCC) needs an external enemy to excuse its own failure to build up the Kingdom of God, for which exact purpose Peter received the keys of Heaven by Jesus! BTW let make a difference between Peter and Apostles on one hand, and later centuries church structures that do not originate in the Gospel or in the time of the apostles.

Why no one talks of the next personages in human history that the Revelation is abound? I mean the 2 witnesses, the 144,000 youths and the manchild (who being born in space outside earth, is taken up to God, and later is not known whether he will physically visit the earth or not). All of these come BEFORE THE ANTICHRIST!!!

We may include Melchizedek according to the 30% release of Dead Sea Scrolls who say unequivocally he will be present on Earth at the end of some 10 cycle jubilee, but before the end of the world or Messiah ben David as the Jews call it.

I invite you to comment those issues, why the Churches are afraid to talk of Kingdom of God visibly on Earth as Jesus preached, and of the possibility SOMEONE to come to CORRECT the fallen away Christianity. Why the Churches do not want to be corrected but instead invent an early to come Antichrist who is to blame for everything. Thus they will call the heavenly sent person to correct them, to be the antichrist!
It seems the Devil already won.

The Revelation says otherwise, not until that time! Petrus Romanus is not the antichrist, there are others to come, and we have the right to know what is to come next. Aliens good or bad, Nibiru, WW3, or Manchild and 144,000 youths, let it be known! There isn't any other pause to e waited for, after 1989, 2000 and 2012. With a pope aged 78 that is said to be the last one in the list...Let think TOGETHER about our common future tomorrow!

I wrote more in the thread below.
edit on 12-3-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Wasn't Simon the Sorcerer the 'False Prophet' prototype....Simon , in that incarnation of a man possessed by Satan directly...it is entirely possible that the 'Church' was deluded by the power behind Simon and has remained deluded until this Age of the End Time beginning of Sorrows
... when a modern version of a resurrected/redux of the long-ago Simon the Sorcerer enters the world stage

?? Francis as FP ??

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

«Gog & Magog» is typically based on a mistranslation if you ask me, and I suspect it happened when the Apocalypse was translated into Greek from its original Hebrew. According to Ezekiel it's supposed to read «Gog OF Magog». Gog is the supposed name of an apocalyptic king of Magog (the nation) who will gather the nations against Jerusalem in the Endtimes. Magog was one of the descendants of Noah in the line of Jafet, and if we are to believe Josephus his kingdom was just west of the Black Sea. In the Caucasus. The term White Caucasian Male comes to mind, an archaic term still used in modern English, at least in US, I don't know if it's common to refer to Westerners as Caucasian in UK. Anyone? In Norwegian «the Gog» or «Goggen» is a common nickname for any person called George. As in st. George the Dragonslayer, patron saint of Georgia and England alike and his white banner divided in four parts by a red cross (four-sided flag like the English, or a triangular standard as is also seen with the Agnus Dei, or the «Lamb of God»).
edit on 12-3-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You have the scripture completely misinterpreted. John did not claim to be the alpha and omega. Firstly, you have to understand what "Alpha and Omega" is. The Alpha and Omega is the beginning and end of all creation, it is where creation sprouts from and where it eventually dissolves into- that is, SPACE. John only revealed the Word of the Alpha and Omega, the Word here should not be interpreted as written Word, the Word is the Cosmic Christ, the Universal Christ (Fire) Principle.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchonDiablo

Take a look at the word Heb. את which is not translated in our bibles, but occurs thousands of times in the Hebrew Bible. א and ת are the first and last letters in the Hebrew Alefbet.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

You wrote QUOTE "Take a look at the word Heb. את which is not translated in our bibles, but occurs thousands of times in the Hebrew Bible. א and ת are the first and last letters in the Hebrew Alefbet..." UNQUOTE

את - this is a grammatical indicator particle for the direct object (in Hebrew the particle et-occurs before the direct object as an indicator of the same)

Also interestingly the two letters Aleph and Tav את are also the initial letters for Urim and Thummim (Thummim (תוּמִים) is widely considered to be derived from the consonantal root ת.ם.ם (t-m-m), meaning 'innocent';
אוּרִים (Urim) derives from the Hebrew term אּרּרִים (Arrim), meaning 'guilt curses', and thus that Urim and Thummim essentially means 'cursed' or 'faultless'.

1 Samuel 14:41 is regarded by biblical scholars as key to understanding the Urim and Thummim; the passage describes an attempt to identify a sinner via divination, by repeatedly splitting the people into two groups and identifying which group contains the sinner etc.

To say someone is the Urum ve Thummim is to say he is the personification of the Oracle, that is, the ultimate Judge of sinners v. righteous, etc.

Just my $.02

posted on Mar, 14 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sigismundus

Indeed, and I should probably also have mentioned the cipher that is used a few places called atbash that is AT as in replacing the first letter with the last or A=T and the second letter with the second to last, Ba=Sh. Just the other week I made meself a cipher key, it's fairly simple, and turned it so A=L and started translating odd words, as how Golgotha which supposedly means Skull, but when the word shows up in other places it means arcs or circles and most importantly block & tackle, the Atbash key slightly resembles a pullie, wheels within wheels as Ezekiel says, there's never been a place in Jerusalem carrying that name. I ran it through the Atbash mill, and what do you know the names Heb. יזאילמחל or «Isaiel-Michel» shows up. Is it Jesus' real name? Thread ==> www.abovetopsecret.com...

The missing Hebrew text of the Apocalypse probably contained several atbash codes as well as other mechanisms for sustaining the original Hebrew making the text predictable and reconstructable, there were several meters and such available to the Hebrew scribes, which they would use to preserve the text and make it easier to memorise and reconstruct if it was ever lost. The old texts are full of metres based in math and geometry, poetry and ciphers+++, mechanisms to make the texts predictable, and reconstructable. I suspect that when the poorly translated Greek text of the Apocalypse reads Alpha and Omega— the original text contained important atbash ciphered messages in those very spots.

originally posted by: Sigismundus
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Just my $.02

Keep that up and you'll've earned shekels before you'd've known it...
edit on 14-3-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
its clear that god said those things in johns experience it even says " SAYS THE LORD GOD."
he is instructed to write down everything that he experiences.

It was god who said he was the alpha and omega. the beginning and the end. the first and the last.
john simply wrote it down.

In the beginning there was nothing. somehow out of this nothing came everything.
But god says he is the beginning.

In the beginning was the word.
And the word was with god.
and the word was god.

What exactly is the word? whell jesus is called the word became flesh and dwelt among us. also reffered to as the WORD of God.

Really he is the void become flesh, as are all of us.

Everyone is the son of man. And everyone came from nothing.
Before you were concieved you were a sperm and an egg and took natures first pattern into existence.

In the bible the spirit returns to god who gave it.
And God is the beginning and the end.

It helps when you understand that time is an illusion and the past present and future coexist together.
Meaning the beginning and the end exist, predetermined, and free will is predestined.

Jesus said the first will be last and the last will be first when asked about the ranks in the kingdom of heaven.
God calls himself the First and the Last.

What would u make out of what im going on about?
Remember God said "Let us make man in our image and our likeness."

The false prophet was Muhammad in my opinion.

edit on 15-3-2016 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
How is it the whole Christian history expects the False Prophet, and not expecting the fulfillment of the Beatitudes of Jesus' Kingdom of God? Shall we have another 2000 years expectations? It is simply politically inconvenient to build up kingdom of God, at the time of Church=Roman State, and in the Middle Ages. How about now? Or whoever wants to build it, will be called the Antichrist? Why so? Because Augustine said so? Augustine is not a dogma! He is not even a saint in the Orthodox Church! The Augustinian Revelation timeline must be rejected today, when we are in the Space era, and it is clear God didn't create one only earth to populate with one only species in His image. The so set timeline of Revelation that envisions only passive expectation of Second Coming, that turns to be expectation of a Must to come Antichrist beforehand, is ill conceived! It is to rewrite the holy books to serve agenda. Not just the agenda of Imperial Rome but also agenda of unfriendly extraterrestrials, probably draconians, who do not want to see humanity set free from planet Earth, neither do they want God's kingdom fulfilled.

Who killed Jesus Christ? The pharisees, the most devote people at the time, the most fanatic ones as well. Their descendants inside Church ranks killed scores of people who thought otherwise, like Giordano Bruno.
The Church and especially the Roman Catholic has a special duty to repair centuries old trespasses against the humanity. If it was not for that screwed view of Revelation and Kingdom of God being only spiritual, we would have the Industrial age to start right there in 5th century after the Christianity got the political power and should be interested to bring in the food to the poor, and the progress to humanity. Still the Church could repair it. One word: Disclosure of ET. Let it say loudly the ET in the Bible are the Angels (the good ones) and the entire history of God's saved people is interconnected with them.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Responses to different parts of your post:

1) People expect darkness to take over Earth rather than the Peace and Love of Light because they lack Faith, so they believe everything is hopeless and the world is ending.

2) The draconians, the dragon, the reptilians are a representation of the reptilian brain which creates the fear of survival. Fear (cortisol) and anger (cortisol + dopamine) can be overcome by Gratitude (oxytocin). The negativity of the reptilian brain is caused by a fear of loss and lack and Gratitude focuses on Abundance and the Kindness within people.

3) We do not need to be "saved" from Earth. Without the lower reptilian mind, Earth will be without the fear of loss and lack and there will be peace and an absence of aggression and anger towards others.

Remember, according to the creation story, Earth was a paradise (Eden), until humanity (Adam) was deceived by the lies of the reptilian mind (the serpent).

It was these lies of the lower mind of fear (sin) which brought death (suffering) into the world.

Life has won over death because of the Power of Healing ("The Ressurection"), there are still many Nature-Healers (Fairies, Angels, and Humans) helping to keep the Creation healthy and full of Light against the monsters (fallen angels, destroyers, etc.) who do not love The Truth (Life, Unity, Nature, Prosperity, Abundance).

Don't be scared into running away from Earth. Many healers are still here, more people are awakening, and The Light of Love which has the power to Heal and Resurrect , and even some positive ETs and animals, trees, plants, and Fairies are all working hard with Healing and Love.

Keep in mind; The Law of Attraction!

You get more of what you give your Energy/Awareness/Focus to, that's why many religious traditions taught having a pure mind from negativity, meditation, amd giving praise to God (Appreciating what the Spirit of Life gives to you, beautiful trees, fruits, sunlight, etc.)

May all darkness of fear and lack be filled with The Light of Peace and Gratitude.

posted on Mar, 17 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You never mentioned Paul, who says the same thing about the time being now, and he tells his followers to call him their father, when Jesus says "call no man on earth your father."

Revelation also mentions Jesus rebuking those teaching the doctrine of Balaam, that the eating of meat sacrificed to Idols is OK. Well, only Paul teaches that. And he congratulates the Ephesians for rejecting liars who call themselves Apostles but are not. Paul mentions all of those in Asia turning from him. Ephesus is in Asia.

John isn't the one saying that the time is now, he was a conduit for Jesus and gave John the words in a dream.

This is the first time I have ever heard anybody say John was a false prophet. John was one of the people warned by Jesus about false prophets and thus, can't logically be called one. Jesus would have said that a false prophet is among us like when he told Judas about his coming betrayal and Peter about the denials. But he never said "John will become a false prophet." The only false prophet is Balaam Saul. Notice how many Apostles are mentioned in the vision of new Jerusalem, just the 12 because Paul was not an apostle. That means he is a liar, and teaching the doctrine of Balaam makes him a false prophet. How could he have been teaching this doctrine that Jesus condemns if he was truly a prophet of God? He would have known he was teaching a condemned doctrine, but he either didn't know or knew and didn't care. Either way, he's a false prophet.

But not John.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Azzezza

Agreed. Saulus was the person John of Patmos called the False Prophet or the second beast of Re 13.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join