It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The False Prophet of Revelation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

1. Man who claims he is the Christ/Messiah and that Jesus was just a prophet and all religious text contain truth and error.
messenger.cjcmp.org...

2. Man who claims he is the second coming.
conservativepost.com...

3. Australian man claims to be second coming because he looks like the Shroud of Turin.
www.dailymail.co.uk... home-moving-Australia-follow-self-proclaimed-messiah.html

4-37. Wikipedia
A list of 34 other people in the last couple of centuries who have claimed to be the second coming.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

So that is at least 37 in the last two hundred years.

And I don't remember who, and I couldn't find it on Google. But there was a Protestant preacher claiming to be Elijah not long ago, who was going to reunite the Christians and Catholics.

But You can keep trying to use the bible to disprove the bible if you like.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

What does any of that have to do with the information I presented? If those people can do it then John of Patmos sure as hell could have done it too. I don't see how any of that is relevant to the current discussion.

Matthew 24
11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

There is more than just one of them you know.
edit on 8/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Pretty sure the bible does a good job of disproving itself on its own... at least to those that have actually read it without a church denomination looking over their shoulder telling them what to believe...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

There were a husband/wife team I saw on BIN who were claiming they were the two witnesses some months ago, too.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Revelation 1
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

John is QUOTING what GOD said. He isn't claiming to BE God or the Alpha and Omega.

If I write:

"I am an old man," wrote Twain, "and have known a great many troubles."

it doesn't mean I'm claiming to BE Mark Twain. It means I'm quoting him.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That is part of following what Christ taught. I believe we already covered this ground in a previous post. If we are to keep ourselves spiritually ready, we are already doing this.

However, if you read the four Gospels, more than almost any other message, Christ brings home the message of belief. Belief in Him as the way. It is the first pre-requisite then follows all the rest.

Works without faith are empty in God's eyes, and faith without works is dead. They are interdependent, but it is clear that faith is the first requirement.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Farlander

This book is called "the revelation of John"

Meaning the words written were supposed to be directly from said "alpha & Omega" aside from the narrative

I think that was the OP's point

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yeah , exactly OP. I think your taking one thing out of context just to fight with people. Do you actually believe the author of Revelation is claiming to be God?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Whoever he's quoting is claiming to be God. If all of Revelation was inspired by God then so was John's comment about the time being near. How are you so sure John was quoting God and not Satan?

Revelation (ignoring who wrote it) claims to be God speaking and saying the time is near. It is also a prophecy. False prophets are said to say the same exact things.

I see a lot of mental gymnastics being performed to ignore the issue here. It's a simple concept and to nitpick specifics is to ignore the issue as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thank you for this well thought out and well researched thread.

Fake prophets teach from the shadows.

True prophets teach from the light.

edit on 26-8-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What does any of that have to do with the information I presented? If those people can do it then John of Patmos sure as hell could have done it too. I don't see how any of that is relevant to the current discussion.

Matthew 24
11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

There is more than just one of them you know.

The God I believe in doesn't give us words of enlightenment and then not protect that book from human corruption.

So I was presenting to you that the prophecy is true today about false Christs. I don't believe John of Patamos was calling himself God personally.

Here is some Christian and Islam scriptures that confirm the scriptures are not corrupted. Only the interpretations are corrupt, which is why some of the Jews didn't believe, they refused to,believe Jesus's interpretation.

John 10:35
If he called those men gods because The Word of God was with them and the scripture cannot be destroyed

Timothy 2:36
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

Torah--"We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers," (Sura 2:87).1

Psalms--"We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms," (4:163).

Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).

"The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all," (6:115).

"For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity," (10:64).

I believe in the prophets. I don't believe in a God that sent words through enlightened men and allowed them to be corrupted. And historically speaking it has been shown that the the OT, NT and Quran are the same as when they were first written.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

To believe in Jesus (his true nature, that of yourself) is to emulate him and to become perfect. If you honestly try to be perfect, you can be. The thing is, a lot of people believe perfection is unattainable, and in the process they do not try to be perfect because of that belief.

1 John 2
6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

How can you claim to live in Jesus if you do not live as he did: perfectly?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Timothy 2:36
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness

And of course you know Paul wasn't talking about anything in the NT... let alone revelation

Right?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Whoever he's quoting is claiming to be God. If all of Revelation was inspired by God then so was John's comment about the time being near. How are you so sure John was quoting God and not Satan?

Revelation (ignoring who wrote it) claims to be God speaking and saying the time is near. It is also a prophecy. False prophets are said to say the same exact things.

I see a lot of mental gymnastics being performed to ignore the issue here. It's a simple concept and to nitpick specifics is to ignore the issue as well.

And for you next great trick, you will claim that the entire Bible is false because the whole work is said to be inspired by God which means every single person who worked to write it ... as a human author ... would be claiming to be God in your opinion?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

To believe in Jesus (his true nature, that of yourself) is to emulate him and to become perfect. If you honestly try to be perfect, you can be. The thing is, a lot of people believe perfection is unattainable, and in the process they do not try to be perfect because of that belief.

1 John 2
6 Whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.

How can you claim to live in Jesus if you do not live as he did: perfectly?

Sorry, I was a high caliber athlete for too many years to believe that anyone or anything can ever be perfect. You can always be better.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Read the parable of the weeds, Jesus predicted his words being corrupted.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Pretty sure the bible does a good job of disproving itself on its own... at least to those that have actually read it without a church denomination looking over their shoulder telling them what to believe...

I don't believe most of what the chuch says.

I listened to it on CD for 1 to 2 hours a day for 2 years and have read the OT twice all the way through and studied it diligently. And I have read the NT many times, I don't have a count.

I don't find any contradictions. But that is a different thread, and you wouldn't likely believe my explanations anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

No tricks here, just pointing out some obvious discrepancies.

Who is the one speaking when John writes "I am the Alpha and Omega"? Who is speaking when anyone in the bible writes something attributed to God? If not God then how can you trust it so deeply?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Read the parable of the weeds, Jesus predicted his words being corrupted.

That he did, and there are many in the church these days who will not endure sound doctrine but instead seek out what their itching ears want to hear.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Athletics and treating other people with love are not the same thing.
edit on 8/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join