It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Demanding that the world stop to afford you a right (which is not actually a right, as it has no impact on your quality of life) that the rest of your society thinks puts them at risk is backward and will not stop change.

I am demanding no such thing. I merely see reality for what it is, not what you think it should be.

I am interested by what you think is a right. A right is not defined by how it affects quality of life. A right is an inherent ability that does not impose on another person. Every person has a right to defend themselves, their family, and their property. I guess some so-called 'progressives' (hereafter referred by me as regressives) think that should be with just rocks and sticks, or wait for the police to show up.

Mark my words, laws are going to change in America, owning a gun unsuitable for what you claim to want it for will become increasingly difficult - and socially unacceptable - and eventually it will no longer be relevant to your society.

Marked. And chuckled at.

You can complain about it all you like, it's not going to stop the evolution of your society and guns will become a thing of the past in your general population within the next 20 or so years.

It's amazing how regressives want to push people back in time to when only the government and their enforcers had the superior weaponry.

Even if your government doesn't do this now, repeated shootings will cause public opinion to change. This is inevitable, and if the pro-gun crowd had a clue about where this is all heading they would agree to all safety checks and sensible laws on the sale and ownership of these weapons so the chances of such shootings occurring are lessened.

Newsflash dude, shooting crimes like this are on the decrease. The only reason we hear about them is because of the 24/7 media and 'if it bleeds it leads' infotainment.

The other thing you are conveniently ignoring is that none of the proposed safety checks would have stopped this guy.

No gun show purchase - he bought from a gun store with a deposit
Background checks - he passed it
Mental Health - it was advised but he never was checked
Ban on scary looking semiautomatic rifles - he used a pistol

I would love to see more mental health checks on people, but regressives have made it difficult to single out people who are acting unstable, especially if they are gay or a minority.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
After 55 page's of reading this thread..Some of the post's here have really blown my mind.I.e,the shooting victims didn't "respond" in a certain way,"no blood",wasn't "screaming the right way" etc,Really? I swear some of you conspiracy flakes live in a bubble of fear/Stupidity..
Paranoia strikes deep..Hell,I'm afraid some of the posters in this thread share the same characteristics as Flanigan...Which is pretty effing sad.
Ps..Btw,Life is not a movie/video game.
edit on 29-8-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

I agree 100000% and something else I find incredibly disturbing is reading posts from members (who I assume are fairly young due to the way they talk) that have watched the video over and over looking for blood, entrance wounds, body reactions..... #!!!!! this is a real video of a real person getting murdered in cold blood. These are the people screaming about psy-ops and brainwashing, but clearly they have been indirectly brainwashed by tv, movies, computer games and the Internet.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I thought the disgruntled assassin was a black guy? Having watched the video, I do wonder why it is that the gunman has a WHITE hand.
www.jimstonefreelance.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucius Driftwood

You're right, that is pretty curious.

All the more so given that it's not a white hand.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I guess life really isnt a movie or a video game, and here i was thinking i was living in a simulation world because i studied a video of a murder and had suspicions. I must be on the wrong website surely ? All this time i was thinking this is a conspiracy form, guess i better just watch me mainstream news and not have any opinion on any subjects whatsoever, bahhh bahhh black sheep

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Just because it is a conspiracy site it doesn't mean we fall for every conspiracy.
If you just want one sided nonsense go to glp.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Then go some where else Dude.This Forum doesn't tolerate Ignorance...
Edit..Btw,You sound like a 2 yr old throwing a temper tantrum..
edit on 29-8-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Why do people always trot this line out whenever somebody doesn't agree with their theory?

It IS a conspiracy site. Where we discuss theories. Discussion means talking back and forth. Discussion doesn't mean "I'll say something and you agree with whatever it is!"

I'm sure, being the Internet is a vast and glorious place, there are sites out there that do that. You can probably find them.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I said that not because somebody did not agree with my theory, i said it because of the fact that when someone puts forward a theory on why they think something is suspicious, people automatically assume we think we live in a movie or a video game, which is silly

I am happy to discuss everything and actually value everyones opinions, i have even stated that we have 90% evidence of it been the way it is, just some whackjob that killed people.

Still leaves the 10% that made me suspicious and i asked questions about them, because thats why we are here, to leanr and to educate, am i or others wrong for finding some things about this story suspicious ? Nope

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I havent fallen for any conspiracy tho ?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I think the issue here is that the majority (myself included) find nothing suspicious about it. There is nothing, not a shred of evidence that suggest this incident is a conspiracy. Whatever it may be that you see in the story that leads you to believe otherwise, most likely can be debunked with the bare minimum of critical thinking.
edit on 29-8-2015 by iProphecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

Nope i actually quite like it here man
What i meant by i thought this was a conspiracy forum is that, when people have suspicious thoughts and put them forward, why people get sore about that ?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: iProphecy

Which is why i put my thoughts forward in the first place and before i even do i state, i have no knowledge of fire arms or someone getting shot infront of me, some members do, so what i find suspicious another member can explain to me and make me see it there way.

So how is it wrong to write about a suspicion i have ? I dont write them on here to argue with people, i genuinely write them so either

1.I could be right and shed new light on a situation and educate someone

2.I could be totally wrong and someone else can educate me

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Did you read the whole thread?.
It has all been answered.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Yes i have but that is not what we are discussing now, we are discussing why do people argue with other people if they find something suspicious ? I genuinely come on here to get educated, if i find something weird, ill say it, if i am wrong then another member can explain it to me and set me on the right track.

Instead of thinking that we think we live in a movie or a video game.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CuriousPaddy

Which is why i put my thoughts forward in the first place and before i even do i state, i have no knowledge of fire arms or someone getting shot infront of me, some members do, so what i find suspicious another member can explain to me and make me see it there way.

So how is it wrong to write about a suspicion i have ? I dont write them on here to argue with people, i genuinely write them so either

1.I could be right and shed new light on a situation and educate someone

2.I could be totally wrong and someone else can educate me

A man pointed and fired a device that propels pieces of lead at extremely high velocity at 2 living human beings who were former colleagues that went into their bodies causing massive internal trauma, therefore causing their deaths.

Why exactly would someone need to be a firearms expert to grasp that concept, again? After all it was videoed in POV by the killer himself. It's a very cut and dry situation, there was nothing suspicious to see and nothing that needed to be figured out.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

What was suspicious to me, and other members whos posts i read is this

A. When she was screaming whilst been shot why didnt her tone of voice change ? Even from impact.

B. Where was the bullet casings when the shots that we can see was being fired ?

C. Why didnt she react in any way when she seen this guy (She would have seen his gun too) people can say because there trained to zone in on whatever they are doing, but why not have a second look when the cameraman was not focused on you ?

D.I stated i find no reason for this to be a false flag, then a few members said that america is trying to establish a huge racial divide and also trying to control guns. Someone else also stated that (her father i think) was suited up 2 days later on TV talking about gun control.

I am not saying that this is a false flag, i just raised questions which i wanted answers too, whether im wrong or right the benefit is still the same, i learn something or i teach something

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

A) do you think your voice raises or lowers when you get shot or something? If you're screaming, you're screaming. Unless you get hit and lose your breath, a scream is a scream.

B) answered. You can see at least one casing hitting near the hose in the cameraman's video

C) why does her reaction matter so much? It is utterly and completely subjective to say "why didn't she.." Or "she should have..." So again I'll ask if there's a definition out there for how a 24 year old reporter is supposed to act during a live interview when somebody walks by her peripheral vision and then starts shooting at her? If there is I would like to see it. Unless somebody here has some insight into what she was thinking at that moment, the point is completely moot. She's not around to explain why she reacted the way she did.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

A. Nope not higher, or lowers, but at the least a split second pause ? As ive suggested if you make a humming noise and beat on your chest the tone changes on impact, why not her when she was shot 3 times ?

B. Thank you for clearing that one up

C.It matters much because of the fact that she seen a guy, who she knew, who was fired, holding a gun, while she was interviewing somebody ? And she did not react what so ever. Look man I know im wrong all i done was ask a few questions which i wanted the answers to, which i will continue to do in the future if i find anything suspicious

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join