It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

a reply to: Shamrock6

I said that not because somebody did not agree with my theory, i said it because of the fact that when someone puts forward a theory on why they think something is suspicious, people automatically assume we think we live in a movie or a video game, which is silly

I am happy to discuss everything and actually value everyones opinions, i have even stated that we have 90% evidence of it been the way it is, just some whackjob that killed people.

Still leaves the 10% that made me suspicious and i asked questions about them, because thats why we are here, to leanr and to educate, am i or others wrong for finding some things about this story suspicious ? Nope

A lot of us are having trouble with that 10%, you're not alone in that. Yes, this is a conspiracy forum and yes, it is perfectly acceptable (and encouraged) to have your own opinion. Denying ignorance is one thing; denying that there are any other possibilities other than the official story is another thing entirely. And mistreating people for theorizing is not the way it's supposed to work here. It would be a mistake not to question things...you're doing nothing wrong.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Did you read the whole thread?.
It has all been answered.

Answered? Yes, some things. Confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt? Not by a long shot. There are many facets to this event that do not make sense and there are many questions that still need to be answered. And it's perfectly ok to speculate...you never know when something might be mentioned that could shed new light on the subject.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: iProphecy

It's a very cut and dry situation, there was nothing suspicious to see and nothing that needed to be figured out.

It is far from being a "cut and dry" (I think you may have meant "cut and dried"?) situation, and there are plenty of things that could be termed "suspicious', as well as things that still need to be figured out. There is an ongoing investigation, after all, so apparently the authorities feel there is a need to explore all possibilities as well. Yes, they were shot. Yes, they were killed. That's about all we can say that we know for sure actually happened. I don't get why you guys are being so derisive and sarcastic when someone asks questions, responding to them as if they're intellectually impaired...isn't that the point of a discussion?

ETA: Ok, I understand the frustration I think...repetitive questions get annoying. But then again, slogging through 60 pages of posts to try and see if something has already been asked is annoying too. I just get tired of the fighting...not knocking on you guys, honestly I'm not.

edit on 315812America/ChicagoSun, 30 Aug 2015 12:58:09 -050031pm31241America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: eta

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: iProphecy

It's a very cut and dry situation, there was nothing suspicious to see and nothing that needed to be figured out.

Yes, they were shot. Yes, they were killed. That's about all we can say that we know for sure actually happened.

We also know for sure who shot them as we have 2 videos + there was security cam footage and we have a living witness we know for sure why he said he did it. He made twitter posts explaining and wrote a manifesto.

(post by JuJuBee removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

A) do you think your voice raises or lowers when you get shot or something? If you're screaming, you're screaming. Unless you get hit and lose your breath, a scream is a scream.

He's talking about someone screaming and, mid-scream, receiving a blow to the upper torso (in this case a bullet), and neither the pitch nor the volume of the scream changes when those blows are received.

Anyone can demonstrate that what he (and others) are questioning is quite relevant. Sing (or scream) a long, continuous note at full volume, and have someone throw something (a tennis ball would probably suffice) really hard at your chest or alternatively, whack you really hard, and see if your voice doesn't change pitch or waver at all at the point of impact. Even having someone bump into you while you're talking is enough to jar you and interrupt your pattern of speech, if it is unexpected. A bullet would definitely do it.

As to the screaming and running questions, again, easily demonstrated. Sing a long note at full volume and then take off at a dead sprint while holding the note. Your body will be bouncing...you're fleeing for your life...and your voice will jitter. Hers does not, and she was running across wooden planks in ridiculously high heels, so it wouldn't have been anything approaching smooth. By the way, if you do this experiment and you wear heels, please have someone film it. Bonus points if you also wear a skirt.

It's been bothering me too...the only plausible explanation that I can come up with is that the first several shots did not hit her...but there has been no mention of that so far; in fact, everything I have read asserts that she was hit by those shots. Well, if she was, I'd like to know why her voice did not falter too. It does not, however, explain why her voice does not waiver as she runs away. It's a valid question.

edit on 315211America/ChicagoSun, 30 Aug 2015 11:52:45 -050031am31241America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

edit on 315511America/ChicagoSun, 30 Aug 2015 11:55:34 -050031am31241America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

(post by JuJuBee removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I know two people who knew this woman and her family. This happened very close to where I live. She is dead. Not sure why you think you'd hear a body fall with no clear audio and all that ruckus going on, and I think it's safe to say that, conversely, you didn't see her not get shot either...speaking of assumption...but she was most definitely killed. So, no, I am not assuming anything. If I didn't know it, I would not have said it.

edit on Sun Aug 30 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

She is dead, but I think it's cute how you think a simple faux pas is proof otherwise. Very amusing indeed. And in your scenario, when she got this promotion "to her own office" (what...she didn't have her own office already?) how does the rest of her life play out? She changes her name and has reconstructive surgery to alter her physical appearance? This is a very small community, you know. People tend to run into each other a lot. And of course, the funeral home would have to be in on it, so I suppose they obtained a body and then had reconstructive surgery done on it, too, to make it look exactly like her, you know, so her family and friends wouldn't know the difference. Care to elaborate on how this charade was pulled off in a small, nowhere place in VA, where the only people who even knew these people existed were from the same community?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

1) addressed. Repeatedly.
2) addressed. Repeatedly.
3) addressed. Repeatedly.
4) addressed. Repeatedly.
5) addressed. Repeatedly.
6) she was. It's in literally every single article about the shooting.

Your quoted text is from a broadcast THE SAME FREAKING DAY OF THE SHOOTING.

You hoaxers can't be arsed to even try anymore, can you?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

At the time of my comment it wasn't released where she had been struck by the bullets.

Beyond that, it's not as if it's one long continuous scream. It's several short screams. I don't think it's that far fetched to posit that, using this whole example, her screams could have been cut off by being struck. Or that she continued to scream in response to being struck.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Im sorry..*knock knock* excuse me. let tme get the door. Oh! its reality calling. This isnt a movie and you wont always hear a body falling liek a sack of potatoes. Especially if they are slowly dying and not instantly dead. now if she was shot at the base of the spine/neck yeah instant drop.

Also you wont get a spray of blood like in the movies from a gunshot wound so its not always instantly apparent.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

We also know for sure who shot them as we have 2 videos + there was security cam footage and we have a living witness we know for sure why he said he did it. He made twitter posts explaining and wrote a manifesto.

There are things that do not add up, even with the aforementioned evidence. I am not going to just accept whatever story I am fed, regardless of how neatly it may seem to be tied up. It's just not how I roll. If something seems off, I pay attention to my gut. There may very well be a perfectly plausible explanation for the things that are bothering me, and that's fine. But until there is, I personally am keeping an open mind. I should have said "that's about all I can say for sure actually happened." However, I actually need to add to that: I do not think this is a false flag either.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

At the time of my comment it wasn't released where she had been struck by the bullets.

Beyond that, it's not as if it's one long continuous scream. It's several short screams. I don't think it's that far fetched to posit that, using this whole example, her screams could have been cut off by being struck. Or that she continued to scream in response to being struck.

It's really (for me anyway) when she runs. Because I tried it myself (in heels too, so I literally risked my life for science
), and even though I am a professional stage vocalist and instinctively tightened my diaphragm against the bouncing, if I were caught completely off-guard and injured I don't know that the same instinct would kick in. It's possible that she was a singer, or maybe even a runner, and just automatically controlled the bouncing effect on her diaphragm. But it's an inconsistency, and therefore I will continue to question it until it's explained.

I personally cannot make out the screaming too well...don't know if it's my laptop or what, but it sounds like constant screaming to me. But if it's short screams, maybe that itself answers the question...maybe it was one long scream interrupted by the impact of the bullets and the running, and the mystery isn't a mystery after all. I'm sure there will be an explanation one way or the other, because a lot of people out there in the world are questioning that aspect of it...not just here on ATS.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I count 9 screams followed by an "oh my god." The last two or three screams sound like, to me, her breath is starting to run out. And the "oh my god" is breathy, to me. The first scream sounds like a sharp intake of breath and a scream. Like the pitch is rising or something. I don't know the terms. But to me there's several intervals between the screams.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

A) do you think your voice raises or lowers when you get shot or something? If you're screaming, you're screaming. Unless you get hit and lose your breath, a scream is a scream.

Anyone can demonstrate that what he (and others) are questioning is quite relevant. Sing (or scream) a long, continuous note at full volume, and have someone throw something (a tennis ball would probably suffice) really hard at your chest or alternatively, whack you really hard, and see if your voice doesn't change pitch or waver at all at the point of impact. Even having someone bump into you while you're talking is enough to jar you and interrupt your pattern of speech, if it is unexpected. A bullet would definitely do it.

So use a tennis ball thrown at the chest to accurately judge the sound you make as you scream while getting shot? And really take this seriously?

Can you explain why her voice doesn't falter? Why it doesn't change pitch? What exactly are you thinking is going on? The whole thing was staged and the sounds was edited in after it was filmed?

What is you theory on what's happened?

(post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I wonder if the place where all these people are taken and hidden after these government operations is better then the USA or if the people just get a good, expense paid life somewhere in this country. We never hear from them so I think it must be good.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

So use a tennis ball thrown at the chest to accurately judge the sound you make as you scream while getting shot? And really take this seriously?

Can you explain why her voice doesn't falter? Why it doesn't change pitch? What exactly are you thinking is going on? The whole thing was staged and the sounds was edited in after it was filmed?

What is you theory on what's happened?

No. And I don't appreciate your tone, either, intentional or otherwise. Condescension gives me a really bad attitude, so kindly refrain from using that tactic with me.

If someone were to hit you with an impact that equals a bullet, you'd be badly injured, and need medical attention. Obviously that wouldn't be very smart, now would it? I am referring to the acoustics in the chest, and chose a tennis ball because it is not a hard ball and will bounce off, yet will deliver a pretty decent whack. If you actually read what I said, I clearly stated that it wouldn't take much of an impact to cause the voice to jitter, just a bump really, and a bullet would definitely do it.

I have already posted several different possible explanations for why her voice did not waver/falter/change when she was shot, and also when she took off running. Feel free to read them.

I most specifically said the part that really bothers me is when she is running, and I explained why it bothers me. I also posed possible reasons for that not being the case as well, because I recreated that at home, running at a sprint in heels, like she did. The only difference was I was running on asphalt and she was not...and also, she was running for her life. I was not.

As far as any editing of the video after it was filmed, why on earth would you ask me something like that? What possible reason would anyone have for editing it? And you want to mock me about a tennis ball, seriously? It was a live broadcast. People were watching as it was happening, while having their morning coffee. That's why the news station cut the feed. People don't generally enjoy watching people get murdered while they're getting ready for work...they tend to get upset by things like that.

I also cannot comprehend why you would ask me if I thought it was "staged". I don't know how many times I've already said that I believe they were shot and I believe the shots killed them, but it's been a whole lot. I do however, utilize critical thinking, so if something does not make sense to me, I am going to question it. As I have also stated very clearly, numerous times, on this very thread. As I am becoming extremely tired of repeating, for people who are so quick to chime in that they cannot seem to pay attention.

edit on 31074America/ChicagoSun, 30 Aug 2015 16:07:58 -050031pm31241America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60 >>

join