It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Plots Government Shutdown Fight Over Planned Parenthood

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

When the facilities that abortions are preformed in are government funded, that at least is a conflict of interest. The money is part of the whole budget and saying that the money is separated is splitting hairs.

You also seem to think I'm against planned parenthood funding. I'm not. I have no problem with their funding. I'm only saying that religious folks have the right to their opinions.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
and yet, the supreme court has ruled that a clinic cannot be stripped of title x money simply because they also offer abortion services....

why don't you go argue with the supremes

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

If people on food stamps can pay for beer and cigarettes they don't need food stamps.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
and yet, the supreme court has ruled that a clinic cannot be stripped of title x money simply because they also offer abortion services....

why don't you go argue with the supremes

So you always agree with the supremes?
Oh wait. You have an opinion to.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Except for the thousands it screws over, but ya who cares about them right? They shouldn't have taken that job with the gov!

All so our congress men can act like 5 year old who didn't get the toy they wanted.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Except for the thousands it screws over, but ya who cares about them right? They shouldn't have taken that job with the gov!

All so our congress men can act like 5 year old who didn't get the toy they wanted.

Better than the millions they would have if allowed to report for duty.
edit on 26-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
everyone if free to express their opinion, but the churches as I understand it, aren't supposed to be as politically active as they seem to be.
and no I don't always agree with the supremes, but then I don't have an army of the faithful listening to me either...

and well since people keep bring it up I have to ask
just who is listening to sharpton and jackson?? to me, I am sorry, but they seem to be as loony as many of the right wingers.

and well, shutting down the gov't over a bunch of videos that are highly edited to convey a truth that isn't even true is as loony as it gets!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

oh yes, those poor people taking vacations in our national parks, getting screwed over by the gov't....
those poor senior citizens who will have less sleepless nights worrying if they will get their monthly check...
those poor families of our service men and women who will also have less sleepless night wondering about the paycheck coming in, or the food stamps they need to help out because the paychecks don't cover it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

oh yes, those poor people taking vacations in our national parks, getting screwed over by the gov't....
those poor senior citizens who will have less sleepless nights worrying if they will get their monthly check...
those poor families of our service men and women who will also have less sleepless night wondering about the paycheck coming in, or the food stamps they need to help out because the paychecks don't cover it.

As you know, none of those things happened although, they did terrorize a group of tourists in a national park.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: buster2010

They can tell their congregation to call their local politician and make their voices heard. That's how a republic works.

No they cannot. That is still getting politically involved and violates their tax code.

Just like the fine reverend jackson.
When he stops maybe somebody will give a damn.

If he is getting a tax break then he should be stripped of it. Btw just what church does Jackson head?
edit on 7550000004631America/ChicagoWed, 26 Aug 2015 12:07:46 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If people on food stamps can pay for beer and cigarettes they don't need food stamps.

And companies that make billions in profit shouldn't get tax breaks so what's your point?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hyperbole much?
We ate talking people actually get screwed out of their entire paycheck not just whining about how they dont like our gov. And majority doesn't rule right? Or are you taking the stance of majority out weighs the minority here.

Very out or character if so.

link   

Sorry for drifting off topic with you but...

What they really "don't need" is to have someone like yourself tell them what they do and do not need.

Regardless of whether or not they're making the wisest decisions in their life, so long as what they're doing is legal, who are you to dictate their choices?

These remind me of questions I might pose to someone like Donald Trump, but here goes;

Even if you could dictate their choices, how would you police these evil food stamp recipients?

How would you stop them from going to another store to buy their beer with cash?

Would you create the dept. of food stamp police?

Would you prohibit them from having any cash whatsoever leftover to spend?

Would all people buying beer or cigarettes with cash have to undergo a background check to insure they haven't received food stamps in the last 30 days?

How would you do it?

edit on 26-8-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh they love to throw around that term "shut down the government" but who does that hurt? Not Congress, they still work and get paid. Not the Federal workforce. It's a free paid vacation (Congress always votes to give back pay to those furloughed during the shutdown) although I am "essential personnel" therefore I continue to work but can't get paid until the shutdown is over.

Here is who it hurts: The tax payers (work continues to pile up at the various agencies with nobody to do the work), the small business owner who relies on government contracts as a primary source of revenue, and the employees of those small businesses, who may be laid off if a shutdown lasts long enough.

Oh, and the economy. Like it or not, the Federal government is a primary driver of the U.S. economy.

And all of this really only hinges on the expiration of funding if Cruz was to rally enough support to not vote on a budget or continuing resolution prior to September 30, not Planned Parenthood funding. I doubt he'll get the support to hold up the entire primary budget (there are several areas not impacted by the primary budget) over defunding Planned Parenthood.

link   

Many religions think abortion is murder. Their tax dollars funding what they believe is murder directly effects them.

TAX DOLLARS DO NOT fund abortions. The clients do. Period.

What part of that do you NOT understand?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Yes they have the right to their opinions but a sitting senator doesn't have the right to use religion to push law. There is no opinion on that. It is cut and dry.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Hyperbole much?
We ate talking people actually get screwed out of their entire paycheck not just whining about how they dont like our gov. And majority doesn't rule right? Or are you taking the stance of majority out weighs the minority here.

Very out or character if so.

I was agreeing with you, they shouldn't have those "jobs".

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'd be curious to the the P&L statements about abortions, since they aren't government funded.

I mean, if they have a "boom year" what do they do with the profits?

A down year, do they fire people or lay them off?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They are a 503c. Same as churches and most lobbying organizations.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: beezzer

They are a 503c. Same as churches and most lobbying organizations.

They still have to keep records. Have budgets, payrolls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join