It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Plots Government Shutdown Fight Over Planned Parenthood

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Krazysh0t

When the facilities that abortions are preformed in are government funded, that at least is a conflict of interest. The money is part of the whole budget and saying that the money is separated is splitting hairs.

Not according to the government.

You also seem to think I'm against planned parenthood funding. I'm not. I have no problem with their funding. I'm only saying that religious folks have the right to their opinions.

If that is the case then your argument shouldn't be with me but with the people who wrongly think that the government funds abortions through tax money. Instead of trying to get me to understand their side of the argument, it makes more sense to make sure they understand what's really going on. That way we don't have to waste time debating strawmans.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

plannedparenthood.org...=20&zoom=110,-207,787

might find it here.....
around page 19 and after

edit on 26-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'd be curious to the the P&L statements about abortions, since they aren't government funded.

I mean, if they have a "boom year" what do they do with the profits?

A down year, do they fire people or lay them off?

I would just imagine they set aside excess donations in "boom" years into some kind of a reserve account that can be utilized to fund them through the "down" years.

Or did you mean, do they spend their money in ways that are inconsistent with the IRS guidelines that grant their tax exempt status?

You know, like the Center for Medical Progress does when they make these highly edited and deceitful videos in an attempt to vilify Planned Parenthood and promote their religious views.

I can't remember who said it, but someone famous once said something like; "suspicion is rooted in a guilty conscience."

edit on 26-8-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

The same way all other non-profit organizations handle their financial statements and cashflows:

Any yearend surplus and/or deficit gets carried forward into the next fiscal period.

Cashflow surplus means an increase to the next fiscal year's various budgets. Cashflow deficits means a decrease to the next fiscal year's various budgets.

Keep in mind that an income statement yearend profit does not necessarily mean a cashflow surplus... it depends on what sort of debt service they have going on.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Stay classy Ted.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

I thought telling people where to work was a bad thing.

/shrug.
My old man took a gov job because he had a family to support and they are good jobs that can accomplish that.

But ya, lets shut down the gov over petty issues that the ones calling for a shut down don't even seem to have a grasp on.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

/shrug.
My old man took a gov job because he had a family to support and they are good jobs that can accomplish that.

But ya, lets shut down the gov over petty issues that the ones calling for a shut down don't even seem to have a grasp on.

And see how long it takes to assemble firefighters to combat wildfires each summer from non-government funded sources.......liber tarian acknowledges "the truth".....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

/shrug.

Yes and good for him, I have cousins and friends who have these "jobs" and I would prefer that they have them over anyone else. The reason I know nepotism exists is because everybody does it.

However, is it fair to the ones who didn't get these jobs to subsidize their salaries through taxation?
edit on 26-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Government jobs are not "subsidized" by taxation - they are PAID by taxation (of one sort or another) - what is you point??

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

Government jobs are not "subsidized" by taxation - they are PAID by taxation (of one sort or another) - what is you point??

Most federal jobs aren't necessary to the operation of our government.

Eliminate federal income tax and let the states raise their own income taxes for both greater civic autonomy and as a handbrake to national tyranny.
edit on 26-8-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, a presidential candidate has to cover all bases.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Less taxes + less government = more freedom!

Who needs firefighters or police anyway?!
edit on 26-8-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Most federal jobs aren't necessary to the operation of our government.

Eliminate federal income tax and let the states raise their own income taxes for both greater civic autonomy and as a handbrake to national tyranny.

Taxes is taxes - states will need government jobs to receive and spend whatever taxes they raise too - again, what is your point??

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Which is ironic because those professions seem to hold a high number of people those hold those views.

Military and cops, not sure about firefighters tbh, seem to hold some conservative views,
All while they benefit from gov jobs and policies
edit on thWed, 26 Aug 2015 19:52:03 -0500America/Chicago820150380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

But THEIR jobs are OBVIOUSLY necessary - it's all those OTHER government jobs that are the problem.......

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Democrat Party Plots Government Shutdown Fight Over Planned Parenthood

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Less taxes + less government = more freedom!

Who needs firefighters or police anyway?!

So your premise is that a federal government shutdown would affect local services like police and firemen?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

"Less government" is not limited to Federal institutions.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

this is republican-think....it's like group-think, but narrower in definition....I can't wait for a group of politicians to be elected into the senate and congress, that will stick it to the wealthy, as much as the wealthy has robbed the middle class in the last forty years....Ronald Reagan was the first republican "assahat" that started stealing money from the middle class...no I'm NOT going to provide references......but I will direct you to type into google...."Reagan screwed the middle class"....thousand of sites, for some disgusting policy moves.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join