It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"74 per cent of Chinese think they would win in a war with the US military [NOW]"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No one could win a war with the US. There's too many guns, it'd be similar to the Mid East.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Find out what would cause America to surrender without firing a shot.

Once you find out, that'll be what China is working on accomplishing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I think that, if the US was to truly go all out, while avoiding nukes, that most of the general populace would be surprised to see how superior our real tech is. I also think most of the other countries leaders, like China, are fully aware the U.S is hiding it's really good stuff.

All this does is demonstrate how well our black budget program's intelligence is doing at keeping things hidden, by showing how ignorant the general populace is of the US hidden programs.

No, it just goes to show how destructive and backward we are as a race. It's so annoying that we have been conditioned to not see past our country!

That's why we have wars at the end if the day. All that money spent on killing ourselves just saddens me when we could be spending that money on making the world a better place.

I say f##k patrioism for your country.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Xcathdra

Actually we were to "Secure" a French asset they wanted to keep.

then we should have assisted the French when they were fighting in the 1950's.

secondly we were trying to prevent the communist north from conquering the south.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
These are probably the same people who think their work conditions are nice too and that they're also paid well too..

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Wow! I thought we Americans had cornered the market on stupidity? I guess that Chinese have a lot of stupid people too!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Xcathdra

Actually we were to "Secure" a French asset they wanted to keep.

then we should have assisted the French when they were fighting in the 1950's.

secondly we were trying to prevent the communist north from conquering the south.

LOL, yeah ok, the golden triangle had nothing to do with it. Botched CIA op? Oh no, it was to stop communism!

Double LOL.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I'm pretty sure that China has everything we have and then some.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I would'nt be sure of that. we "loan" our scientists to China for joint research. Its "joint" because we like them paying for it (and the more lax rules in China) along with them liking us knowing what we are doing.

China likely has some amazing "secret" tech. But it isn't what we have.

Am I the only one i this discussion that remembers China's first "space walk" that they were promoting? The one that was actually filmed underwater?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Oh, I'm not debating. I'm very sure of that. Let's just say they are excellent at stealing intellectual capital. Let's also just say that a lot of the early on contracts with China weren't overly cautious in that arena.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

i guess its a moot point anyway. It would end up being a war of attrition. with the end result being not enough humans left on Earth to maintain their own local cultures, let alone a global culture.

I think global casualties in the 2-5bil range would be a reasonable forecast. Mostly the weaker people who starve or die of disease.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Everyone would like to say my country can whip your country. In the case of the U.S. And China I would have to say US by 30%. Proven Navy, proven Nucs, proven cyber warfare. WTF do you think is happening to the Economy in China now? The U.S. Will not let China control the oil currency for the world.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
So is war with China the new thing? Cause I'm struggling to catch up. For a while it was Russia due to the whole Ukraine thing, we all talked about their bucket of bolts and out-dated equipment.. However, the middle east has been the main focus, where we had a war in Iraq over ten years, not to mention Afghanistan. Both of which had no where near the military hardware the U.S. has.... Regardless, all of THAT is coming to a close.. But we have the whole Syria/Iraq ISIS thing to deal with now...

The C.I.A. released a report a couple of years back (can be found in Google somewhere) that detailed regional conflict in Asia by 2025. And, if we know one thing for certain, it's that if the C.I.A. say there's gonna be a war, one way or another, there's gonna be a war !

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

yup. better infrastructure, more military machines, greater energy production, greater purchasing power....the only thing China supplants us in is infantry.

And in a war with us infantry wouldn't matter. Look at the transport aircraft capability.

But unless we are playing Risk...its still going to result in both sides stopping fighting while the world falls apart.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Everyone would like to say my country can whip your country. In the case of the U.S. And China I would have to say US by 30%. Proven Navy, proven Nucs, proven cyber warfare.

You either did not read the transcript / listen to the interview proved or you're being deliberately obtuse through blinkered jingoism. The very point is: the U.S. has not engaged in air-to-air or sea-to-sea (or sub-to-sub) or space-to-space combat in two score and ten decades!

That is to say, there is no yardstick to measure how the U.S. (and its allies) would perform against commensurate adversaries in modern day, computer-driven combat. The hubris you display is predicated upon WWII era suppositions and systematic indoctrination of military culture veneration; not assayable facts.

This is all to say nothing of the red herring known aas EMP (Electro-Magnetic Pulse) warfare and how that could render any possible technological advantage the U.S. may still have, null. This is no fanciful elephant in the room, either, as the U.S. congress have conducted a commission into the U.S. mainland's vulnerability to such an attack...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
yup. better infrastructure, more military machines, greater energy production, greater purchasing power....the only thing China supplants us in is infantry.

Have you hacked a Chinese military database cache in recent days? If not -- what kind of ayahuasca are using and how much bath salts do you garnish it with as a proportion of total intake...?

(NB: The West 'thought' the Chinese possessed 3~400 nuclear weapons, as distinct from the "200" they claimed... until a Georgia university exposed the truth of the probable ~2,000 (possibly 3,000) warheads the nation in fact has and rotates somewhere under its Great Wall.)

edit on 26-8-2015 by PresidentHeston because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
Right because I fully believe the US real toys are the ones we all know about.

Yes -- the 'Mission Impossible' mindset is well ingrained in most patriotic U.S. citizens. This is done in order to avert civil unrest through fear; as the nation is fear mongered to on an hourly basis. That is, if the fretful, sugar addled, trigger-happy pleb masses were to lose faith in the only true 'asset' the U.S. has as a nation - its perceived armipotence - there would be revolution; not unlike there would be in China were its economy seen to be failing.

The reality, however, is that life is not a Hollyschlock film and real nations have real world weapons; not The Alan Parsons Project "Lazerrrrrs". And the Korean / Vietnam / Iraq / Afghanistan / Ukraine / Syria / ISIS proof is in the curdled pudding's tasting.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FelisOrion
Thanks a lot Donald Trump. All that damaging rhetoric is really helping us.

Potentially another volatile ingredient in an already simmering geopolitical, ideological cocktail.
edit on 26-8-2015 by PresidentHeston because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
The Chinese have been going nearly 4000 years I don't think they would start any war...what would be the point?

Nationalism used as a diversion from economic malaise and societal inequity would be the point; as with all communist dictatorships. (...and, too, in capitalistic societies; under the guise of "patriotism" and "freedom").

'It's easy to get people to do what you want. You simply tell them they're under attack and being denounced, and they'll do whatever you tell them to.'
(Hermann Göring)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join