It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"74 per cent of Chinese think they would win in a war with the US military [NOW]"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If we had to compare the cost, how much does China save on average on conventional vehicles/weapons? I assume they pay much less for even the most trained engineers nor to mention materials, and probably the number of available people to involve in such projects might be bigger. And what kind of foreign military electronic tech does China use currently?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I FULLY ENDORSE AND SUPPORT THE U.S. WAR OF TERROR!!

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Russia, some homemade items that were stolen / reverse engineered from stolen US/EU/RU technology. As for what China spends that question is difficult to answer considering China does not release detailed defense department breakdowns.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: PresidentHeston

As my nic suggests I am a Disabled American Veteran and I can tell with first hand knowledge if push comes to shove, right now we would lose to China ...

Defeat has a name and that name is Military Sequestration

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Mastronaut

Russia, some homemade items that were stolen / reverse engineered from stolen US/EU/RU technology. As for what China spends that question is difficult to answer considering China does not release detailed defense department breakdowns.

Ty for the info, but apart Russian's tech they don't use anything "officially" (for lack of a better therm) from foreign tech companies right?

For the second part, ye I guessed so, in fact it's what concerns me about their military capabilities. They have surely a faster replacement program given the probable lower cost, the surely less advanced technology and the sheer number of people that can be put at work.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
China's has three big problem with its armed forces.

One, technically all Chinese are available for the draft and 2 years of conscription. The reality is that the richer better educated city folk bribe their way out of service and so the poor uneducated village and farm folk make up almost 70% of the Chinese military. That has caused problems for training in technical areas making majority of the military with the only basics of training.

Second, corruption plays a big role in the Chinese military. While nowhere near as bad as in places like Russia, the PLA does have some real problems. They stem from when the PLA also used to be responsible also for running business that the PLA uses. Farms, arms providers, lodging ect. The officers running those began to care more about profits than anything because they were getting rich off of it. So China cracked down and said the PLA would no longer run companies. So the PLA officers not wanting to give up a chance to make money sold the companies to retired PLA officers, and continued to do business with them giving them good deal, over paying for lower quality stuff to the companies make a good profit. So when those officers retire the take over the companies and so it goes. China has tried to crack down on this but, it is so wide spread the entire military would have to be taken apart to end it.

Third, the party runs the military. The party decides what the military does and how it trains. And the party likes two things loyalty to the party and photo ops that show how well the party runs the military. So large parts of training is wasted on party indoctrination. While other training is more geared towards parades, photo ops and videos instead of real training. So you have people training to gun tricks, jumping through fire hoops, choreographed martial arts and marines landing on beautiful white sand beaches instead of rugged terrain the would really encounter. The military has been pushing for more realistic training but, the party refuses to give up that power.

The Chinese military has many contradictions. They have a lethal missile and rocket arm, of the enemy gets in range while at the same time still has horse mounted Calvary units because it does not have enough helicopters for its units. It is in many way a odd hybrid of forces most of which are poorly armed and trained and at the technology level they were in WW2, then you have its Navy and Air Force which are mostly cold war relics and then ad in a modern missile and rocket force.

It is not likely China's forces outside of its missile and rocket forces would stand up well against Western trained forces. And unless the Western forces have absolute faith in their missile defenses they likely would simply stay out of range until the launch sites were degraded by their own air and missile forces.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I think that, if the US was to truly go all out, while avoiding nukes, that most of the general populace would be surprised to see how superior our real tech is. I also think most of the other countries leaders, like China, are fully aware the U.S is hiding it's really good stuff.

All this does is demonstrate how well our black budget program's intelligence is doing at keeping things hidden, by showing how ignorant the general populace is of the US hidden programs.

That opposite can happen because US lack soldiers and rely on puppet countries to help them. Maybe high tech through million dollars bombs. But, Americans Soldiers would be surprised that at the end they would have no where to run just like Vietnam. Outnumbered and out manned. It wouldn't be a conventional war if nukes or giant bombs are going to have to be used. High tech doesn't always mean good soldiers.

edit on 29-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DavDave
a reply to: PresidentHeston

As my nic suggests I am a Disabled American Veteran and I can tell with first hand knowledge if push comes to shove, right now we would lose to China ...

Defeat has a name and that name is Military Sequestration

Look i repect your service but that does a dis service to currently serving members of the military stating they coudnt beat china. You do know that We wouldnt have to march into china right? Blockading china would work very well due to their limited projection and ability to co ordinate such a large military force.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

I think that, if the US was to truly go all out, while avoiding nukes, that most of the general populace would be surprised to see how superior our real tech is. I also think most of the other countries leaders, like China, are fully aware the U.S is hiding it's really good stuff.

All this does is demonstrate how well our black budget program's intelligence is doing at keeping things hidden, by showing how ignorant the general populace is of the US hidden programs.

That opposite can happen because US lack soldiers and rely on puppet countries to help them. Maybe high tech through million dollars bombs. But, Americans Soldiers would be surprised that at the end they would have no where to run just like Vietnam. Outnumbered and out manned. It wouldn't be a conventional war if nukes or giant bombs are going to have to be used. High tech doesn't always mean good soldiers.

Actually the US wuthdrew from Vietnam due to political pressure alone. And the Genocide after was the result. MOre people died in the cleansing after the US left than in the war itself. SO was it worth it? thousands died after we left. Thank you Hippies. you condemned thousands to death.
ANd according to sources in the Vietnamese government if the U S would had stayed and flatenned Hanoi that would had been it.
Also you do know Numbers alone dont win wars all th etime. Look at what happenned to the Persians(no not 300) the actual historic battle. They were sent home crying for mommy. And Its still conventional war if Non nuclear weapons are used.Thats a fact.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: makemap

Actually the US wuthdrew from Vietnam due to political pressure alone. And the Genocide after was the result. MOre people died in the cleansing after the US left than in the war itself. SO was it worth it? thousands died after we left. Thank you Hippies. you condemned thousands to death.
ANd according to sources in the Vietnamese government if the U S would had stayed and flatenned Hanoi that would had been it.
Also you do know Numbers alone dont win wars all th etime. Look at what happenned to the Persians(no not 300) the actual historic battle. They were sent home crying for mommy. And Its still conventional war if Non nuclear weapons are used.Thats a fact.

Americans shouldn't have been involved first place. It all started with the French. Its just Americans stayed for no reason. Americans should've left South Korea/South Vietnam.

en.wikipedia.org...

Quote: "On 27 April 1954, the Geneva Conference produced the Geneva Agreements between North Vietnam and France. Provisions included supporting the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Indochina, granting it independence from France, declaring the cessation of hostilities and foreign involvement in internal Indochina affairs, delineating northern and southern zones into which opposing troops were to withdraw, they mandated unification on the basis of internationally supervised free elections to be held in July 1956.[2]

It was at this conference that France relinquished any claim to territory in the Indochinese peninsula. The United States and South Vietnam rejected the Geneva Accords and never signed. South Vietnamese leader Diem rejected the idea of nationwide election as proposed in the agreement, saying that a free election was impossible in the communist North and that his government was not bound by the Geneva Accords. France did withdraw, turning the north over to the Communists while the Bảo Đại regime, with American support, kept control of the South.

The events of 1954 marked the beginnings of serious United States involvement in Vietnam and the ensuing Vietnam War. Laos and Cambodia also became independent in 1954, but were both drawn into the Vietnam War."

Look at Vietnam now, it is doing much better without foreign forces. Kim Jong il would probably have been kicked from his throne if North Korea had actually won.
edit on 31-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
China wont win a war with the USA.....but the USA wont win a war with china either.

Both countrys would get bogged down in a bloody messegd up war until either they just give up or both collapse until political pressure.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
China wont win a war with the USA.....but the USA wont win a war with china either.

Both countrys would get bogged down in a bloody messegd up war until either they just give up or both collapse until political pressure.

Basically a draw leaving IRAN as th eworlds super power!!! what a plot twist!!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep It's not really a secret about China building underground base by port the ocean, they are prepared for war. I think they would be out doing us in air and water at the least. After what went down with a drone and one of our spy planes getting captured, the LT Colonel got pissed wanting their plane back, but no go in 2001. President had to make an apology for hostages was a complete embarrassment.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The world war has been going on for a long time with thousands no billions of lives destroyed, its call a law that dictates quality of life and in so doing a rebound effect happens in trying to dictate anothers live to them. Sadly it happens everywhere around the world because people especially today in America have given into Marshall laws and stripping away democracy by taking away due process.a reply to: PresidentHeston Sadly my connection is hijacked and my ability to talk with the public taken over by terrorist and a picture or a video becomes more a threat to people from me than any ww3

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The main advantage I can think of is we could kill more of them at once being that we targeted civilians instead of their military. "An eye for an eye doesn't leave the whole world blind, it leaves one man, with one eye". lol reply to: Wookiep

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
A racial vectorted virus would do that.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think a bio attack by a major adversary would quickly summon the SLBMs to tamp down any chance of it happening again.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
A racial vectorted virus would do that.

Last time that happened everyone got infected. Chinese are as human as White and Black will be. Viruses will evolve and kill everyone on the planet. SARS... Ehmm. Bio weapon is anti-life and what the mad would like to do. This is why Nazi Germany had to fall. So you would rather give mad scientists an opportunity to takeover the world rather than countries?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

The world doesn't ask me things I only KNOW how the bad guys act and what they can do.
MY choice would be VERY different and I personally DON'T LIKE killing ,it's rude.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Check out the Chinese military for yourselves... LIVE!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join