It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"74 per cent of Chinese think they would win in a war with the US military [NOW]"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Honestly, I'm surprised the purported number is so low. They have every strategic advantage, both traditional and non-traditional.

They could weaken us in a week by just turning all their ships carrying the goods we have become so dependent on around. Or not turn them around and sneak troops, equipment, disease, and the like in. Or detonate all our electronics at once via satellite at the push of a button.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I think that, if the US was to truly go all out, while avoiding nukes, that most of the general populace would be surprised to see how superior our real tech is. I also think most of the other countries leaders, like China, are fully aware the U.S is hiding it's really good stuff.

All this does is demonstrate how well our black budget program's intelligence is doing at keeping things hidden, by showing how ignorant the general populace is of the US hidden programs.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

You bring up a very important aspect, just in terms of money, the US must have a lot of hidden technology.

I don't care how much spying China does, the US spends more on defense in one year than they do in a decade.

The gap must be much larger in reality than in appearance

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Everyone seems to be of the opinion all that spending the us Military has done on research has gone to peanuts. I don't get it, it flies in the face of logic, reasoning and what I would think is common sense.

I think most of the stuff the spies get, are purposely leaked BS. I don't think the real stuff can be found by hacking for example cause it's not connected to the web, why would it be? Nor do I think we use chinese tech for our really hidden stuff, that whole fiasco was an obvious ruse.

It's how counter spying works. You give false leads and leaks.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You guys need to get it out of your heads. Traditional warfare among 1st world powers is over. Wars between 1st world powers are economic and cyber in nature now. Why conquer and blow up a land when you can just buy it out from underneath them?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

The thing is though, money is relative. The Chinese will always work for less CNY than the US will for USD and they're pretty big on people power. As an aside, does anyone, apart from the Chinese authorities, know exactly what tech they do have?

I still say any confrontation between superpowers such as these wold result in global meltdown on many levels - I, for one, pray this never happens.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

You bring up a very important aspect, just in terms of money, the US must have a lot of hidden technology.

I don't care how much spying China does, the US spends more on defense in one year than they do in a decade.

The gap must be much larger in reality than in appearance

Here's the thing that many people ignore when they bring up this statistic. Yes, the US government outspends the whole world in military defense, but then the US turns around and gives all its surplus equipment to its allies who in turn don't have to spend as much on tech development because the Americans just gave them close to the latest gear.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Still doesn't come close to accounting for it all. Or are you telling me you honestly believe what we see is what we get? When in the history of the U.S has that EVER been the case?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

the US must have a lot of hidden technology.

Or maybe they haven't. Just a case of playing " Mind Games".

Let the other side think you have superior weapons technology. Stops them from making the first move in any future conflict.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The last time there was a direct fight between China and the U.S. was in the Korean War.

The Chinese suffered around 1,000,000 casualties. That, I'm sure, is not forgotten. Both nations are basically safe from traditional invasion. China through sheer numbers, the U.S. with healthy numbers of their own and the sheer number of weapons.

Nukes are a non-starter, one would think, as is chemical and biologicals as that draws a nuclear response as well.

That leaves skirmishes in the international arena via naval and air units. Not a big deal, more saber rattling than anything.
Both nations are very susceptible to infrastructure damage. China's if far more exposed due to food and oil issues.

Basically a slow news day, methinks....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PresidentHeston

just because China has stolen blueprints for advanced US tech doesn't mean they have the ability to manufacture it. Secondly it doesn't mean they have the right material to manufacture it.

The blueprints for a 5th generation US fighter are worthless if you cant manufacture the correct parts with the correct material.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

just because China has stolen blueprints for advanced US tech doesn't mean they have the ability to manufacture it. Secondly it doesn't mean they have the right material to manufacture it.

The blueprints for a 5th generation US fighter are worthless if you cant manufacture the correct parts with the correct material.

Exactly. The Chinese have tried to manufacture certain Russian jet engines (not sure if they stole the blueprints or bought them under licence) but it was recently reported they still haven't got the engineering skills to do the job. They were forced back into buying dirtect from Moscow's own facilities. Chinese are still way behind USA and Russia in high tech engine manufacturing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Sociologically/anthropologically/biologically
the Chinese need to go to war

There is a deep societal/biological subconscious need
to to war. I'm really surprised they haven't done it earlier.

Why do I say this?

The absolutely appalling gender imbalance in China.

I have said for the past 20 years that the one child policy,
which has led to massive gendercide would lead China
into war. Historically when any society has more males
than females they go to war. A subconscious way of
restoring the balance.

This biological/anthropological
need is reaching critical mass.

The Chinese can not fight this primal need forever.

They must on a primal instinctual level pick a fight
and go to war, it doesn't matter who with, but the battles
will on an unconscious anthropological primal level
lead to massive casualties.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
The last time there was a direct fight between China and the U.S. was in the Korean War.

The Chinese suffered around 1,000,000 casualties. That, I'm sure, is not forgotten. Both nations are basically safe from traditional invasion. China through sheer numbers, the U.S. with healthy numbers of their own and the sheer number of weapons.

Are you sure about this figure. I cannot seem to corroborate it, not even close.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
One thing that's always confused me... why China's numbers are significant without the technology to back it in modern warfare. As just soldiers it's really only the difference between whether one missile kills 100 or 1000 people.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
China won't attack the U.S. because even if it wins, any retaliation from the States would hurt it enough for Russia to push through and take the top dog spot once and for all. They'd be fools not to. But, like was previously said, we got them Oceans they have to get across, and I'll add, plenty of guns to face if they make it this far, and we can EMP them as much as they can us.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Nope. Just a couple of well deployed EPURBS.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Look at Vietnam. The coalition we were part of had tech advantge BUT...the OPPOSITION had unexpexted tactical warfare strategy.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I already explained Vietnam.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I think this is just another subliminal messaging with program seeding for the minds of the people. I am willing to bet the farm, that if you ask the average Chinese person about their desire to go to war with America, or with any other country, their answer will sound a lot like the answer you would get from the average American. My daddy can beat your daddy, playground bravado, is not going to work this time. We all as Earthlings realize intellectually, that there are no winners in war, except to those that invest in war for power and wealth. They have nothing to lose when they spill our blood and body parts all over the lands that they wish to conquer. The survivors of their war games always lose everything and are left with nothing but the gruelling heart wrenching tasks of cleaning up the aftermath and rebuilding the temple and estates of their masters.

Wars are not fought for the common folk. They are fought for the benefit and the gain of the controllers. I hope that any power play or manipulations to force a move towards invasion or combat with China, or any other country, will be the wake up call, the blast of the final trumpet, that should make it crystal clear, the war we should be fighting is with our own governments. If you are going to lose life, limb, and property, then it should be at least for your benefit, not for the benefit of the elite.

How is destroying the life and lands of hundreds to thousands of people that you don't know, who have done nothing to you, and who are worse off than you are, going to make your life better? What will you gain that will justify the death of the young and the innocent?

If it is our freedoms that we value so much, and we are willing to kill and die for, maybe we should start with the true enemy of our freedoms that is sitting on our doorstep.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join