It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of North Korea’s Submarines have Left their Bases, Can’t be Located

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

Look at the wording - they received 10 subs and spent 20 years getting "the sub" working - ie singular.......

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

The first link is exactly what I said earlier. They're building a new sub based on technology from the Golf class among others. The second, and the report about them having Golf-IIs goes back to Yonhap, which has reported things about North Korea that were false before.

So yes. There isn't a credible source that doesn't go back to Yonhap that says they have them.

Read this part again from the Yonhap story.

An unidentified submarine was spotted by a US intelligence satellite. The vessel is moored at North Korea’s Sinpo South Shipyard.

The new submarine is 67 meters long with a beam of 6.6 meters, and has a dive displacement in the 3,000-tonne range,” Yonhap’s source in Seoul said.

That isn't even close to a Golf or Golf-II length. It's over 30 meters shorter. Other reports give a 1500 ton displacement. The Golf and Golf-II were in the 2500 ton range, so again it doesn't match up.

edit on 8/23/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
Kim knows he can not just go ahead and attack South Korea without the United States sending North Korea back to the stone age,

They might as well be in the stone age... A war with NK would be short and final. China would say F that and stay out of it, and I think we would see a lot of dereliction of duty and desertion on the NK side very early. Kim Jon might even die in the first few days by his own people. This is something that most likely needs to happen to finally end that whole mess once and for all.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I found 3 . 2 floating in my bathtub and 1 in my sink. Should I call them and let them know ? Or just toss em ?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

North Korean media have reported that more than 1 million young people have volunteered to join or rejoin the military to defend their country should a conflict break out with the rival South Korea and its U.S. ally.

The state-run Korean Central News Agency reports that "young people across the Democratic People's Republic of Korea are turning out in the sacred war for defending the country with their faith and will to annihilate the enemies."

Despite such highly charged rhetoric in the media, which is itself not particularly unusual, activity in the capital remains normal and calm Sunday.

People in Pyongyang are going about their daily routines as usual.

Truckloads of soldiers singing martial songs can occasionally be seen driving around the city, and a single minivan with camouflage netting was parked near the main train station for a time as the talks with South Korea began Saturday and are set to resume later Sunday.

- Eric Talmadge, Pyongyang

Link

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Maybe they did join the military excercise planned by China and Russia in the sea of Japan? The exercise should last until aug 28.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RobinB022

North Korea is not a voluntary Army.

And you are reading me propaganda from the other side.

originally posted by: Mastronaut
Maybe they did join the military excercise planned by China and Russia in the sea of Japan? The exercise should last until aug 28.

You may be right.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
Could China be allowing this to devert attention from its economy troubles?

China wants nothing to do with NK right now. Their policy is supporting reunification with the south in charge. In fact if military action would need to be taken, China would likely insist on doing it themselves, and the US not moving north of the DMZ.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Well-I'm sorry, I like to read views from all sides. Incidentally I starred like.. every comment you posted in this thread (I think) except this one..

You don't think US puts out propaganda too? [rhetorical question]

hehe

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I can say that after North Korea (NK) decalred themselves in a state of war and almost obviously attack the United States military facility (Sagimihara, Kanagwa, Japan), released there submarines... I fear for the United States...they're in a state of war, with who not confirmed...but I do believe it is ua all.
edit on 23-8-2015 by IKnowMoreIKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

um I suppose you have not studied your history...

Check out the Korean, war.. Winter is also coming, and North Koreans have something in their make up we do not in the west...

Fanatics....

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Most of these subs are probably so ancient that a high school kid with a waterproof microphone in San Francisco bay could hear them leaving their bases in North Korea.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Reverbs
I'm sure you must know that if they really decided to they would destroy the north of south korea in a day.

That would only be possible if both the US and SK did absolutely nothing about it while shells rained from the sky.
Of course, that's laughable.

The reality is that the moment NK fires anything at them the US and SK will pound every NK position capable of hitting any SK target.

NK might have plenty aimed at SK, but most of that would miss, and most of those positions would be destroyed within minutes of firing anything.

no actually the plan is even better than that. the moment intel detects the unavoidable signatures produced as the north mobilizes for an actual war the Allies will initiate offensive operations
Remember "shock and awe" in Iraq? Now imagine that x10 all dropped on NK positions within an hour.

Kim would be signing his own death warrant by launching anything right now, the question is whether he knows it, or whether he even has a choice.

no.
actually the plan is even better than that. the moment intel detects the unavoidable and unhideable signatures produced as the north mobilizes for an actual war the Allies will initiate offensive operations: the new plan for the 2 ID and 8th army and ROKA forces is to be on the Chinese border within 72 hours of LD; not wait for the north to overrun Seoul and force the allies back down to Pusan and the beach.

As someone whose former mission was to DIP (die in place) near the DMZ fighting a delaying action to allow retreat for the eighth Army; i much prefer the new plan.
edit on 23-8-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pebujesa
a reply to: yulka

How would this be a new Hitler?

He may be referring to Hitler's U-Boats.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Most of these subs are probably so ancient that a high school kid with a waterproof microphone in San Francisco bay could hear them leaving their bases in North Korea.

Nope - most of them are relatively modern (having come into service in 1991) and very small.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IKnowMoreIKnow
I can say that after North Korea (NK) decalred themselves in a state of war and almost obviously attack the United States military facility (Sagimihara, Kanagwa, Japan), released there submarines... I fear for the United States...they're in a state of war, with who not confirmed...but I do believe it is ua all.

These guys are better then Ninjas with going through the heavily watched DMZ to plant mines
and cross over into Japan , on to a US base and blow up munitions...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
never mind
edit on R2015b34 by robwerden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: Xtrozero

um I suppose you have not studied your history...

Check out the Korean, war.. Winter is also coming, and North Koreans have something in their make up we do not in the west...

Fanatics....

The great generation was different too than we are today. In NK I see people not well fed and have very little, that long to reconnect with their brothers and sisters of the south. When that happens I would bet they would rather live like the south than as they are in the north.

edit on 23-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Reverbs
I'm sure you must know that if they really decided to they would destroy the north of south korea in a day.

That would only be possible if both the US and SK did absolutely nothing about it while shells rained from the sky.
Of course, that's laughable.

The reality is that the moment NK fires anything at them the US and SK will pound every NK position capable of hitting any SK target.

NK might have plenty aimed at SK, but most of that would miss, and most of those positions would be destroyed within minutes of firing anything.

Remember "shock and awe" in Iraq? Now imagine that x10 all dropped on NK positions within an hour.

Kim would be signing his own death warrant by launching anything right now, the question is whether he knows it, or whether he even has a choice.

As an artillery man myself, I am an expert on the subject.

Right now there are "counter batteries " on both sides with hot tubes just waiting.

As soon as a round clears the tree line, it will be picked up by radar, it's exact firing position sent to an FDC( fire direction control) center, in less than 30 seconds from the time FDC gets the grid, it will be plotted on the computer, checked against the chart board operators numbers, safety checked by the FDO( fire direction officer) and the crew chief against a safety fan, sent to the gun line and rounds will be in the air.

Depending on the range and angle of the rounds flight path, they very well might pass eachother in flight.

As son as the counter batteries fire, the other sides counter batteries will have the exact position locked in and fire.

Boils down to numbers and training.

The US artillery is # hot. High speed low drag.

So are all of our western allies and isreal.

I never trained with Aussie's or south Korean's, can't speak for them myselve from personal experience.
But I assume they are equally well trained.

But our cousins to the north were pretty damned good, not as good as the US, but those canucks were good! I would trust my life in a danger close fire mission with them at the lanyard.

UK.... These guys were right there with us, we were busting our butts trying to be better and faster than them, and they were doing the same trying to beat us at home. In the end... We were just both # hot accurate and fast, it was a draw.

I assume because of our military training relationship, south Korea is also # hot.

And if they are like our US artillery men....the Norths best bet is to not start something they don't want to lose at.

One time on the range, my unit literally landed a 155mm 100 lbs bullet in a 5 gallon bucket from 5 miles out.

Yes not combat conditions, we used a "plugger" on the bucket, and had a 10 digit grid on it, and for an FDC guy that means " I got your ass".

That is down to the square inch, because military GPS uses the entire GPS sat grid.

Civies only get a 3 sat return, several meters give or take.

We had "steel on steel" which means, we got the Holy grail of artillery.

Out of 6 tubes, 2 fired so exact and were placed so precisely, that their rounds hit eachother over the target.

Ideally, in a perfect world, all 6 would hit over the target, but this is not a perfect world, and this happening is like hitting the lotto.

Usually in any volley it is more like popcorn, pop pop pop.

Lol, Sry went off on a tangent.

I can't talk about the artillery and not get excited, I miss those damned guns.

It is in my blood now, like racing gets in your blood, it will never leave you.

Just the sound, and the smell......

It is more like the feeling than the sound, you feel it in your chest more so than hear it.

And time of flight later, around 40 seconds on a charge 3 green bag for a 19er8 on a medium elevation, not flat, not high angle, call it 40 degree Angle....
Just wump wump wump wump.

It can't be described, it must be experienced.
edit on 23-8-2015 by johnwick because: I have been drinking and can't type

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: bkfd54

U.S. Pacific Fleet, you can be rest assured, is well in control of this situation...

We know where they are...it's the NK government that doesn't know.

They probably got hungry and defected to Japan em mass for a McDonald's hamburger. One of the cheaper ones, of course.

Seriously, with a idiot at the helm, it isn't a laughing matter when indications are that something is going on. North Korea literally has Soul in its heavy artillery gunsights and could do a lot of death and destruction quickly.

It is one thing for a couple of Chinese factories to explode, but quite another for an American installation, an ammo dump, in Japan to go up the same way. Something is going on.

This right here guys^^^ΔΔΔΔΔ^^^!!!!!

WTF is really going on?

Something is going on here behind the scenes, I want to know what the play is.
edit on 23-8-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join