It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of North Korea’s Submarines have Left their Bases, Can’t be Located

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pebujesa

They joke now but I wonder if they will still be joking if war was to break out and people started to die.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I was being sarcastic.

That's the point, they can't get rid of him so why not go to war. If they loose no more Kim!

And I have serious doubts anyone is going to let him win.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
a reply to: Pebujesa

They joke now but I wonder if they will still be joking if war was to break out and people started to die.

Of course, for some people nothing deserves to be taken seriously, not even death.
Of course people have thier opinions, doesnt mean everyone else will agree with them.
Also when you really think about it some people arent joking they are serious and really believe what they are saying.

edit on 23-8-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

And the other 30% are planted firmly up their idiot leaders butt!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
So like 3 of the 4 subs they have are not at home... WWIII I say!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
I'm sure you must know that if they really decided to they would destroy the north of south korea in a day.

That would only be possible if both the US and SK did absolutely nothing about it while shells rained from the sky.
Of course, that's laughable.

The reality is that the moment NK fires anything at them the US and SK will pound every NK position capable of hitting any SK target.

NK might have plenty aimed at SK, but most of that would miss, and most of those positions would be destroyed within minutes of firing anything.

Remember "shock and awe" in Iraq? Now imagine that x10 all dropped on NK positions within an hour.

Kim would be signing his own death warrant by launching anything right now, the question is whether he knows it, or whether he even has a choice.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So you're claiming this is ww3 when no one has even been killed yet?
I know some people here are eager, but come on! At least wait until someone has fired on someone else before you claim we're in a state of global war! lol

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have no idea how accurate this picture is but I thought I would share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So you're claiming this is ww3 when no one has even been killed yet?
I know some people here are eager, but come on! At least wait until someone has fired on someone else before you claim we're in a state of global war! lol

My post was sarcastic in saying they have 4 subs or WWIII....The truth is their sea power is pitiful so who cares...is that better?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The Romeo class is reportedly being scrapped, and the Yugo has reportedly been sold to other nations.

The Whiskey has also been scrapped according to reports, but one was seen exercising in 2013.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Been seeing mention of locals in Seoul talking on social media about US military on the move around the capital city, choppers overhead.

Other reports suggest NK has moved artillery into the DMZ, in direct breach of agreements.

Additional reports of large military movement in China toward the NK border, potentially to bolster security there in case of war - suggesting China takes this seriously. Question being are they just being cautious, or do they know something from North Korea, or something from South Korea/US allies?

Reports on talks between the two sides suggest they are focused more on family reunions and the joint industrial complex - both pointless issues to discuss unless the main issue can be resolved, these things are likely to be nothing more than stalling for dramatic effect/time.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The issue is not so much about how many subs they have (~70) and what capabilities are available on them, but what their mission (if they have one) might be.

That they're out to sea is a provocation all by itself.

Either that, or they're protecting them in case a shooting war begins. Nothing like catching a submarine fleet in their pens.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
figured it would be nk that would start ww3

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is no big surprise to me anymore...

It is just a matter of time until the North and south continue their war....

It will destabilize this delicate world peace we have and can be or will be a catalyst for ww3..

Or perhaps it is a guise for a full scale attack... Or perhaps it is the start..

Shortly after North and south Korea goes to war, the middle east will be a free for all..

It will go down something like that...

Then I will assure at the end of the conventional war you will have to fear the use of tactical nukes..

So um yea let's hope nothing happens yet..

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: bkfd54

U.S. Pacific Fleet, you can be rest assured, is well in control of this situation...

We know where they are...it's the NK government that doesn't know.

They probably got hungry and defected to Japan em mass for a McDonald's hamburger. One of the cheaper ones, of course.

Seriously, with a idiot at the helm, it isn't a laughing matter when indications are that something is going on. North Korea literally has Soul in its heavy artillery gunsights and could do a lot of death and destruction quickly.

It is one thing for a couple of Chinese factories to explode, but quite another for an American installation, an ammo dump, in Japan to go up the same way. Something is going on.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So how do you tell the difference between a North Korean submarine and a Chinese one?

If China is helping them militarily then could it extend to the navy as well? How do we know who is who?

Also what does anyone plan on doing about them sailing in international waters? I am guessing nothing at all. . . . I could be wrong but I dont think anyone wants to start a war over sinking a submarine or two.

Why go after the limbs when you can decapitate the head. . . .
Of course those subs could hit us if we were in a war.
Lets hope for the best meaning world peace.

Well if world war 3 does happen I may end up trying to get lottery tickets for a FEMA camp near me lol.
And I thought my bug out bag would help me in a disater situation. . . . NOT

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

The only ones that could get anywhere near us are the Romeo boats, and the odds of them making it all the way are slim. Even if they had the fuel to reach anywhere the snorkeling every few days makes for a lot of noise.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Kim knows he can not just go ahead and attack South Korea without the United States sending North Korea back to the stone age, and North Korea can just about reach the west coast of America with their missiles.

So what if all these years, the threats about owning nukes was true and they have been saving them for one massive attack, send out 50+ submarines to the east and west coast of America each loaded with a nuke to target every major military installation before launching an attack on South Korea.

Just saying, that's what I would do if I was Kim Jong-Un, or maby I have been playing too much Command and Conquer

edit on 23-8-2015 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

They don't have 50 subs that can reach the US. They have 40 Sang-O class, which has a 1500 nm range, 10 Yono class, which can go 550 nm on the surface, and 50 underwater. They had 4 Whiskey class and 22 Romeo class although it's not sure how many are still in service.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

Their longer range missiles are not submarine capable.
That's not to say they couldn't hit the us.

Don't forget their satellite they sent over the continental US.

And they are not rumored to have nukes, they do have them. Clearly these would not be able to be put onto ballistic missiles without a lot of help from Russia/China, but who knows at this point? They claimed one of their nuclear tests was a miniaturized version. They have the materials..

@Zaphod:

That's where I am getting my 75 number.. I'm not sure anyone actually knows.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join