It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of North Korea’s Submarines have Left their Bases, Can’t be Located

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
All of NK Subs are parked in a shipping yard in China, So when the SHHITT hits the fan, they wont lose their Subs, Like Sadam lost his planes...Lol

edit on 23-8-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Billy

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I honestly didn't know that North Korea had submarines! Wow! I thought they just had some infantry, a few jeeps and a single nuke.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

The only ones that could get anywhere near us are the Romeo boats, and the odds of them making it all the way are slim. Even if they had the fuel to reach anywhere the snorkeling every few days makes for a lot of noise.

Hint " prarrie masker" it makes the snorkel sound like rain on the water.

Did I spell that right?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
Kim knows he can not just go ahead and attack South Korea without the United States sending North Korea back to the stone age, and North Korea can just about reach the west coast of America with their missiles.

So what if all these years, the threats about owning nukes was true and they have been saving them for one massive attack, send out 50+ submarines to the east and west coast of America each loaded with a nuke to target every major military installation before launching an attack on South Korea.

Just saying, that's what I would do if I was Kim Jong-Un, or maby I have been playing too much Command and Conquer

No, it is a sound strategy, but would you really risk it in real life like in command and conquer?

I mean we are talking " Ender's gamr" all or nothing here.

If he fails it is over, what is it, 8 minute time of flight from the pacific for a Triton?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701
Epic.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

That would only be possible if both the US and SK did absolutely nothing about it while shells rained from the sky.
Of course, that's laughable.

The reality is that the moment NK fires anything at them the US and SK will pound every NK position capable of hitting any SK target.

NK might have plenty aimed at SK, but most of that would miss, and most of those positions would be destroyed within minutes of firing anything.

My peacetime mission was to locate all hardened NK firing positions well enough to lob a copperhead down the front while the blast doors are open when they registered thier guns or practice fired. we know where they live. but since then tech has gotten even better. plus the ROKA has equipment and training parity with the US now. That is a part of the reason the plan changed from task force smith II (retreat and hold a beach head for reinforcements from Hi, japan alaska and the east coast mountain boys) to the 72 hour curb-stomp everything that needs curb-stomping in NK on the way to the northern border.

The ROKA has all of our latest stuff, not just the hand me downs or export versions. They are very tough and extremely disciplined even without it. They are trained to our standards and beyond. Thier readiness is why a lot of the US forces were able to be relocated to southern locations about a decade ago.

As i said there are things the north must do if they really are going to launch a war. things they cannot hide or disguise. these become evident 7 to nine days before the commencement of hostile fire in a full war secenario. i am not talking about a field commander lobbing a few rounds at a guard tower, or commandos planting a mine, axe murdering a detail in the dmz or even a minisub raid on seoul but a full blown KW II. that has an unmistakeable tell. and when we see that tell we are not waiting for them to fire the first round. not any more. within one hour of the decision all units will have full UBL and be in their starting positions. shortly after that the combined forces will roll over the DMZ with no take backs apologies or hand wringing and they will not stop curbstomping that until they are all but mooning the Chinese on the northern border.
edit on 23-8-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick
Amazing

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

They also have an airforce,
granted it's not modern like US or other countries but they do have one

adding another Link
edit on 23-8-2015 by Pebujesa because: adding link

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
furthermore the go decision isn't in american hands anymore. The SK government and ROKA are in charge now. there will be no testicle-less american politician with no skin in the game making the decision. the decision will be made by the very people who would be under the 35K round NK opening barrage, the insane NBC attacks and so forth. I can guarantee you they will not have any second thoughts if they are informed of the signature of that upcoming attack.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   
They might actually be up to something. Sending out their subs to look for our subs because of how quickly U.S. subs could hit everything with a battery of tomahawks. They're going to have their work cut out though, as old diesels only have a fraction of speed, endurance, and range of nuclear subs. Only thing they could have going is getting into position and sitting and waiting quietly. Other than having a submerged picket in-place looking for other subs, South Korean harbors would be the other thing they could really go after. But even then newer sonars and magnetic anomaly detectors should be able to fish them out, time to turn on some of the things anchored to the ocean floor along with the comm cables or get a bit more pro-active with aircraft based detection.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ancient Champion
Could China be allowing this to devert attention from its economy troubles?

That's the very reason why the Kim dynasty is allowed to exist -- anything China can do, NK can do worse.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

That would only be possible if both the US and SK did absolutely nothing about it while shells rained from the sky.

The reality is that the moment NK fires anything at them the US and SK will pound every NK position capable of hitting any SK target.

NK might have plenty aimed at SK, but most of that would miss, and most of those positions would be destroyed within minutes of firing anything.

My peacetime mission was to locate all hardened NK firing positions well enough to lob a copperhead down the front while the blast doors are open when they registered thier guns or practice fired. we know where they live. but since then tech has gotten even better. plus the ROKA has equipment and training parity with the US now. That is a part of the reason the plan changed from task force smith II (retreat and hold a beach head for reinforcements from Hi, japan alaska and the east coast mountain boys) to the 72 hour curb-stomp everything that needs curb-stomping in NK on the way to the northern border.

The ROKA has all of our latest stuff, not just the hand me downs or export versions. They are very tough and extremely disciplined even without it. They are trained to our standards and beyond. Thier readiness is why a lot of the US forces were able to be relocated to southern locations about a decade ago.

As i said there are things the north must do if they really are going to launch a war. things they cannot hide or disguise. these become evident 7 to nine days before the commencement of hostile fire in a full war secenario. i am not talking about a field commander lobbing a few rounds at a guard tower, or commandos planting a mine, axe murdering a detail in the dmz or even a minisub raid on seoul but a full blown KW II. that has an unmistakeable tell. and when we see that tell we are not waiting for them to fire the first round. not any more. within one hour of the decision all units will have full UBL and be in their starting positions. shortly after that the combined forces will roll over the DMZ with no take backs apologies or hand wringing and they will not stop curbstomping that until they are all but mooning the Chinese on the northern border.

Copper head, storm, are you a 13 series?

Bunny or echo/ delta? Or one of those crazy assed foxes?
edit on 24-8-2015 by johnwick because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Best believe that the US knows where most of them are. The key word is "most".
Sure would like to have back all of those closed down ASW bases around the coasts. They were a real deterrent in the cold war because they allowed fairly swift deployment if something got too close.

Once acquired, they usually had no choice but seek the mid ocean depths to get the tail off, and even then, we knew where many of them were anywhere they went. Sure the tech is better today, but still, active tracking is a very important attribute of ASW.
edit on 24-8-2015 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
Amazing

Don't get me started, I will fill up the ATS servers.

I didn't even get into the good stuff yet.... MLRS!!!!

That is the good stuff.

800 pound warhead, outrageous range, satellite GPS guided......
Crowd pleasers!!!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

The US does not have radar capabilities for the entire ocean. They could fire some missiles and still be difficult to impossible to pinpoint.

Also as Zaphod wrote in this threads, diesel/electric subs are difficult to detect even with the US's superior tech. I would like to think MAD(magnetic anomaly detection) can pull this off, but the reality is a decent sub is near impossible to detect and the ocean is incredibly vast. The Chinese subs have spooked the US a few times, pulling stunts like surfacing next to a carrier battle group.

While all the anti NK, pro 'merika! posts are cute, they just tell me most are blindly patriotic. That said, North Korea has a suicide wish if Kim dares to launch at attack on anything US.

edit on 24-8-2015 by jrod because: em

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
And of those 70 ,

how many were handbuilt by the glorious leader
... in his crib

69 ?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Lol... I'm speechless. This is not my fortay but it's awesome to learn about it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

Copper head, storm, are you a 13 series?

Bunny or echo/ delta? Or one of those crazy assed foxes?
13R actually. Counter battery Counter RAM firefinder Radar systems.

I believe that the MOS may have reclassed as deltas or something else now. back then it was romeo.
edit on 24-8-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yes, have no doubt the U.S. Navy knows the position of every ship and submarine that enters the ocean. After all, they have been littering the sea floor with billions of tracking devices for a while now. Not to mention the millions of autonomous drone submarines they set free that are capable of operating indefinitely by floating to the surface when their batteries are low and charging via solar panels, then diving back down and patrolling coordinates.

...but don't pay attention to this post, its all a lie.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobinB022
a reply to: Reverbs

Well-I'm sorry, I like to read views from all sides. Incidentally I starred like.. every comment you posted in this thread (I think) except this one..

You don't think US puts out propaganda too? [rhetorical question]

hehe

Yes to all you said.

I maybe came off wrong with what I said.

edit on 24-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join