It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omsk UFO Report Aug 22

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Who was proclaiming that people can tell a missile launch from a UFO?

Massive ufo Florida
www.youtube.com...

UFO in South Florida
www.youtube.com...

Ufo sighting on florida turnpike longer video 9/2/
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
And here was explained by CBS News.
miami.cbslocal.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: free_spirit

Which means thirdphaseofthemoon knew what it was, but posted it as a "UFO video" anyway. Where is the chorus of outrage?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Scdfa

Actually, it's the exact opposite of that.
Folks who are just beginning to look, are easily fooled by subtle forms of deception. They might actually fall for it, and think that reports of flying saucers, triangles, alien ships and alien contact can in actually be "explained" away by something as mundane as rockets. That is what some folks seem to resent.

In other words, you resent the fact that this thread might help the naive establish an experience base that would make them less prone to misidentify common objects and phenomena as UFOs. The motto here is "deny ignorance," not "preserve ignorance."

You cannot 'misidentify' something as an 'UFO', UFO means 'unidentified flying object'. To some people, the missile launch will be interpreted as an 'UFO' because their lack of knowledge.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

You cannot 'misidentify' something as an 'UFO', UFO means 'unidentified flying object'. To some people, the missile launch will be interpreted as an 'UFO' because their lack of knowledge.

Some people automatically equate unknown aerial objects with extraterrestrial spacecraft. The more things people can identify, the less likely they are to consider something "unknown,"and, therefore, an extraterrestrial spacecraft.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You cannot 'misidentify' something as an 'UFO', UFO means 'unidentified flying object'.

You can't identify a UFO as an alien spaceship since its unidentified.

edit on 2-9-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001 Please explain the countless believers who think that the "Norway Spiral" was a Stargate opening

so, which rocket/missile launch (exactly) was responsible for the 'norway spiral' ?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: DJW001 Please explain the countless believers who think that the "Norway Spiral" was a Stargate opening

so, which rocket/missile launch (exactly) was responsible for the 'norway spiral' ?

The one that Moscow had issued a formal air/sea traffic alert to avoid, a few days before.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

You cannot 'misidentify' something as an 'UFO', UFO means 'unidentified flying object'.

Relative. If I'm witness of an unknown craft, both in design and performance, that descends and non-human entities come down later, it certainly fits in the 'alien' category, by 'alien' meaning 'not part of our civilization'.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill

Relative. If I'm witness of an unknown craft, both in design and performance, that descends and non-human entities come down later, it certainly fits in the 'alien' category, by 'alien' meaning 'not part of our civilization'.

So would you presume that witnesses who made these drawings of what they saw pass over Kiev in 1963 were seeing a 'UFO'?

edit on 2-9-2015 by JimOberg because: insert URL

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Exactly, Jack Hill. Who are they trying to fool with this slippery language, playing games with semantics?

Oh, right, they're trying to fool all of us.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

So would you presume that witnesses who made these drawings of what they saw pass over Kiev in 1963 were seeing a 'UFO'?

If they couldn't identify it, it was a "UFO". You know that, Jim. So why the act?
A "UFO" is an unidentified flying object.
You are a Scholar, right?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Of course you can, if aliens get out.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Who was proclaiming that people can tell a missile launch from a UFO?

Nobody, Jim.
Nobody said that. Please stop acting as if someone did.

Please don't twist my words, sir. Let's keep this an honest conversation.
What I said to you, repeatedly, is this:

No one is mistaking missile launches for aliens, flying saucers, or alien ships of any kind.

And I have asked you seven times now to produce ANY evidence that ANYONE thought that this missile launch was aliens.

Now, not only have you failed to produce any evidence, or even properly address the question, but now you are acting as if I used the catch-all term "UFO", which just means anything a witness can't identify.

The term "UFO" was invented by the Air Force so they could keep the public from talking about metallic, flying, disc-shaped craft, that defy our understanding of propulsion and aeronautics.
It was a smart PR move, using a purposely vague euphemism that lacked any real definition.

That's why I don't use the term, it provides deniers too much wiggle room.

So that's why I didn't say "UFO".
I said aliens. Quite clearly and specifically. Repeatedly.
You keep avoiding that very important distinction. Hmm, I wonder why.

edit on 2-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill

People see things that aren't there sometimes, even "entities". People have been seeing all types of apparitions for as long as there have been people. Nothing new there. But we were talking about Flying Objects that are Unidentified. in which case they can be identified as being a known thing. As far as "entities", I will withhold judgment until I can poke one with a stick.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 09:35 PM
link   

yes but you have unfair advantage because you know of aliens personally while the rest of us have to wait for that knowledge from a verifiable source. So in my world there is only unidentified things and hallucinations of one sort or another. So in my world, Jim Oberg is spot on.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

As far as "entities", I will withhold judgment until I can poke one with a stick.

Zeta my friend, I don't recommend that as the wisest course of action. I'd recommend either standing very still or running in the other direction. Depending on the entity, of course.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

yes but you have unfair advantage because you know of aliens personally while the rest of us have to wait for that knowledge from a verifiable source. So in my world there is only unidentified things and hallucinations of one sort or another. So in my world, Jim Oberg is spot on.

You're right, Zeta. Absolutely. I understand exactly what you're saying and I respect your position.

It's like I'm cheating on a test, really. But you're always free to believe me.
After all, who would you trust more than me to tell you it's true?
The news? The media?

Here is the real deal :

They never will tell you the truth, because the minute they do so, they lose ANY credibility.
Newspapers, News networks, NPR, Time magazine, they can't ever tell you flying saucers are real.

It would be a flat-out admission that they FAILED at their jobs for DECADES.
It would mean they don't know what they're talking about at all, especially on the incredibly important issues.

No, they've gone along with the cover story far too long.
They are stuck with that position, at least until aliens choose to reveal their presence in an incident so public that the media has no choice in the matter. And I wouldn't hold my breath for that either.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Please scroll to the top and tell me what the name of this forum is.

It sure ain't the Rocket Forum.
edit on 3-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   

It sure ain't the Rocket Forum.

It is aliens and UFOs. Jim has posted reports about a UFO. Deal with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join