It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omsk UFO Report Aug 22

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Reports are rolling in about a UFO sighting in Omsk, Russia, about 9:30 PM Saturday evening Aug 22.

Очередной НЛО над Омском
22 августа 2015 — 22:17
www.bk55.ru...

Снова НЛО над Омском: объект пролетел в сторону Казахстана
gorod55.ru...

There's some confusion about whether it's some type of missile or space shot, and some of the photographs posted do resemble the earlier warhead tests into Kazakhstan. Others might just be stock images from earlier articles.

I suppose Scott Waring will get on the case at any moment, but so far it's not all that impressive.

There WAS a missile shot shortly before this, as discussed at 'Space Exploration', so that's the likeliest explanation.
edit on 23-8-2015 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Looks pretty typical.
But, Jim, I think using your previous thread may have been more effective.

I did that once, in a galaxy far, far away.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 8/23/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Looks pretty typical.

But, Jim, I think using your previous thread may have been more effective.

I did that once, in a galaxy far, far away.

I've surveyed the morning news sites in Omsk [gmt + 6] and they're happy with a rocket. I haven't seen any videos posted yet, however.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I checked the rocket launch time -- no, the ISS wasn't in range THIS time like it was in 2013.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

they're happy with a rocket.

it's a gigantic translucent ark-like mother ship. The flood is coming.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
My sources now reveal to me that it's a North Korean nuclear test gone awry. Keep your finger off the trigger guys.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
,lol russian tolpov rocket.......

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

My sources now reveal to me that it's a North Korean nuclear test gone awry.

Over Russia?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Over Russia?

I would assume that he is making fun of Oberg's inserting UFO into the subject line and the thread itself when we all know that his job is to down play and ignore all decent UFO reports and play up those that have a conventional explanation. I would have thought you would have know that tactic of his by now.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Over Russia?

I would assume that he is making fun of Oberg's inserting UFO into the subject line and the thread itself when we all know that his job is to down play and ignore all decent UFO reports and play up those that have a conventional explanation. I would have thought you would have know that tactic of his by now.

My 'job'?

I'd be curious if you could help me correct any factual errors in the case studies I've published on classic canonical UFO tales associated with Russia and spaceflight, thank you in advance.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You said it, aliensun. I certainly can't speak to another poster's motivations, and I'm sure Mr. Oberg is recognized and respected in his specialized field.

I can only examine his postings here. And what I see appears to be a pattern similar to the one you describe: Using the term "UFO" in the title, yet discussing only carefully selected cases that he can attribute to rockets. Erroneously or not.

It does not bear the hallmarks of an impartial attempt to determine the truth behind reports of alien contact.
A more cynical person might see a biased agenda of obfuscation rather than illumination on the issue of whether alien contact is a reality. Similar to the reputation of PSICOP.

But I'm not that cynical, and I'm fairly certain Mr. Oberg will eventually find the time to address more substantial UFO incidents.

edit on 23-8-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So far we are NOT getting a flood of 'UFO videos' as we did with previous sunli plumes of similar test flights. I've searched youtube, rutube, and yandex.ru and there is modest press coverage but the only images are stock photos of Soyuz launches, and several plume shots that look right except they are transposed left-to-right for the viewing geometry from Omsk -- probably also grabbed from some archive or website elsewhere.

The released launch video is clearly AFTER sunset. jusging from dark blue sky, but per heavens-above I calculate it was 45 minutes before sunset at launch time. So that video is stock footage as well, a common practice in the Russian media.

My two personal contacts in Omsk both report cloudy weather there at the time, the "intellicast" weather site lists cloud cover as shifting from 'broken' to 'scattered' as the evening progressed.

Other cities along that longitude to the south, such as Astana, ought to have had good viewing, maybe we need to wait for the rural returns to come in....

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I checked weather for other urban areas that ought to have seen the missile plume -- Astana and Tashkent -- and the skies were clear, the fly-past was an hour after sundown, but so far no reports. Curious.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I checked weather for other urban areas that ought to have seen the missile plume -- Astana and Tashkent -- and the skies were clear, the fly-past was an hour after sundown, but so far no reports. Curious.

I'm not sure I follow. What is curious?
That no one is mistaking a missile launch for a UFO? Why would that be curious?
Most UFO sightings have nothing to do with missiles and rockets. Most people are quite capable of telling the difference.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Here's an item from the TV station 12news in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, with some pretty good photographs of the missile plume. It was seen in Tashkent [as I had predicted] with another report coming from the village of Olmos.

www.12news.uz... %d0%b8%d0%b4%d0%b5%d0%bb%d0%

If that doesn't work, go to the site's front page and just scroll down until you see the photos --
www.12news.uz...
edit on 23-8-2015 by JimOberg because: URL trouble...

edit on 24-8-2015 by JimOberg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Morning papers in Saratov carried the UFO story and a good photograph of the third stage burn:

photo
www.sarinform.ru...

article
www.sarinform.ru...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

From the article:

On August 22 at seven o'clock in the evening, many residents of Saratov and Engels were thrilled by unknown celestial phenomenon: the sky was visible well move bright spot, which leaves a trail in the form of a triangle. Someone took it for a UFO, someone behind the comet.

This is not the first time that the residents of Saratov and Engels witness the launch of ballistic missiles. In Soviet times, when the tests were classified such launches caused fear and panic.

So if I'm reading this correctly, one person in Uzbekistan took a missile launch for a UFO.
And UFO is an acronym for unidentified flying object.
Which this was.
It say right in the article that it was an "unknown celestial phenomenon" to the Uzbek residents who witnessed it, but that they had witnessed ballistic missile launches before. So it was an Unknown Flying Object.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.

No one claimed it was a flying saucer? Or that they witnessed aliens? No claims of abduction? No?
Nope.

Anyone have missing time?
Electronic interference?
Did anyone claim to see the rocket perform any unusual acceleration or deceleration?
Anyone report the object hovering, or making impossible zig-zag changes in course?
Any claims that the object hovered overhead, or that the object had windows?
No?

Then this incident has no bearing of any kind on the very real phenomenon of flying saucers, triangles, alien ships, and alien abductions.

But nonetheless, I thank the OP for keeping us informed about rockets and Uzbeks.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.

Preemptive mocking ?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

I'm not sure I follow. What is curious?
That no one is mistaking a missile launch for a UFO? Why would that be curious?
Most UFO sightings have nothing to do with missiles and rockets. Most people are quite capable of telling the difference.

Considering the commotion the Norway Spiral caused (which was also a rocket) and the commotion other rocket launches similar to this have caused in the past, including threads here on ATS claiming those rockets were UFOs or trans-dimensional portals, I'm thinking Jim's purpose is to pre-empt and educate those people who may see this and start another UFO/trans-dimensional portal blog.

Jim is simply using a title that may more likely be clicked by his intended audience. He may be engaging in a bit of shameless click-baiting, (or, as Gortex called it, "Preemptive Mocking"), but whatever.

Rocket launches that become ATS UFO threads:

YouTube claims of UFOs regarding similar rocket launches:

edit on 8/25/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Don't worry, the Russian blogosphere will soon be filled with accounts of UFOs from Nibiru.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join