It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Omsk UFO Report Aug 22

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Because it's a waste of time for some, especially with a misleading thread title since this all a big learning lesson? Give me a break.

Now I understand: you consider learning to be a waste of time. This is the sort of close minded thinking that has caused ufology to deteriorate to the sorry state it is currently in.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

This is the sort of close minded thinking that has caused ufology to deteriorate to the sorry state it is currently in.

Lack of thinking and willingness to believe are what has caused ufology to deteriorate to the sorry state it is currently in not questioning the content of a thread posted by a debunker , it's obvious to anyone who cares to look that the linked pictures is of a rocket , no investigation needed other than where it was launched from and what it was intended for.

The OP knows it's a rocket so putting it in the UFO forum is a bit suspect .

Post by JimOberg
I suppose Scott Waring will get on the case at any moment, but so far it's not all that impressive.

Ufology is in the state it's in because it is a house built on sand.

edit on 31-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

it's obvious to anyone who cares to look that the linked pictures is of a rocket

No it's not. Please explain the countless believers who think that the "Norway Spiral" was a Stargate opening, or why countless videos like this have been posted to YouTube as "UFOs?"

If someone other than Jim posted the pictures in the OP claiming they were of a "mothership over Russia," the very people objecting to this thread would be rejecting the possibility that this was a rocket launch.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

No it's not. Please explain the countless believers who think that the "Norway Spiral" was a Stargate opening, or why countless videos like this have been posted to YouTube as "UFOs?"

Which is why I said "obvious to anyone who cares to look" , some people believe stuff because they want to believe stuff , no amount of telling them they're wrong will change that.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Which is why I said "obvious to anyone who cares to look" , some people believe stuff because they want to believe stuff , no amount of telling them they're wrong will change that.

But for those who are just beginning to look, threads like this provide an important resource. Jim lured them into learning something, and some folks seem to resent that.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

But for those who are just beginning to look, threads like this provide an important resource. Jim lured them into learning something, and some folks seem to resent that.

Actually, it's the exact opposite of that.
Folks who are just beginning to look, are easily fooled by subtle forms of deception. They might actually fall for it, and think that reports of flying saucers, triangles, alien ships and alien contact can in actually be "explained" away by something as mundane as rockets. That is what some folks seem to resent.

I can only judge Jim Oberg by his writing, and the conclusion I have reached is based on reading a great deal of what he has written. And my opinion, to which I am entitled, is that his writings may indeed be an important resource for people interested in learning about rockets, but are not an important resource for anyone interested in the truth about alien contact. Far from it, he has spent decades pushing a very biased agenda, ignoring the scientific method entirely by cherry-picking incidents that he can spin to his liking, and completely ignoring more substantial incidents that point to alien contact.

And when you press him about witness reports that very clearly and specifically detail alien contact, why then, Jim starts beating the drum that witness are to dumb to know what they see. He'll trot out his bag of anecdotes on witness incompetence, trying to sell the idea that no one is capable of describing anything they witness.
Of course the competence of witnesses that agree with his agenda are never called into question. That's the scientific method at work, right?

His organization CSICOP has run into trouble with the Discovery Channel for rigging tests on a psychic to ensure failure, according to Wikipedia:

In 2004, CSICOP was accused of scientific misconduct over its involvement in the Discovery Channel's test of the "girl with X-ray eyes," Natasha Demkina. In a self-published commentary, Nobel Prize-winning physicist Brian Josephson criticized the test and evaluation methods and argued that the results should have been deemed "inconclusive" rather than judged in the negative. Josephson, the director of the University of Cambridge's Mind–Matter Unification Project, questioned the researchers' motives saying, "On the face of it, it looks as if there was some kind of plot to discredit the teenage claimed psychic by setting up the conditions to make it likely that they could pass her off as a failure."

Even the founding members of CSICOP quit because of their biased agenda:

Marcello Truzzi, one of CSICOP's co-founders, left the organization after only a short time, arguing that many of those involved “tend to block honest inquiry, in my opinion. Most of them are not agnostic toward claims of the paranormal; they are out to knock them. When an experiment of the paranormal meets their requirements, then they move the goal posts.”

Even Carl Sagan said that criticism of CSICOP "is to some degree justified".

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

it's obvious to anyone who cares to look that the linked pictures is of a rocket

If someone other than Jim posted the pictures in the OP claiming they were of a "mothership over Russia," the very people objecting to this thread would be rejecting the possibility that this was a rocket launch.

You couldn't be more wrong.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Bro I already know how to identify hoax videos why do you keep blanketing me in with the likes of amateurs? Yes lured is a good word to describe what he did. Definitely didn't bring anyone here.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

I don't know. Many people on these threads (links below) were rejecting the missile/rocket explanations for similar objects:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are still many people who reject the rocket/missile explanation for the Norway Spiral.

edit on 8/31/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: game over man

I don't know. Many people on these threads (links below) were rejecting the missile/rocket explanations for similar objects:

There are still many people who reject the rocket/missile explanation for the Norway Spiral.

Oh I'm sure there are..all those people strongly believe in ET's visiting our planet.

Why would ET's go anywhere else? There is no life like ours on the other planets in our solar system so if they came to our solar system they would visit us.

If there is no life in the nearest star systems that puts us at a greater likelihood to be visited. Or do you think there is an advanced civilization at every Earth like planet in the Milky Way? Do you think there are non Earth like planets with advanced life? We are talking about possibilities in the millions....

The biggest hint as to why ET's would visit our planet is there's life, so that means the ET's could survive too. Things stay alive on Earth until they reach an age and die. On other planets in our solar system life would perish within moments. Why would any living creature go there.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Bro I already know how to identify hoax videos why do you keep blanketing me in with the likes of amateurs? Yes lured is a good word to describe what he did. Definitely didn't bring anyone here.

But this is not a hoax, it is a real sighting, witnessed by hundreds! By the way, if this thread is useless, why do you keep coming back to whine about it?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Actually, it's the exact opposite of that.
Folks who are just beginning to look, are easily fooled by subtle forms of deception. They might actually fall for it, and think that reports of flying saucers, triangles, alien ships and alien contact can in actually be "explained" away by something as mundane as rockets. That is what some folks seem to resent.

In other words, you resent the fact that this thread might help the naive establish an experience base that would make them less prone to misidentify common objects and phenomena as UFOs. The motto here is "deny ignorance," not "preserve ignorance."

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

That didn't answer my question.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The story has legs in the Russian blogosphere:

www.bk55.ru..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Google search.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

In other words, you resent the fact that this thread might help the naive establish an experience base that would make them less prone to misidentify common objects and phenomena as UFOs. The motto here is "deny ignorance," not "preserve ignorance."

If I wanted to speak in other words, I would have chosen other words.

Your deep concern for the naive is touching, but nobody is out there confusing rockets for flying saucers and aliens. Nobody, and this thread proves that I am correct about that.
Five times I asked Jim Oberg to provide ANY evidence, any witness statements, any interviews with witnesses, ANYONE who thought this missile launch was a flying saucer, or aliens, or an alien ship of any kind.

Jim Oberg has no evidence at all that anyone, anywhere thought this incident was aliens. Not even in Uzbekistan.

So where's the ignorance we are supposed to deny here?
No one thought it was aliens.
The witnesses to this event were largely unaware there would be a missile launch, and reported seeing something that they couldn't identify. Simple as that. That's what a UFO is, of course.

Please provide any evidence that ANYONE thought this event was aliens.
Maybe you can succeed in that where Jim Oberg has failed.

Deny ignorance indeed.

edit on 1-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Please provide any evidence that ANYONE thought this event was aliens.
Maybe you can succeed in that where Jim Oberg has failed.

The problem is tht every search turns up so much garbage that it is impossible to narrow the search down!

www.google.com...=omsk%20uf0%20aliens&es_th=1

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The launch resulted in the Russian media filled with UFO reports, as collaged here. How are these NOT 'UFO reports'?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
The launch resulted in the Russian media filled with UFO reports, as collaged here. How are these NOT 'UFO reports'?

Nice collage. But you know as well as I do that a "UFO" is simply any unidentified flying object.
Which this was, of course, to any witnesses who didn't know about the missile launch at the time.
So what?
The witnesses to this event were largely unaware there would be a missile launch, and reported seeing something that they couldn't identify. Simple as that. That's what a UFO is, of course.

There is no indication that ANY of the witnesses believed this missile was aliens, or an alien ship.
Jim Oberg has no evidence at all that anyone, anywhere thought this incident was aliens. Not even in Uzbekistan.

I will ask again:
Can you provide ANY evidence, any witness statements, any interviews with any witnesses, that show that ANYONE mistook this missile launch for an alien ship? Did ANYONE think it was aliens?

Of course you can't.

But you keep trying to convince the more gullible among us that when people report seeing aliens, flying saucers, and alien ships, they're really seeing rockets and missiles.

Your tactic here is to blur the line, to take reports that clearly describe unconventional, intelligently controlled craft that defy our understanding of propulsion and aeronautics, and lump them in with something as mundane as rocket launches.

You do this by using the intentionally-undefined euphemism "UFO" to suggest they are the same thing.

That's why the Air Force invented the purposely vague term UFO, because they didn't want the public talking about metallic, flying disc-shaped craft with windows and landing gear.

And that tactic has worked pretty well for a long time, but people are getting wise to it. So I'm calling you on it.
So please, show me someone who thought it was aliens, or this thread gets filed under DEBUNK FAIL. UFO means unidentified flying object. Any evidence that ANYONE thought it was an alien ship?

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Bravo Jim !!!!

You have shot down yet another sitting duck.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Can you provide ANY evidence, any witness statements, any interviews with any witnesses, that show that ANYONE mistook this missile launch for an alien ship? Did ANYONE think it was aliens?

Why does he need to? You yourself admit that to the witnesses it was a UFO. Please scroll to the top and tell me what the name of this forum is.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join