It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katherine Albrecht: Windows 10 Is Full Blown Electronic Tyranny

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Ok here's the thing, I use a "free open source" app called Jdownloader. I have heard a few times windows 10 renders this app useless even though it it not pirated or illegal to use.

I can tell you that's not true, as I have JDownloader and Windows 10, and it works as expected, I just downloaded an Ubuntu iso in less than 1.5 minutes.

If you don't believe me just give me a link for something to download so I can make a video showing it working.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Watch Kingsman people.Just like Watchmen, they tell you what they're going to do before they do it, and laugh when people don't realize what's right in their face.

link   
a reply to: Willtell

Isn't every profession based off others people's innorance be it finance, medicine, computers? You know the avetage, hapless , ignorant patient who knows nothing about the human body and doctors know this?

link   
Do not know if i should bother but here goes.

Microsoft, NSA, CIA or whatever alphabet agency you can think of has had the ability to "spy" through Windows for a very long time. Windows 10 is not going to introduce anything that they cannot do with windows XP,7 or 8. You are a fool if you believe otherwise.
Hell, the NSA has the ability to spy through the firmware on hard drives. Add to that the plethora of network/web connected applications, browsers, browser extensions, etc, one should should assume their activates are being monitored by multiple parties at any given time. Much of the monitoring is beyond your control and is done on the router/server level of the internet itself.

As for "giving" Windows 10 away, the market they are upgrading for free for the first year is a minority of their income in the first place. Roughly speaking the consumer/OEM market only accounts for about 20% of their Windows licensing revenue with the remaining vast majority of revenue being commercial/corporate customers.

The upgrade is only good for one machine per license which means when one buys or significantly upgrades their current computer, a new license is going to be purchased either directly or through an OEM.
In this regard, it appears to me to be clever marketing rather then anything nefarious.

Anyway, there are other things that concern me more about Microsoft like the secure boot changes they are slowly implementing. It could eventually be a way to lock out other OS on the UEFI/BIOS level.

In the end, this does not matter, as people will believe what they wish. If one feels comfortable with sticking with Windows 7/8, that is perfectly fine. However, hyperbolic accusations make your arguments look silly at best.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Dreamwatcher because: Spelling

link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Bingo.

This is exactly why they are giving away 10 as a "free" upgrade. It's no secret, it's been widely publicized and spoken over, and it's not that much different than any other subscription computer users already purchase and use to great effect.

link   

originally posted by: autopat51
im still running Vista!
i know..i know
but its never given me any probs. i know ill have to upgrade sometime...not sure what to do.

Leave it alone until you buy a new machine. If you aren't having any issues, don't fret over it. I have clients still running Vista. Just don't use IE9. It's obsolete, and can't be updated on Vista. Use Chrome or Firefox, etc.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That does not follow from the statement which was made.
You are attempting to establish a false dichotomy. That is a logical fallacy.

Sorry. I guess the part that said "a reply to: Phage" confused me.

Funny, your the one who posted to me first. Enough said.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

I didn't know there was a restriction on who could reply to whom.
ATS police?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

Ok here's the thing, I use a "free open source" app called Jdownloader. I have heard a few times windows 10 renders this app useless even though it it not pirated or illegal to use.

I can tell you that's not true, as I have JDownloader and Windows 10, and it works as expected, I just downloaded an Ubuntu iso in less than 1.5 minutes.

If you don't believe me just give me a link for something to download so I can make a video showing it working.
What version of Jdownloader are you using? The new one is terrible. Instal JD 1 and see what happens. JD 2 sucks! too many bugs!
edit on 8/22/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

That's fair.

Frankly -- from what I can tell, this woman has zero actual technology skills; hardware, software, networking or otherwise. I'm trying to figure out how anyone takes her at face value.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Just because it was you tube doesn't mean it isn't true either.

Cortana analyzes speech data, Microsoft collects “your voice input, as well as your name....
link

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CallYourBluff
Watch Kingsman people.Just like Watchmen, they tell you what they're going to do before they do it, and laugh when people don't realize what's right in their face.
Windows 10isn't Hollywood or comic books, lol

link   
a reply to: proob4
But...
You can watch Hollywood movies and read comic books with it!

link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

That's fair.

Frankly -- from what I can tell, this woman has zero actual technology skills; hardware, software, networking or otherwise. I'm trying to figure out how anyone takes her at face value.

It's the end of the world, aliens, fallen angels, shadow government, Russia, China, illuminati, etc are about to converge on the US to kick off hell on earth. So why can't Microsoft be doing its part?????? Something like that.

Really I don't know, and please no one get offended as I love a good conspiracy theory/end time prediction.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

That's fair.

Bu..bu..bu..but she's got a DOCTORATE from HARVARD.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
People will probably end up paying M$ a yearly maintenance fee for Windows 10 to get dll's to run the latest software compiled with M$ compilers so suggest if you want escape paying M$ continually for their OS test out something like Linux Mint which is free. With mint I also installed Virtual Box and installed Windows 7 as virtual software so I can still run windows software within Linux Mint.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Windows 10 is a Tool to Spy on Everything You Do

www.youtube.com...

Windows 10 is nothing more than a spy tool that will keep track of every action, email, conversation, video, picture, or anything else that you do on your computer.

Apparently others are saying the same thing as Katherine Albrecht.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

What version of Jdownloader are you using? The new one is terrible.

I used the new one, as I had an old version and it asked to be updated.

Instal JD 1 and see what happens.

OK, I will look for it.

JD 2 sucks! too many bugs!

So, it has too many bugs and that's Windows 10's fault?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Apparently others are saying the same thing as Katherine Albrecht.

So? Others were saying that Putin was dead a few months ago.
And they are saying it on youtube!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: proob4
But...
You can watch Hollywood movies and read comic books with it!

Is that fun?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join