It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katherine Albrecht: Windows 10 Is Full Blown Electronic Tyranny

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Who is Katherine Albrecht, really?

Why should I -- a man with 20 years experience in Network operations, routing, RAS, and AD administration take the word of a radio personality who believes in literal witches and the "mark of the beast?"

Some of you may be fine with taking the word of a modern day Ann Putnam, but I am sure many, on a site dedicated to exposing ignorance, might like to know more about this serial accuser before buying into a paranoid born-again conspiracy theory.

What's her motivation here? A new book?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: hellobruce

It does? Of course you can show us all exactly where it states that? Exactly what section that is in? Unless......

Once you agree to their TC they can do what they please.

Once again, where exactly does it state "you are agreeing for them to turn on your microphone."

Where exactly does it state "they can do what they please?"

Did you watch the video?

Oh, you are one of those "I saw it on youtube so it must be true!"

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Anyone can make a video saying anything. The words "microphone," "recording," or ANY variation of "we can do whatever we want" appear exactly NOWHERE in the terms and conditions for Windows 10. But by all means, enjoy your little witch hunt.

link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Why should I -- a man with 20 years experience in Network operations, routing, RAS, and AD administration take the word of a radio personality who believes in literal witches and the "mark of the beast?"

Well obviously she made the claim on Youtube, so it must be true....

+5 more 
link   
I will indeed watch the video, since I am familiar with Katherine, but if you think all these things weren't happening before with Windows, and with Apple, you're kidding yourselves. This has always been a problem, even when everyone was on dial-up. If you want your privacy, kiss your computer good-bye. I have been in the computer industry a long time, and was hearing the alarm sounding way back when Windows was first released as an OS. Yes, they've gotten better at it, and I have no doubt the new Win 10 and Apple's new OS are the best yet at spying. But your trusty Win 7 is no different, and neither was XP.

The truth is, most everything they have implemented in the new Windows, has been running on your smartphone for some time now. Android, Apple, or Windows, makes no difference. Want privacy? Get rid of your computer, your phone, and go off the grid. And even then, they'll know where you are, and what you're doing.

Welcome to the 21rst century folks.

edit on 8/22/2015 by Klassified because: edit nonsensical line

edit on 8/22/2015 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So time to buy Apple stock?

Windows 8.1 is what I'm stuck with. Pure garbage, and I will not go to 10.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Claims Windows 7 is spying on you
www.teamliquid.net...

Claim Windows XP is spying on you
www.techdigest.tv...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Informer1958
Folks, if you value your privacy and you have Windows 10 you should remove it as soon as possible.

When you agree to windows TC, you are agreeing for them to turn on your microphone.

It does? Of course you can show us all exactly where it states that? Exactly what section that is in? Unless......

www.microsoft.com...
I remember reading a few years back that MS was testing some intel petabyte drives that can hold ungodly amounts of data and windows was already recording peripherals like microphone and speaker usage on these drives to see what the consumer was up to to sell it to marketing firms. This was way back in the XP days too. I also heard that "XP" was a joke name that meant "NO PRIVACY" and that is why it had so many vulnerabilities and problems cause it was too busy recording info.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
People think they’re getting something for nothing…an impossibility.

Some people always upgrade out of conditioning and when they give it to you for free…wow whose going to refuse.

Microsoft is an abusive, monopolist, group of incompetent millionaires and billionaires.

It took Microsoft 30 years just to make a browser that works.

There not even competent software engineers!

Yet their millionaires

People should realize that this “free” upgrade, like this lady says is, some kind of scam and a security and privacy nightmare

Don’t do it

7 is good enough until Microsoft takes this crap out of 10

link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Some of you may be fine with taking the word of a modern day Ann Putnam, but I am sure many, on a site dedicated to exposing ignorance, might like to know more about this serial accuser before buying into a paranoid born-again conspiracy theory.

What's her motivation here? A new book?
Who are you? Why should anyone take your word and believe what you said?

link   

And they are !!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Oh, you are one of those "I saw it on youtube so it must be true!"

Oh, your one of those who believe all YouTube videos are lies. Your ignorance perceives you.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Who are you? Why should anyone take your word and believe what you said?

Well, he said it on the internet so according to some gullible people it must be true!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just ask yourself this:

Why would this predatory company all of a sudden give away a free os?

Microsoft apologists strike!

This isn’t the only person warning about this “ free” upgrade

edit on 22-8-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Oh, your one of those who believe all YouTube videos are lies.

That does not follow from the statement which was made.
You are attempting to establish a false dichotomy. That is a logical fallacy.

I will, eventually, install Windows 10. And disable the questionable "features."

edit on 8/22/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Just ask yourself this:

Why would this predatory company all of a sudden give away a free os?

EXACTLY!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4
It isn't free. Unless you are running Windows 7 or 8.
Consider it a major service pack.

edit on 8/22/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I will, eventually, install Windows 10. And disable the questionable "features."

LOL I am sure Microsoft made those features un-disable, and if they did, what are you going to do about it?
edit on 22-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

LOL I am sure Microsoft made those features un-disable, and if they did what are you going to do about it?

Why are you so sure?
What would I do? Not much. I don't really care much about what Microsoft knows about my computing habits. Most would find them rather boring. I'm already quite aware of the privacy issues involved with using the internet.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
People have to realize that despite this scam Microsoft will succeed because the average pc user is ignorant, and even those who aren’t are usually too tired to go through all the stuff to make this predatory privacy invasion innocuous through the OS, which may be there but the average user will never know it or bother to utilize it.

Microsoft like any and all modern predatory entities thrives off ignorance.

That’s why millions of unwary people will make themselves vulnerable to these crazy software bandits at Microsoft.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join