It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katherine Albrecht: Windows 10 Is Full Blown Electronic Tyranny

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I get 3 to 4 "reminders" every day about installing Windows 10 and I just ignore them. My present OS is pretty outdated, but still runs as fast as the day I bought it. Regular cleaning and uninstalling of unused programs, de fragging, a good anti virus and the like, keeps the junk out. They can keep their "free upgrade".

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
after hearing her talk for 2 minutes, I realized I might know more about OS security than she did.

I took out all those 'spying' convenient features out of my copy of win10 to the best of my knowledge; down to reg edits.

but I'm sure there is a secret backdoor Trojan MS installed with win10, which is more likely than not (since people with know-how will immediately find a way to delete Cortana and all telemetry data gathering etc) .

don't want MS to spy on you, use linux or apple, don't want apple to spy on you use Linux,
simple.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

IMHO, it's also a bag full of the next steps to forcing everyone onto the trusted computer initiative, so that you can only run 'approved" apps and "approved" hardware.

Which is where Apple/Wintel/the IC would like you all to be.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Like i said earlier, I have a stable version of windows 7. I'll stay with that as long as I can. At least till all this windows 10 speak is fully transparent.

I agree. I am not computer savvy, I do understand the hardware but not the OS language.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That I would agree with. Don't know the woman or background. I just know despite my dabbling if your desktop took a dive good luck asking me. If your token isn't being sent properly to a federated partner or service I might be able to tinker and fix. Maybe.

I freely admit I don't know, I'll just ask a desktop engineer, probably a security engineer, and look at some technical forums.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
That would be a pretty major switch in marketing tactics. Allowing third party applications is probably the major factor (apart from pricing) in keeping PCs ahead of Macs.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

At least till all this windows 10 speak is fully transparent.

Well, I guess you'll be waiting a very long time then.
BTW, do you consider Windows 7 to be "fully transparent?"
You know what i meant? I mean after the forums and all the talk by consumers and privacy groups pick it apart and the truth comes out if it is a invasion of privacy or just actually selectable intrusion as most say at this point?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Why should the average person have to do all of this stuff?

Tweaks and turning off this or that

I’ve also been a pc expert for over 30 years and know the average person isn’t interested in doing all of that stuff you seem to like to do.

All the average person wants is to turn on the pc and do their work AND NOT BE SPIED ON POTENTIALLY

Don’t you know that’s how guys like us have made money over the years on people’s ignorance?

Do you think Microsoft has ever been interested in a crap free OS?

NO!

That's one of the major ways they make their money...support

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm not a mod but my comment had about as much to do with the OP as yours did.

My comment was towards some else not you. You didn't need to add insult where there was already insult.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
All you experts aren’t really experts

I go back to the Lisa

And I’m an expert not only on hardware, software, but human nature

And I’m telling you this is a scam

I knew it before I even heard of this woman

Microsoft is a predatory business

They don’t make error free nothing

The best OS they ever has was windows 3.11
And they quickly got rid of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Yeah, the opting out aspect is lame. But what is it that you think is so threatening?

That's one of the major ways they make their money...support
Not really. It's from selling software and cloud space. Lots and lots of it. The only support I've ever gotten from them was free.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

I'm not a mod but my comment had about as much to do with the OP as yours did.

My comment was towards some else not you. You didn't need to add insult where there was already insult.

Sorry. I guess the part that said "a reply to: Phage" confused me.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

7 is good enough until Microsoft takes this crap out of 10

What makes you think this "crap" isn't in 7?

No YouTube vid?

I'm currently running windows 10....and loving it!....a hell of a lot more stable than 8.1 or 7.....are Microsoft listening in to my conversations at home?.....don't really give a monkeys chuff if they are!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I'm not selling knee-jerk masturbation and paranoia?

link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
a reply to: Klassified

IMHO, it's also a bag full of the next steps to forcing everyone onto the trusted computer initiative, so that you can only run 'approved" apps and "approved" hardware.

Which is where Apple/Wintel/the IC would like you all to be.

That's coming anyway, whether we all like it or don't. The hold outs will be forced to use cracks and hacks to keep from upgrading, but that will only buy you a little time. With every update MS installs on your old OS under the guise of security, they're really just switching out some lines of code to keep it current until they put the "no longer supported" hammer down on it.

As to approved hardware and apps. That can always be gotten around. And if MS gets too proprietary, they'll be looking at another major lawsuit. Something they really don't want right now. They have enough problems after the Win 8 fiasco.

link   
im still running Vista!
i know..i know
but its never given me any probs. i know ill have to upgrade sometime...not sure what to do.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

What you have to realize is the average person is not an expert in computing…they are ignorant.

I’ve worked in IT for almost 3 decades and know the utter helplessness of the average user

It’s pitiful and Microsoft knows this

Sure some people know this or that like some people can do an oil change on their car.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll

7 is good enough until Microsoft takes this crap out of 10

What makes you think this "crap" isn't in 7?

No YouTube vid?

I'm currently running windows 10....and loving it!....a hell of a lot more stable than 8.1 or 7.....are Microsoft listening in to my conversations at home?.....don't really give a monkeys chuff if they are!
Wait till they find out you like "Monkey Chuff" Oh boy!

edit on 8/22/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: [post=19728189]Gothmog

Don’t you know that’s how guys like us have made money over the years on people’s ignorance?

Like doctors,accountants, electrician make money from ignorance?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I’ve worked in IT for almost 3 decades and know the utter helplessness of the average user

I hear you.
And yet, the average person can buy a PC, plug it in, and be up and running. They usually learn the meaning of "reboot" pretty quickly though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join