It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the woman who let me have the parking space today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
To the woman who let me have the parking space today,

When you saw that I was going for the same parking space as you and you decided to let me have it, you didn't know the kind of day I had today. You didn't know by 11 am this morning I already felt like I was ready to mentally and physically collapse. You didn't know about the fight I had with my husband this morning, or the toothache that kept me up all night. You didn't know about the auto-immune disorder that is kicking my butt and causing my joints to stiffen and swell. You didn't know that I was having difficulty walking because my shoes were old and my ankle keeps rolling inwards due to an old injury. You didn't know that at 6:30 PM my day was far from over as I still had boxes of books I had to carry from one place to another.
You didn't know any of this, but when you let me take a prime parking spot in an overly crowded lot the store this evening, you were my hero. It meant that I didn't have to walk very far, when I felt like I could barely walk at all. You probably didn't think much about it as you smiled and waved me into the space when you noticed we were both going for the same one, but that small gesture meant so much to me in that very moment.
I am sure you will never read this, but I still felt the need to express my gratitude. I looked to see where you parked and was hoping I would catch you as you entered the store to thank you, but I never did see where you went, so I am saying it here. Thank you.

May lots of positive karma come your way,
Calstorm

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

What a lovely thing to write. It's often a simple mercy given with a humble and kind heart that can erase an entire day of misery this world offers us some days, isn't it?

Too bad more people were not capable of a simple action like this, considering their lofty careers, expensive educations and blessings of wealth. Glad you caught a little break

edit on 8/21/2015 by shockedonlooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Angels are there.... Just when you need them. One day when it's all over, you'll discover that nothing was ever random.

*hugs*

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Sorry you had such a messed up day. I'm glad that she was nice enough to give you the spot. People can be awesome sometimes.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Well said.

I can definitely say I've been there.

Small gestures are not insignificant. In fact, they are the only reason I believe in humanity.

edit on 22-8-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

a reply to: rockintitz

"Our lives are not our own; from womb to tomb, we are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness we birth our future." -Cloud Atlas film (In case you hadn't watch it folks, I highly recommend it.)
edit on 22-8-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I was that woman. I realized I was at the wrong store and they don't sell the type of jam I enjoy.

I thank you for wanting the spot because I would have felt like an idiot going in looking for my jam and it not be there, but you caused be to glance from my stupor and notice the marquee. You are an angel, who allowed me to savor 20 more minutes with my favorite preserves on rye. Bless you and your struggles, I will toast them like my marbled ryes.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Well said.

I can definitely say I've been there.

Small gestures are not insignificant. In fact, they are the only reason I believe in humanity.

I am the type of person that always opens the door for people coming or leaving a store, yet it really goes unnoticed nowadays. I will hold the door open and my 3 year old will run out, and I' like "Oh God, my son might run out to the parking lot" and yet I am conflicted because I am holding the door open for a family of 6 that are thinking "This trip to the store is going to be hell and we are going to spend 50$ more than we can afford," and then I yell to my son to stop and wait and I get the weird look from the family as if I can't manange my single child. Facepalm. Use automatic doors for now on I quit.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

How do you feel when someone holds the door open for you?

You give a "thank you" and go about your day.

No one would fault you for letting go of a door to make sure your child is safe.
edit on 22-8-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Random acts of kindness!

Just be sure to pay it forward.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Of course I always give a thank you! Tip of the cap a nod at the least. But I wuestion the point when I hold the door open and my son runs out expecting me to follow him and I am still there holding the door for 6 other people and I'm like "What do I do now? my son is running off out to the parking lot and I'm being nice for these parents whom have a handful themself?" And I get the glare of bad parenting and no "Thank You" in return when I yell out to my son to stop.

It has happened a few times, but he is getting the hang of staying behind me and learining that it is polite to hold the door open, even beat someone else to the door to open it for them. So I think my parenting will pay off in the end.

It's too common that people aren't polite in everyday situations, I still get slack for saying please and thankyou to almost everyone who provides any sort of service, I just don't know why I am seen as such a polite pansy when in fact it is common courtisy.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

"Our lives are not our own; from womb to tomb, we are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness we birth our future." -Cloud Atlas film (In case you hadn't watch it folks, I highly recommend it.)

Watched it, I also highly recommend it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

It's too common that people aren't polite in everyday situations, I still get slack for saying please and thankyou to almost everyone who provides any sort of service, I just don't know why I am seen as such a polite pansy when in fact it is common courtisy.

So it's common that people aren't polite, but being polite is common courtesy?

Just be on the good side. Let everyone else glare if they want. They're not you.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I don't care if they glare, it was more that I yelled to my son to stop so he didn't run into the parking lot just incase. I knew they were thankful for e holding the door, but when I yelled toward my son was the moment they became unthankful. So I literraly Questioned, "why wouldn't one of them corral my son, stop him until I got to him?" Was it because noone would hold the door open for them or because they cared about their family to much and did not care about my son to save him from running into traffic, eventhough I was doing something courtious as simple as holding the door for them? It may not seem ver philosopical, but I run that moment and thought process back quite a bit to understand other people. Yet, I will still be that guy to hold the door open and tell them "Hi" or "Nice day" or whatever nomenclature of a greeting you want to add in, good vibes, pass it on type of things.

I even clean up after people that make a mess at gas stations so the employees don't have to, like when someone srips soda on a counter by the fountain machine and cups and lids, is that not ridiculous? It goes unnoticed, I don't care, it is just what I do. Like Santa Claus.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I will definitely be paying it forward.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
LOL! I know what you mean!
Just keep spreading the kindness! Smiles are usually contagious.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Nice one Cal !!

A great lesson to all of us in our busy self absorbed lives.

A smile and a friendly gesture helps the donor have a great day as well ...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Small acts of kindness go a long way. In your case, it helped put you in a more positive mood.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I am so sorry about the pain you are suffering through.
I will pray for you to heal.

An Althaea for you...

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
That was lovely Calstorm, I hope today is a stress free one for you!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join