It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump shuts down sniveling reporter whining about the term "anchor baby"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: pavil

I don't know. Did the liberal police burst down your door? No? Well then I guess your argument is hyperbole and therefore fallacious. NEXT!

Ha! You complain about someone for their words, then you call them a name, yet you can't see the irony of that? Very nice.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Did the liberal police burst down your door?

Once.

But the photograph of an M16 scared them away !!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I taught Calculus to countless immigrant and first generation children in my country, the excuse lies with the ignorance of putting thug culture as some sort of object of admiration and ideal to be excepted into popular culture if not you were "square" or not PC or at worst a racist. I've seen and done it all in my country and neither your ignorance nor lack of knowledge is going to convince me otherwise of that which I witnessed over 30 years as an adult with my own eyes.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: infolurker
LOL, this video is short but good. A reporter goes for the PC prize of the day and Trump shuts him down.

You mean politically correct? (Are you aware I don't care what whiners are offended, shut up.. ) I'll use Anchor Baby.

This is why Trump is becoming popular. He is not apologizing to the PC idiots or bowing to their usual whining.

It is offensive. It is not about being politically correct or not. I am really getting tired of the reverse rhetoric. Offensive and mean is suddenly being open and honest?

It is only considered "offensive" since 2011 when some immigration group got "Offended"

They can take a hike...

And take their "Offended Feelings" with them.

www.nytimes.com...

Definition:

It was defined as: “A child born to a noncitizen mother in a country that grants automatic citizenship to children born on its soil, especially such a child born to parents seeking to secure eventual citizenship for themselves and often other members of their family.”

Now they whined, now they "redifined it" as a Slur.

it troubled Mary Giovagnoli, the director of the Immigration Policy Center, a pro-immigration research group in Washington.

The once-obscure term has been used frequently in the recent debate over whether to change the Constitution to deny automatic American citizenship to children born in this country to illegal immigrant parents.

Last Friday morning, Ms. Giovagnoli posted an angry item on the center’s blog, saying the dictionary “masks the poisonous and derogatory nature of the term, a term which demeans both parent and child.” Her item soared into the blogosphere. By Friday afternoon, Mr. Kleinedler had called Ms. Giovagnoli.

His editors huddled over the weekend, and on Monday a new definition of “anchor baby” was posted on the dictionary’s Web site. It started with “offensive,” in italics: “Used as a disparaging term for a child born to a noncitizen mother in a country that grants automatic citizenship to children born on its soil, especially when the child’s birthplace is thought to have been chosen in order to improve the mother’s or other relatives’ chances of securing eventual citizenship.”

Yes, someone found it to be offensive. Then the actual dictionary agreed it was. Then conservatives started using it a LOT in a derogatory fashion.

I find this entire article to be offensive. I find the terms 'slur', 'disparaging', and 'derogatory' to be offensive.

Mostly, I find people who are offended by non-offensive terms to be offensive.

Here's the thing: I don't have a right to not be offended. Neither does anyone else. Que sera.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: reldra

Ok. Can I call a hoe a hoe? Calling a spade a spade is a saying that has been around long before I was born. If others choose to use the term incorrectly that is not my fault. Calling a spade a spade is a saying that came about specifically because people were not calling things what they were...

I have never used it to replace the n-word and I'm not going to start acting like that's what the phrase means. If that's the way others take it, it certainly is not my problem.

Calling a spade a spade is calling it what it is... Not the n-word. If we keep going we are going to have to start using sign language because every word we use is going to become offensive to someone.

You did exactly what you said you weren't doing.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Amazing... non-pc people sure are concerned about being pc(whatever in the world that is).

Just trying to be a good citizen and make sure nobody is ever offended by anything anyone says or thinks.
Comply or be silenced!

link   
a reply to: kellyjay

It's not just Mexicans. The Vietnamese find it offensive too.

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Exactly.

It appears that what we have here is a group of people that are praising him for using a term or phrase in reference to a race issue, because they are uneducated on the origins and usage of the term itself.

That's like calling someone the n-word and then praising them for it because their not being "PC", yet they don't know the derogatory nature of the term.

So illegal immigration is a race issue? People from all over the world and all ethnicities come here illegally and all of them can take advantage of the anchor baby loophole.

You think only white people have a problem with illegal immigration? I think you need to think again.

The term itself is rooted in a racial origin and Trump himself has equated illegal immigration to Mexicans in his own speeches and comments.

I'm not turning this in to race out of my own will. Trump has already done that himself.
edit on 20-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Someone needs to ask him where he found the drowned rat on his baldy head, why he's so ashamed of being bald or folically challenged

I think his answers (and he would give them) would be entertaining.

link   
a reply to: catjuggler

Take responsibility and stop blaming others. That's where the problems come from, always blaming someone else, never accept your own misgivings.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Hefficide

I live in the South and all my days on this earth (nearing 40 years) I have NEVER heard anyone call a black person a spade. Not ever. I'm certainly not saying that you haven't heard it, obviously you have at some point but I have never heard it used that way. I have heard the n-word plenty, along with all the other ignorant crap people call black people but I have never heard spade used as a racial slur.

I did emerge in the US for some unknown 'reason' in that manner, but the whole expression goes back to the Greeks, and adopted to English, often as an irony, a bit like saying, 'Welsh Rabbit'..the original name as against, 'Welsh Rarebit' the long current polite version, and all the while you could just say fecking melted cheese on toast, or just cheese on toast. So like a spade was a piggin' shovel'. Nowadays it's more used in way of calling out ambiguity. Funny enough I used the exact same expression in a post here yesterday on 'climate change'...which used to be called AGW, while that thread was entirely based on the premise of AGW. And so it goes on.
What we have here in this thread is deceit, political deceit under the pretence of being non PC.. "the man says what he means and means what he says"...believe that, and you believe anything.

edit on 20-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Someone needs to ask him where he found the drowned rat on his baldy head, why he's so ashamed of being bald or folically challenged

I think his answers (and he would give them) would be entertaining.

Everyone's too scared to ask him, because they're all scared or too polite
reminds me of this Just replace mole with wig
edit on 20-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: pavil

I don't know. Did the liberal police burst down your door? No? Well then I guess your argument is hyperbole and therefore fallacious. NEXT!

Ha! You complain about someone for their words, then you call them a name, yet you can't see the irony of that? Very nice.

I am not complaining about people calling eachother names. What I am complaining about is stupid argument that people should not be offended when you say offensive things. I never said don't say offensive things, what I said was that if you can't understand why the things you are saying often offend people then maybe you should stop speaking. Language is complicated I know, but this concept is very simple and I have explained it very well . When you say things you know that offend people,and they get offended, you are not th e good guy and a champion free speech.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: ketsuko

You can say it all you want.

People are just going to call you an a hole for doing so.

Which then people cry about complaining that is the PC police.

They champion they have the right to say it but forget people have the right to be against it.

Like who?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Being offended does not necessarily mean the 'something' that the offended found offensive is necessarily so.

Bear with...

Being offended/finding 'something' offensive does not say anything about the 'something' but says a lot about the psychological make-up of the offended.

Offence is essentially a 'feeling' and 'feelings' come from within. I can spend a vast amount of time and energy trying to 'offend' you by saying 'offensive' things but if you're not psychologically predisposed to being 'offended' and therefore are not 'offended', I haven't actually said anything 'offensive' have I.

And although I don't bother with politics in an active capacity (i.e. voting) and I'm not even American......I like Trumps language. He says what he means and probably means what he says.

Sure be 'offended'. It's your feelings and you're in charge of them. Nobody can tell you your wrong to feel offended. You just have to be careful what you do with it. If you want to retain your 'victim' status that is.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

a reply to: kellyjay

It's not just Mexicans. The Vietnamese find it offensive too.

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: TsukiLunar

Exactly.

It appears that what we have here is a group of people that are praising him for using a term or phrase in reference to a race issue, because they are uneducated on the origins and usage of the term itself.

That's like calling someone the n-word and then praising them for it because their not being "PC", yet they don't know the derogatory nature of the term.

So illegal immigration is a race issue? People from all over the world and all ethnicities come here illegally and all of them can take advantage of the anchor baby loophole.

You think only white people have a problem with illegal immigration? I think you need to think again.

The term itself is rooted in a racial origin and Trump himself has equated illegal immigration to Mexicans in his own speeches and comments.

I'm not turning this in to race out of my own will. Trump has already done that himself.

uhuh, again show me all the vietnamese and mexicans calling for trumps head over what he said, instead of some whiney liberal reporter

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Anchor babies are what they are. The only reason anyone is offended by that term is because it shows people are aware of what is going on concerning "anchor babies". It is fact that people do come here when they are ready to give birth for that very reason. A fact. So why is it offensive?

I don't think it is any more offensive than baby boomer, Generation X, etc. God help us all if the baby boomers start getting offended by that term. That's a lot of offendedness to happen all at once. It might actually tear a hole in the space time continuum.

Changing the term doesn't change the fact. I think lots of folks hope that is what will happen though. That's why they are so rabid that other folks say it "the correct way". Trump isn't buying into the PC speak.

A spade is a spade... Oops?!

It is termed as offensive in the dictionary. There are people who have come to the US just to give birth, but how many? Is it a large number? A small number? Conservatives use that term in a derogatory way on purpose. A Fact.

Oops? I am surprised at that spade comment. Glad you aren't moderating this thread.

More and more the dictionary is showing itself to be yet another tool of PC speech and people are ignoring opinion and commentary about words. Well, the people with common sense are, anyway.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HumberWarrior

Yeah, that's right. When I say offensive things about whole groups of people it is their fault for not ignoring what I am saying even though I am running for president. Logic.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

I am not complaining about people calling eachother names. What I am complaining about is stupid argument that people should not be offended when you say offensive things. I never said don't say offensive things, what I said was that if you can't understand why the things you are saying often offend people then maybe you should stop speaking. Language is complicated I know, but this concept is very simple and I have explained it very well . When you say things you know that offend people,and they get offended, you are not th e good guy and a champion free speech.

I didnt call you any names, in fact i didnt call anyone any names...the only one calling people names in here is you, while trying to take the moral highground lol

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Same old same old. I guess. Wonder how many of you make it through the day being so free spirited. Must be nice to be up on that pedestal, I am sure trumps sees you as his equal.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
So, we're not talking about Trump's antics any longer?

OK

I'll wait until everyone decides to explore every bigoted word out there. Don't forget to include 'bastard'.

*munches popcorn*

As an adopted child who doesn't know who his father is, I am offended, sir!

(pause)... yeah I'm over it now.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join