It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump shuts down sniveling reporter whining about the term "anchor baby"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: infolurker

I hate politically correct people... most of the time they aren't even the race or gender that would be "offended" by the particular word or phrase.

I think the best term for it would be first world problems.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Pc is a literal meaningless term. Why are all even discussing it as if the was some law defining it?

P.s. the only people I see complaining about PC are those who say things that will obviously offend people. If you can't navigate the whole language thing, then maybe you should stop speaking.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: kellyjay

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

spade
A derogatory term for an African American, more commonly used in the post-Civil War era than today.

Source

urban dictionary lol?

heres the real definition

spade1
speɪd/Submit
noun
a tool with a sharp-edged, typically rectangular, metal blade and a long handle, used for digging or cutting earth, sand, turf, etc.
verb
dig over (ground) with a spade.
"while spading the soil, I think of the flowers"

from the oxford dictionary www.oxforddictionaries.com...

That is true. But it also refers to a black person. Did you not know that?

you chose the only dictionary that facilitated your point, and yes i have heard of the term, but again if you look at the context in which it was used, it wasnt aimed at any black people, it wasnt said in a derogatory manner, in fact the term "calling a spade a spade" has also been around for years.

its all about the context

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Exactly.

It appears that what we have here is a group of people that are praising him for using a term or phrase in reference to a race issue, because they are uneducated on the origins and usage of the term itself.

That's like calling someone the n-word and then praising them for it because their not being "PC", yet they don't know the derogatory nature of the term.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Exactly.

It appears that what we have here is a group of people that are praising him for using a term or phrase in reference to a race issue, because they are uneducated on the origins and usage of the term itself.

That's like calling someone the n-word and then praising them for it because their not being "PC", yet they don't know the derogatory nature of the term.

I think its more about applauding him for not kneeling down to the liberal P.C police, and excersising his right to free speech

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Worst of all they WILLFULLY ignorant of this concept. It's like they are aliens that have no concept of language and the human mind.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

you chose the only dictionary that facilitated your point

Irrelevant. If you know of it's other usage than my point is made.

Correct, and Trump used that "anchor baby" term in a discussion on race-related issues.

Therefore, he used the term at the wrong place and time and is being praised for it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Liberal pc police? Oh you mean those scum that don't insult people. Okay then

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I've heard black people called spades more than a thousand times growing up in Canada. Gone the way of less civil descriptors now, thank goodness.

Oh... am I being too PC?

Sorry

(as a Canadian, I should always be sorry, right?)

Canadian people being bigoted? Where abouts? I've never met a more PC nationality than Canucks are.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
People are use to hearing politically correct politicians side stepping issues and saying just what certain people want want to hear that when someone talks frank and tells it like it is they think it is mean and offensive.

Refreshing to hear something besides the same old BS.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I think its more about applauding him for not kneeling down to the liberal P.C police, and excersising his right to free speech

No one has said that he doesn't have the right to say what he did. Most of us are just saying he is stupid for saying it.

The liberal PC police argument is bs. It comes out when people try to justify their idiotic comments and people are offended.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Correct, and Trump used that "anchor baby" term in a discussion on race-related issues.

Therefore, he used the term at the wrong place and time and is being praised for it.

uhuh...do you have any links to mexicans getting offended over trump using that term? because so far all ive seen is a few whiney white liberals feigning offence.....

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I don't know the exact context from the video the OP presented but I'm will to wager you he was speaking about immigration, illegal immigration at that, not race. Your mind turned that into "race related".
Interesting.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Donny has a right to speak in whatever way he wishes.
If the person finds such speech offensive they are free to leave.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Exactly.

So illegal immigration is a race issue? People from all over the world and all ethnicities come here illegally and all of them can take advantage of the anchor baby loophole.

You think only white people have a problem with illegal immigration? I think you need to think again.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Liberal pc police? Oh you mean those scum that don't insult people. Okay then

no those people that try to tell everyone else what words are offensive from one week to the next....maybe you guys should release a book of all the words that are now offensive, that way the rest of us can keep up and spare your wittle feelings

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

No one has said that he doesn't have the right to say what he did. Most of us are just saying he is stupid for saying it.

The liberal PC police argument is bs. It comes out when people try to justify their idiotic comments and people are offended.

OK, we get that you are offended.

Stop trying to force people to shut up over it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No. When people stop saying intentionally offensive things for no reason then we will stop telling you to shut up. Until then, we will you out on your b.s...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Just because people are offended when you say obviously offensive things does not make you the "good guy".

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
Pc is a literal meaningless term. Why are all even discussing it as if the was some law defining it?

P.s. the only people I see complaining about PC are those who say things that will obviously offend people. If you can't navigate the whole language thing, then maybe you should stop speaking.

So, because someone said calling a spade a spade in a non-racial manner and was then attacked because someone else at another point in time had used the phrase in a different context that others had found offensive ... you think that person has no reason to complain?

When the PC police complain about their use of the phrase even when it was used completely appropriately, the PC police are basically saying, "Hey, you're racist!"

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join