It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump shuts down sniveling reporter whining about the term "anchor baby"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There was a time when qualities such as politeness and tact were valued traits in society. It seems they are becoming out of date and boring for some. Which I think is a shame. I don't really like rude and boorish People, not sure why they are so popular with some these days. Idiocracy was a comedy not a blueprint. Dumbed down politics for a dumbed down populous

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Excellent way to obfuscate the issue. Truly you are a master at avoiding honest discussion

link   
I suspect a lot of people are in denial of what the political system and business has done to the US and don't want to hear the truth.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

No. When people stop saying intentionally offensive things for no reason then we will stop telling you to shut up. Until then, we will you out on your b.s...

its just hard to keep up with everything that is offensive....you guys keep changing the goal posts, "that person way over cried one time over this word, so now if you say it you are a bigot, homophobe, racist, terrorist" and every other "ist" and "ism" you guys can invent......

like i said release a book, or better yet an e-manual that way it can be updated daily with new offensive words

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Why are you offended by it? Is the act of giving birth in a foreign country to impart your child with a nationality not the same as the parent's not offensive to the parent's nation? Do mere words incite you to hatred? You must be constantly mad then.....

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
maybe a better thread title would have been 'trump talks over dissenting voice'?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

All I seen in your post is just a justification for you to be a rude Butthead just because you can. Where in the world has social tact gone?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Complete nonsense. Please rephrase into a coherent argument.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

All I seen in your post is just a justification for you to be a rude Butthead just because you can. Where in the world has social tact gone?

Wow.... Pot, call kettle Black.

Am I still allowed to say that?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

says the guy calling me a butthead lol....fortunately for you im not a liberal so not easily offended, see im a grown up, an adult...i dont cry and stomp my feet when someone trys or does offend me, i brush it off, because thats what grown ups do

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

No. When people stop saying intentionally offensive things for no reason then we will stop telling you to shut up. Until then, we will you out on your b.s...

And that's the problem.

What you find offensive is getting ever more ridiculous. I can't even carry a brown bag to work anymore in some places. Certain groups are lobbying to remove the terms "boy" and "girl" from schools.

The novel Huckleberry Finn was absolutely bastardized to placate people like you because the language of the day was deemed too offensive for our precious little snowflakes. They replaced all instance of the word "'n-word'" with "slave" completely ignoring that not all of the characters so referred to were in fact slaves. It also ignores that one of the best reasons to read Twain is his mastery of colloquialism which means the spoken speech of the time. Like it or not, in Twain's place and time that word was in broad common use, but rather than use this as a teachable moment, someone felt it better to edit the book so that teachers could avoid the issue if they chose.

Clearly, this is world many of you have been brought into where simply scrubbing a word from your ears can make the issue go away.

Well, guess what? This also isn't 1984 at least not yet, and you do not have the Ministry of Love to back you. You can flit around like gadflies, but in the end, trying to censor speech doesn't work out quite like you think.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

This is what 30 years of Rap music, Hollywood, and the Liberal media have given us, and believe me I'm no conservative, but I witnessed it all with my own eyes. You think it's merely coincidence now that we have wiggers running around affluent white neighborhoods pretending to be boorish thug blacks? No it's by design, and specifically owing to the factors I mentioned above. Hollywood, lousy Rap musicians and comedians after years of constant attack have succeeded in portraying an average white middle class family with Christian values as nothing more than an object of derision. Now this jackarse Trump is the result of that attack, I give him no kudos, but understand perfectly what lead to him.
edit on 2015-08-20T16:20:13-05:00pm312000000044ThursdayAmerica/ChicagoThu, 20 Aug 2015 16:20:13 -0500 by catjuggler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

says the guy calling me a butthead

I wasn't aware that phrase was socially tactful. I learned something new.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I don't know. Did the liberal police burst down your door? No? Well then I guess your argument is hyperbole and therefore fallacious. NEXT!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki
Man I hope trump is elected...that way I can can gtfo without feeling too guilty.

Why wait?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: catjuggler rap music, lol, any excuse to not take responsibility for the dumbing down of your nation , take a look closer to home and stop blaming others for your own countries mess

edit on 20-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

link   

Complete nonsense. Please rephrase into a coherent argument.

Here I'll make it easy to understand. Do words or labels hurt you so much as to cause you to get angry? Never have bothered me at all.

I merely pointed out the act of intentionally giving birth in another country to immigrate to said country is to slap your native country in the face? Am I wrong?

Comprendre?

link   

uh-oh..."Butthead" is an offensive word.
I think the Mods would agree. Best if you edit your post before they do.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: infolurker
LOL, this video is short but good. A reporter goes for the PC prize of the day and Trump shuts him down.

You mean politically correct? (Are you aware I don't care what whiners are offended, shut up.. ) I'll use Anchor Baby.

This is why Trump is becoming popular. He is not apologizing to the PC idiots or bowing to their usual whining.

It is offensive. It is not about being politically correct or not. I am really getting tired of the reverse rhetoric. Offensive and mean is suddenly being open and honest?

It's not offensive, it's an illustrative term. It's an honest description of an existing issue.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Amazing... non-pc people sure are concerned about being pc(whatever in the world that is).

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join