It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump shuts down sniveling reporter whining about the term "anchor baby"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Anchor baby shouldn't be race related either. There are countless races that come over here to give birth. All colors, creeds, etc. why does everything have to be about race. It's not just Mexicans, it's not just Chinese, It's not just anybody.... It's everybody. Race is being injected into it wrongly IMO.

The very origin of the word is related to race and the hatred against the Vietnamese refugees that migrated form Vietnam. The term was then picked-up to describe Mexican people having children to stay in the US.

The term has always been related to race.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I live in the South and all my days on this earth (nearing 40 years) I have NEVER heard anyone call a black person a spade. Not ever. I'm certainly not saying that you haven't heard it, obviously you have at some point but I have never heard it used that way. I have heard the n-word plenty, along with all the other ignorant crap people call black people but I have never heard spade used as a racial slur.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: introvert

No, Trump is getting attention and support for the same reason Gingrich got all these applause:

People in this country HATE the mainstream press. They HATE the beltway politicos.

And they will applaud ANYONE who gives them crap.
|

Nonsense. The very discussion on this thread shows that the focus is on what he said, not whom he was saying it to. That is just a nice side issue.

People are lapping-up his rhetoric and propaganda.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: infolurker

Its kinda like when the P.C crowd got offended over the word thug being used on the media when a story was being reported that involved some kind of criminal activity and a black person

dictionary definition

thug
θʌɡ/
noun
a violent person, especially a criminal.
"he was attacked by a gang of thugs"
synonyms: ruffian, hoodlum, bully boy, bully, bandit, mugger, gangster, terrorist, gunman, murderer, killer, hitman, assassin, hooligan, vandal, Yardie; informaltough, bruiser, hired gun; informalrough, bovver boy, lager lout, chav, hoodie; informalned; informalhood, goon; informalroughie, hoon; datedcut-throat, desperado; raremyrmidon

apparently its now the new N word....smh lol

It is because conservatives used it to describe the facebook pictures of teenagers, black teenagers. They later used it pretty much for any black person, even a 12 yr old with a toy gun.

there is nothing offensive about the definition, if your going to do thuggish behaviour then dont cry foul if you are called exactly what you are percieving yourself to be

but typical left...everything is racist lol

No, not true.

because you said so? well you must be right then.....

Yes, I am.

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   

originally posted by: masqua
So, we're not talking about Trump's antics any longer?

OK

I'll wait until everyone decides to explore every bigoted word out there. Don't forget to include 'bastard'.

*munches popcorn*

well we were talking about trumps hair at one point....personally i think its fabulous

link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

I'm glad you liked that.

link   

originally posted by: spav5

originally posted by: infolurker
LOL, this video is short but good. A reporter goes for the PC prize of the day and Trump shuts him down.

You mean politically correct? (shut up.. ) I'll use Anchor Baby.

This is why Trump is becoming popular. He is not apologizing to the PC idiots or bowing to their usual whining.

Why does Trump use offensive terminology? Because he is offensive.
I will agree that the reporter is focusing on a non-issue..I do not need him to point out to me that Trump is an offensive clown.

Don't know if I would vote for Trump or not but he is exercising his right to be offensive.

Remember when it was a right to speak your mind?

Jude

link   

spade
A derogatory term for an African American, more commonly used in the post-Civil War era than today.

Source

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

The focus was started on how he treated the reporter much like Gingrich treated the moderator.

Then the PC Police came in and shifted the discussion.

link   

And that of course means it is not and people shouldn't be offended by it. It's simple , if I haven't heard about it then no one else should find it noteworthy.

link   

Its kinda like when the P.C crowd got offended over the word thug being used on the media when a story was being reported that involved some kind of criminal activity and a black person

dictionary definition

thug
θʌɡ/
noun
a violent person, especially a criminal.
"he was attacked by a gang of thugs"
synonyms: ruffian, hoodlum, bully boy, bully, bandit, mugger, gangster, terrorist, gunman, murderer, killer, hitman, assassin, hooligan, vandal, Yardie; informaltough, bruiser, hired gun; informalrough, bovver boy, lager lout, chav, hoodie; informalned; informalhood, goon; informalroughie, hoon; datedcut-throat, desperado; raremyrmidon

apparently its now the new N word....smh lol

It is because conservatives used it to describe the facebook pictures of teenagers, black teenagers. They later used it pretty much for any black person, even a 12 yr old with a toy gun.

there is nothing offensive about the definition, if your going to do thuggish behaviour then dont cry foul if you are called exactly what you are percieving yourself to be

but typical left...everything is racist lol

No, not true.

because you said so? well you must be right then.....

Yes, I am.

in your own mind maybe...but thats ok, you can do you

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I've heard black people called spades more than a thousand times growing up in Canada. Gone the way of less civil descriptors now, thank goodness.

Oh... am I being too PC?

Sorry

(as a Canadian, I should always be sorry, right?)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The focus was started on how he treated the reporter much like Gingrich treated the moderator.

Then the PC Police came in and shifted the discussion.

Actually, in reviewing the entire thread very little focus was on the reporter, from either side of the debate. Like I said, the rhetoric and propaganda is what is popular here.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

spade
A derogatory term for an African American, more commonly used in the post-Civil War era than today.

Source

urban dictionary lol?

heres the real definition

spade1
speɪd/Submit
noun
a tool with a sharp-edged, typically rectangular, metal blade and a long handle, used for digging or cutting earth, sand, turf, etc.
verb
dig over (ground) with a spade.
"while spading the soil, I think of the flowers"

from the oxford dictionary www.oxforddictionaries.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I hate politically correct people... most of the time they aren't even the race or gender that would be "offended" by the particular word or phrase.
edit on 20pmThu, 20 Aug 2015 15:45:32 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

You have every right to be as PC as you wish just as everyone else has the right not to.

And I guess that was a Canadian joke about always being sorry. I don't get that one either. I need to brush up on my stereotypes and racial slurs it seems.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: reldra

Wth?? Now spade is offensive?

noun
a tool with a sharp-edged, typically rectangular, metal blade and a long handle, used for digging or cutting earth, sand, turf, etc.

That comes from the dictionary everyone is championing in this very thread. So what is offensive about it? Calling something what it is, is calling a spade a spade. It's also calling a fork a fork. A hoe a hoe, and so on.

Whoa there!!!!! "Hoe" is offensive to women or prostitutes...or garden implements...or something.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

I hate politically correct people... most of the time they aren't even the race or gender that would be "offended" by the particular word or phrase.

Nailed it

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

spade

Source

urban dictionary lol?

heres the real definition

spade1
speɪd/Submit
noun
verb
dig over (ground) with a spade.
"while spading the soil, I think of the flowers"

from the oxford dictionary www.oxforddictionaries.com...

That is true. But it also refers to a black person. Did you not know that?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join