It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump shuts down sniveling reporter whining about the term "anchor baby"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

Did I say you did? No. What I am saying:

Don't act confused when you say things you know to be offensive and they turn out to, gasp, be offensive!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: Hefficide

I live in the South and all my days on this earth (nearing 40 years) I have NEVER heard anyone call a black person a spade. Not ever. I'm certainly not saying that you haven't heard it, obviously you have at some point but I have never heard it used that way. I have heard the n-word plenty, along with all the other ignorant crap people call black people but I have never heard spade used as a racial slur.

I grew up in Tennessee in the 70s and 80s... never thought of the term 'tar baby' as anything else than a literary term/device taken from the stories of Uncle Remus and Song of the South.

Then some well-intentioned liberals 'educated' me on how racist it was. I still don't care about their opinion, but that doesn't stop them from howling every time they hear the term. Crap like this is why we can't move out of our racism-obsessed culture, the liberals won't let us.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

Don't act confused when you say things you know to be offensive and they turn out to, gasp, be offensive!

like calling someone a butthead? lol

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

a reply to: HumberWarrior

Yeah, that's right. When I say offensive things about whole groups of people it is their fault for not ignoring what I am saying even though I am running for president. Logic.

No. No. No. Feelings are unique to the individual.

Some call the British Pome's in an attempt to be offensive, but not every British person is 'offended'.
You can't assign a feeling to an entire group. The group is made up of individuals who may or may not share the same feeling. * rolls eyes*

You completely missed what I was saying.

link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
There was a time when qualities such as politeness and tact were valued traits in society. It seems they are becoming out of date and boring for some. Which I think is a shame. I don't really like rude and boorish People, not sure why they are so popular with some these days. Idiocracy was a comedy not a blueprint. Dumbed down politics for a dumbed down populous

There was a time when people had thicker skin too, and more common sense.

link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

So.....am not allowed or shouldn't say things that offend others? Sorry, you don't get to determine that, nor do I. Is that not what freedom of speech is?

How about this. How about I say that people who come to America illegally to give U.S. Citizenship to their unborn children by giving birth on U.S. soil isn't the correct way to way to proceed?

Is that offensive to you still?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Same old same old. I guess. Wonder how many of you make it through the day being so free spirited. Must be nice to be up on that pedestal, I am sure trumps sees you as his equal.

as opposed to living in a perpetual state of offence? yeah id rather the free spirit route

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

a reply to: ketsuko

No. When people stop saying intentionally offensive things for no reason then we will stop telling you to shut up. Until then, we will you out on your b.s...

its just hard to keep up with everything that is offensive....you guys keep changing the goal posts, "that person way over cried one time over this word, so now if you say it you are a bigot, homophobe, racist, terrorist" and every other "ist" and "ism" you guys can invent......

like i said release a book, or better yet an e-manual that way it can be updated daily with new offensive words

I'd prefer a book. It'd be useful as toilet paper in a pinch.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Sure. If that's a concept you can understand then. I wasn't trying to be offensive, and, indeed can think of worse things to call someone who intentionally offends people because "they can", but whatever. If that's your light by all means, enjoy.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hyperbole for the win! Losing ground are we?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The first amendment wasnt written so people could say things that everyone liked and agreed with, it was made for speech that people didnt like or didnt agree with and to ensure people could speak freely.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
With his obvious lack of tact IF, and that's a biggie, he is elected enjoy your allies. Within 2 years they will have run to the hills.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil
Wtf, are you even reading my posts or do you just project your own thoughts over me?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sure. If that's a concept you can understand then. I wasn't trying to be offensive, and, indeed can think of worse things to call someone who intentionally offends people because "they can", but whatever. If that's your light by all means, enjoy.

im not easily offended, so no offence was taken, just making a point

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HumberWarrior

Great post! The only people who get offended are those that allow themselves.

link   

The first amendment wasnt written so people could say things that everyone liked and agreed with, it was made for speech that people didnt like or didnt agree with and to ensure people could speak freely.

Actually the 1st is in reference to the GOVERNMENT making laws restricting certain rights. Free speech being one of them.

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Someone needs to ask him where he found the drowned rat on his baldy head, why he's so ashamed of being bald or folically challenged

I think his answers (and he would give them) would be entertaining.

Everyone's too scared to ask him, because they're all scared or too polite

And who's problem is that?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

And yet, common decency exists as a human value too. These concepts are not hard and are basically the first thing we as humans learn about social interaction.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is offensive. It is not about being politically correct or not. I am really getting tired of the reverse rhetoric. Offensive and mean is suddenly being open and honest?

Oh shut up! I mean, kisses!

Go Trump!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: masqua
So, we're not talking about Trump's antics any longer?

OK

I'll wait until everyone decides to explore every bigoted word out there. Don't forget to include 'bastard'.

*munches popcorn*

As an adopted child who doesn't know who his father is, I am offended, sir!

(pause)... yeah I'm over it now.

The word bastard has been bastardized over the years.
Nevertheless, you have no cause to be niggardly in expressing how offended you are over such an offensive and non-PC word.

*pass the popcorn*

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join