It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump shuts down sniveling reporter whining about the term "anchor baby"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
LOL, this video is short but good. A reporter goes for the PC prize of the day and Trump shuts him down.

You mean politically correct? (Are you aware I don't care what whiners are offended, shut up.. ) I'll use Anchor Baby.

This is why Trump is becoming popular. He is not apologizing to the PC idiots or bowing to their usual whining.

edit on 20-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Man I hope trump is elected...that way I can can gtfo without feeling too guilty.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

LOL i love trump, he just doesnt care and isnt buying into the "free speech destroyer" that is political correctness...go trump!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I saw it...it was a beautiful thing to watch.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker
LOL, this video is short but good. A reporter goes for the PC prize of the day and Trump shuts him down.

You mean politically correct? (shut up.. ) I'll use Anchor Baby.

This is why Trump is becoming popular. He is not apologizing to the PC idiots or bowing to their usual whining.

Why does Trump use offensive terminology? Because he is offensive.
I will agree that the reporter is focusing on a non-issue..I do not need him to point out to me that Trump is an offensive clown.

link   

You mean politically correct? (Are you aware I don't care what whiners are offended, shut up.. ) I'll use Anchor Baby.

It is offensive. It is not about being politically correct or not. I am really getting tired of the reverse rhetoric. Offensive and mean is suddenly being open and honest?
edit on 20-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Trump has a lot of people shaking and trembling.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Poor little PC reporter...I'm sure he'll need therapy to repair his widdle wounded ego.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is offensive. It is not about being politically correct or not. I am really getting tired of the reverse rhetoric. Offensive and mean is suddenly being open and honest?

It is only considered "offensive" since 2011 when some immigration group got "Offended"

They can take a hike...

And take their "Offended Feelings" with them.

www.nytimes.com...

Definition:

It was defined as: “A child born to a noncitizen mother in a country that grants automatic citizenship to children born on its soil, especially such a child born to parents seeking to secure eventual citizenship for themselves and often other members of their family.”

So, what is offensive about the above (other than the truth?) Say that again, the definition was the what? Truth... oh, that is why they are offended.

Now they whined, now they "redefined it" as "Offensive" or a Slur.

it troubled Mary Giovagnoli, the director of the Immigration Policy Center, a pro-immigration research group in Washington.

The once-obscure term has been used frequently in the recent debate over whether to change the Constitution to deny automatic American citizenship to children born in this country to illegal immigrant parents.

Last Friday morning, Ms. Giovagnoli posted an angry item on the center’s blog, saying the dictionary “masks the poisonous and derogatory nature of the term, a term which demeans both parent and child.” Her item soared into the blogosphere. By Friday afternoon, Mr. Kleinedler had called Ms. Giovagnoli.

His editors huddled over the weekend, and on Monday a new definition of “anchor baby” was posted on the dictionary’s Web site. It started with “offensive,” in italics: “Used as a disparaging term for a child born to a noncitizen mother in a country that grants automatic citizenship to children born on its soil, especially when the child’s birthplace is thought to have been chosen in order to improve the mother’s or other relatives’ chances of securing eventual citizenship.”

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Bbwwwaahahaha!
Feelings! Nothing more than feelings!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Trump with all his might, money and experience is not going to be told what words to use in his sentences by an infantile reporter who thinks to have found something not done on him. (and so wouldn't I)

He should have added.."do you have any substantial questions"?

link   
"Look it up in the Dictionary"? Does this half-assed reporter actually not even understand how the dictionary works and thinks that this vernacular term would ever even be in the dictionary? Oh wait I forgot, he's an internet generation retard, his entire education came from online so he thinks sites like urbanditionary et al are actually legitimate sources. What a freaking retard.
edit on 2015-08-20T14:51:51-05:00pm312000000022ThursdayAmerica/ChicagoThu, 20 Aug 2015 14:51:51 -0500 by catjuggler because: (no reason given)

link   
Can't we just call them 'Anchor Fetal Tissue'?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Didn't Jeb Bush do the same thing?

"Jeb Bush defended his use of the term "anchor baby" and continued on the offensive against Donald Trump while speaking with reporters after a town hall meeting in New Hampshire on Thursday.

"If there's another term that I come up with, I'm happy to hear it," Bush responded when asked if he thought "anchor babies," a term used to refer to children born in the United States to non citizen mothers, was offensive."
So I guess it's official Republican at least, speak.

I'm not particularly PC, but using the term "anchor baby" is a generality, that's not fair to those who's relationship is genuine and loving.
Bush nor Trump are grown-up enough to understand that this subject is something not to grandstand on at election times, it's far too sensitive an issue, these guys are so ignorant both in manner and compos mentis
edit on 20-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

It is only considered "offensive" since 2011 when some immigration group got "Offended"

They can take a hike...

And take their "Offended Feelings" with them.

www.nytimes.com...

Definition:

It was defined as: “A child born to a noncitizen mother in a country that grants automatic citizenship to children born on its soil, especially such a child born to parents seeking to secure eventual citizenship for themselves and often other members of their family.”

Now they whined, now they "redifined it" as a Slur.

it troubled Mary Giovagnoli, the director of the Immigration Policy Center, a pro-immigration research group in Washington.

The once-obscure term has been used frequently in the recent debate over whether to change the Constitution to deny automatic American citizenship to children born in this country to illegal immigrant parents.

Last Friday morning, Ms. Giovagnoli posted an angry item on the center’s blog, saying the dictionary “masks the poisonous and derogatory nature of the term, a term which demeans both parent and child.” Her item soared into the blogosphere. By Friday afternoon, Mr. Kleinedler had called Ms. Giovagnoli.

His editors huddled over the weekend, and on Monday a new definition of “anchor baby” was posted on the dictionary’s Web site. It started with “offensive,” in italics: “Used as a disparaging term for a child born to a noncitizen mother in a country that grants automatic citizenship to children born on its soil, especially when the child’s birthplace is thought to have been chosen in order to improve the mother’s or other relatives’ chances of securing eventual citizenship.”

Yes, someone found it to be offensive. Then the actual dictionary agreed it was. Then conservatives started using it a LOT in a derogatory fashion.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Someone needs to ask him where he found the drowned rat on his baldy head, why he's so ashamed of being bald or folically challenged

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join