It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming scam reveals itself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt
That is not exactly accurate. Alternative energy sources are do not destroy the environment as you claim.

Go ahead and play to the merchants of doubt.

We need to maintain a sustainable lifestyle if we wish to continue as a species.

Climate change, environmental change, ocean changes, poisoning of fresh water sources, over fishing, deforestation...

edit on 20-8-2015 by jrod because: drunk

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
We have a waterway system that could if required house a wind turbine type paddle, thus producing a steady rotating power source. These can be p[laced along our waterway systems throughout the world. Floating or static. We do not need large dams to generate electricity from our water motion. The reason this wont come to pass is they cannot regulate a system where anyone with a dynamo can put a paddle in moving water and create an electricity generating machine. Without any adverse effects on the fish life.
edit on 20-8-2015 by chewi because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012
Yes, I do know there are alternatives to these massive systems being foisted on us. But you've not addressed the problems at the beginning of the process that supposedly leads to sustainability. Mining for the minerals needed to make the "Free Energy" machines has a far greater effect on the environment than simply mining coal or drilling for oil//gas.
The rare earth elements needed for the these machines are termed "rare earth", not necessarily because they are rare but because concentrations of them are rare. Moving thousands of tons of materials to processing foundries to produce only a few pounds of the end product is doing more destruction to the face of the earth than the coal mining going on today in the US.
We do have lots of options and like you, I'd very much like to see them utilized. But corporate interests, when aligned with government have taken us in a money-making method rather than a healing method. With their plan, the corporations get a steady income thus providing a steady income for the government.
It's a very twisted bit of philosophy to believe that all the vast mining taking place to gather the materials from all over the world to make these machines and the energy expended in making them is in any way sustainable.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Can we not do it without them. If all the land owners and farmers of the western world formed a generating co-operative company and developed environmentally safe floating/static machines then this will help. The materials require no further mining as they already exist so the energy is the problem. ?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod
I agree completely that we must maintain a sustainable lifestyle. I'm simply pointing out that the path the governments and corporations want to lead us down doesn't lead to sustainability. Currently that path is paved with human slavery and government subsidies in order to coax people into buying into the belief. The sides of that path are piled high with the trash from our "throw-away" society and the pollution created to make all those disposable this and that thingies.
What exactly do you mean by playing to the merchants of doubt? I have no doubt after it was explained to me how our electronic gadgets and photo-voltaic cells are made and the tremendous amounts of energy that have to be expended to make those items.
Do you think for a moment that the mining of the materials to make the alternative energy machines doesn't use hundreds of millions of gallons of water, water that is made highly toxic with all sorts of pollutants so it must be processed before it can be returned to the environment---or run back into the river from which it was drawn...spreading the pollution ever farther.
Do you think these mines for the rare earth elements and silica don't cause deforestation and poisoning of fresh waters? Do you think it doesn't happen because it's not in your back yard?
Different parts of the earth can find different methods of dealing with their energy needs. Cookie cutter solutions don't work really well for anything but cookies. Localities need to deal with energy needs, not national or international bureaucrazies.
I've no doubt that in the long we will figure things out. Once enough people wake up and realize that neither the government nor the corporate interests have your best interests at heart. I hope we do wake up before the bread runs out and the circus moves on.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi
Yes!

There are plenty of alternatives to handing over the earth to the scam artists.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
Yes, I do know there are alternatives to these massive systems being foisted on us. But you've not addressed the problems at the beginning of the process that supposedly leads to sustainability. Mining for the minerals needed to make the "Free Energy" machines has a far greater effect on the environment than simply mining coal or drilling for oil//gas.

I understand your point and the problems with factories.

But are you ready to let go off some of the luxurious of our current lifestyle we enjoy. Factories and minning of rare minerials are the reaaon why we both are able to communicate with electronic devices.

Besides, why mine for new minerals, when you can reuse scrap matels and all machine parts lying around in junk yards all over the world and what other junk we can reuse to build free energy devices.

Like I have said earlier many countries have seen the potential and are already using alternative sources of energy and others on here have pointed out as well. The key thing here is sustainability and balance with nature.

We have just started on the free energy world wide movement and who knows what other innovative ways and ideas can pop up along the way, to address sustainability and harmony with nature. Once humanity becomes abundant with energy, we eleminate worries about rising oil and coal prices.

Where there is a will there is a always a way!

Peace

edit on 20-8-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Anything humans do destroys something so youre wrong about not destroying something.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012

originally posted by: yuppa
I have news...even when Lockheed gets the FUSION reactor operating and energy becomes abundant there will still be wars over it. For control of it.

There are many many other alternative free energy sources other than the FUSION Reactor. At least I foresee, lesser wars and ultimately a peaceful world.

Take this analogy for example, why should someone attack you if his already got more than enough of what you already have. Simply pointless to fight over something that is free and abundant.

Those who want to control it, will surely have a hard time trying to control what free energy mother nature has for us in abundance. Just matter of harnessing it.

Peace

SOrry the world will not go the route of star trek with no more wars. And there is always something you have that someone else wants because the world is not a equal playing field.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yes, I understand we can recycle but do you actually know what recycling entails? Have you ever actually observed what happens when you take in your e-gadgets for recycling? Have you followed the process?
See, here is where the magical thinking about the magical wands takes over....we are told to recycle but never bother to find out what is actually involved in the process---how much energy is expended just to get the recyclable materials to a recycling plant and then to transport the recovered materials to a manufacturer.

You take in your old gadget. It gets deposited into a bin. When the bin is full, the contents get shipped to a central shipping point. There the gadgets are loaded into shipping containers to be shipped to China because they are one of a handful of countries where labor costs are so low that the recovery process is actually profitable. Only then can recovery of materials even begin---and massive amounts of energy have already been expended in transportation. More energy must be expended to separate the metals from the plastic and then the individual metals for reuse. All that takes energy in some form---making the current system unsustainable.

Will we be able to mine landfills for recyclable items sometime in the future? Maybe. But would it not make more sense to throw away the "disposable" attitude that society has adopted over the past 40 years?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

And there is always something you have that someone else wants because the world is not a equal playing field.

No matter how you see the world to be, it's your choice and I respect that. I see a new era of peace emerging, where all is in harmony with nature and that's all that matters to me.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

At least 'green' energy doesn't produce tonnes of black smoke as a result of burn coal into our nice blue skies...

I would rather prefer seeing energy in abundance through alternative means than a fast diminishing means of energy such as coal, oil etc, that can only lead to war at the end.

Peace

I have news...even when Lockheed gets the FUSION reactor operating and energy becomes abundant there will still be wars over it. For control of it.

I'm pretty sure we're not "allowed" to have fusion power on Earth. Meethinks Lockheed is just dangling a carrot to secure investors.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

What do you really wanna see in this world, is my question for you? Complaining about the imbalances of how things are doesn't change the world for you.

The world is not a perfect place which we all can agree to, but that doesn't mean we complain about it and expect it to change overnight.

If there is a solution out there that does more good than harm, I don't see a reason not to embrace it. And free energy makes a perfect fit for me.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yes, I agree that complaining does no good. That's why I act. I don't buy products that are "disposable" and do my best to live so as to leave as small a footprint on earth as possible.
I'm not expecting change over night. I've been at this since 1970 when I realized that there is no such thing as free energy. Just like there is no such thing as a free lunch.

Is the energy you expend each day free? The food you eat comes from somewhere, either from local sources which you must purchase with money made from expending your energy or from your garden, in which case you must expend energy to get the source of your energy.

While the sun, wind and water may be "free" to use, the manufacture of machines to convert that energy to a usable product isn't free and isn't sustainable when it rapes the earth, pollutes millions of gallons of fresh water and expends far more energy than will ever be recovered by the devices being manufactured.

What you've been lead to believe about free energy is a pack of lies because it is in no way sustainable to the planet, as I've shown from previous posts. Hard science and mathematics prove the lies but social science perpetuates the magical thinking of free energy. Because we, the citizens of the US, have moved the mining and manufacturing processes to other countries so we don't see all the damages done, we can believe this myth and feel good about ourselves while the damages pile up in nations across the planet from us.

edit on 20-8-2015 by diggindirt because: spelling and clarity

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

We can discuss the do's and don't's, but this alone will not change the fact that the world already is moving towards alternative energy production means.

What maybe a pack of lies to you, is currently taking momentum as we speak world wide.

Help as much as you can to ease the burden on the enviroment. We wouldn't have come this far if it wasn't for mines and factories to begin with, but that doesn't mean we continue with the way things are. It has to start somewhere or all will end up going to war with each other on the last oil reservoirs on this planet.

Peace

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with using solar technology but its not dependable so instead of coal they using gas from fracking which is releasing a lot more methane in the atmosphere, and methane is far better at warming the atmosphere than CO2 link, So Soro's will probably turn the public to favour coal when public learns the truth about fracking. And make a mint in the process.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

Sunlight Energy converted into Microwaves , then Focused into a Particle Beam directed to a Receiving Station at a specific Point on Earth .

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: iDope

Wind Power Technologies Kill Thousands of Birds every Year Including the Protected American Bald Eagle . How do the Environmentalists Feel about that ?

Doesn't matter.... but ooh a few ducks landed on a oilsands tailings pond in northern Alberta, it made worldwide news.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bronco73

You are out of touch of reality.

The oilsands in Canada is considered by most educated folks, an environmental disaster.

There is a lot of truth to this World Rap News skit:

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

At least 'green' energy doesn't produce tonnes of black smoke as a result of burn coal into our nice blue skies...

I would rather prefer seeing energy in abundance through alternative means than a fast diminishing means of energy such as coal, oil etc, that can only lead to war at the end.

Peace

I'm pretty sure we're not "allowed" to have fusion power on Earth. Meethinks Lockheed is just dangling a carrot to secure investors.

Well until we find a way to make it profitable to the "outside investors" wink wink. That and th eoil companies have to agree with them as well if i remember right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join