It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

I assume you know where the fluid is made? Know who is making it and know what they say they are putting in there IS what they are putting in there?

Otherwise you are just being ignorant and trusting what you hear on the TV and read in the propaganda - sorry I mean advertising and government advice.

Sugar, fluoride, aspartame, PFCs - I could carry on. These are all deemed as safe. They've actually had millions more tests done on them than Ecigs.

Confirmation bias, ostrich syndrome... whatever it is. You guys are addicted and you are letting an option that is too good to be true make you feel safe.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: the owlbear
Robot cigarettes are still cigarettes.
Everything in moderation, peeps.

What? Nicotine is nicotine yes.

you just basically said "Boats and cars are the same people." sure they both move you, but no they're not the same.

No.
What I said was robot cigarettes are still cigarettes.
It's more akin to a car being an El Camino versus a Tesla. Both can still run over people, but one puts out less toxins.
Moderation.

edit on 20-8-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to: and14263

Any reputable vape shop in this country will have testing certificates for all the liquids they sell. I run a warehouse for 10 vape shops and we only stock liquids that have been tested so I know exactly what is in them .

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackDog

That's good then. Just like the test certs that come with the steel I buy from China? The ones that promise there is no boron in the steel? When there actually is? And the steel fails and people die? Then there is an investigation into forged tests, fake documents and the evils that come around when people want to make millions of pounds?

Do they test for formaldehyde?

www.nejm.org...

Your warehouse means sh** mate.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

All UK and US e liquid with independent testing done, and none have tested positive for even trace amounts of formaldehyde. You're just rude and ignorant and seem to want to argue for the sake of it.
And I'm certainly not your mate

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Any and all chemicals sold in Germany have to pass incredibly stringent tests.So,yes,I do know what's in the VEGETABLE GLYCERINE and WATER and NICOTINE and indeed the FOOD-GRADE FLAVOURINGS that I use TO MAKE MY OWN E-LIQUID.

What you suggest is similar to saying that a chef doesn't know what's in his food.

Now stop being so blasted ignorant.

I MAKE MY OWN E-LIQUID.

I had to write that again so you can't ignore it.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackDog

Keep lapping it up then.

I really look up to guys like you buddy.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I was unaware people vaporize and inhale their food directly into their lungs.

You see how ridiculous it sounds even mentioning "food grade" now?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

unless they go "pop" in your hand, mouth or pocket DailyMail

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Eric, man... don't be so naive. Stringent? Food colouring? Purchased nicotine liquid?

That's a hornet's nest.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I mean seriously think about what a 95% reduction means in the context of cigarette smoking. Smoking cigarettes is estimated to account for about 9 out of 10 cases of lung cancer. Everyone knows (except a single douche who makes threads on this site often) that smoking cigarettes is extremely deleterious to one's health and well-being.

So you've now reduced that 95%. Okay so two packs a day 40 years lifelong user. That's been reduced to 4 pack-years with the same duration vaping. This is like saying hey I'd rather have a knife wound to the arm than a 50 caliber round to my chest. You know what I'd rather? Opt out of a dangerous situation.

Now is it better to take the knifing instead of the gunshot? Of course. Is it fear mongering to point out that it's still not healthy having metal thrust into your body? Nah, it's simply bringing perspective.

Anyways, you guys have fun with this thread. Truly, congrats to the people who make the transition, and especially the ones who are slowly dropping the nicotine dosage with plans to one day quit entirely.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

The 95% figure is used because they can't say 100% as vaping hasn't been popular long enough for long term data to be gathered , in essence there is no evidence that vaping has any negative effects so it isn't even a knife wound.

For those who are concerned vapers are still addicted to nicotine , well how much coffee do you drink in a day , in the doses used nicotine is no more harmful than caffeine but they are both poisons in high dosage.

There is much ignorance being spouted by those who really don't know what they're talking about , it's sad really but to be expected I suppose.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Those who I know who smoke the Ecigs openly admit their nicotine intake has increased - Because you don't get 'smoked out'. Too many cigs makes you not want more, this doesn't happen as much, if at all with Ecigs.

ALSO - body absorbs 0.1mg nicotine from a 1.2mg cigarette. Nicotine in vapour is far easily absorbed - hence the issues with platelets counts/heart problems.

But who are we in this forum of brainiacs?

If they were strong enough they'd just quit it all.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yea no, that's not correct at all. The 95% figure is because there are harmful chemicals which have known negative side-effects. I posted information earlier in this thread. It would take someone maaaaybe 5 minutes of their time to really look into this, but nobody seems to want to do it.

Blows my freaking mind how everyone jumps on a bandwagon just cause it's cool, or an improvement, or whatever, but take it to extreme's just cause. Absolutely ridiculous.
edit on 20-8-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

That's been my experience as well. I smoked on and off for a decade and never experienced the nicotine addiction effects like I did in the few months I took up e ciggs. It was almost like crack to me, and I can clearly see many people who smoke them puff them nonstop all day long.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've been a 2 pack a day smoker, picked up vaping about 2 years ago, havent looked back since.
There will sometimes be hours when I'm focused on something and not need a hit.
Current setup:
Istick 30W battery, Nautilus Aspire atomizer

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You've clearly never overdosed on nicotine.It causes nausea,which I found out shortly after I started vaping.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Blows my freaking mind how everyone jumps on a bandwagon just cause it's cool

I jumped on the bandwagon because it meant I could stop smoking , within the first couple of weeks I noticed a positive difference in my health.
I researched the subject before I made the switch , the benefits far exceed the perceived risk.

I posted information earlier in this thread. It would take someone maaaaybe 5 minutes of their time to really look into this, but nobody seems to want to do it.

What you posted is like comparing apples with pears.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Then your body builds up a tolerance - so you can take in lots of nicotine without the immediate negative physical effects but it is still damaging in the long term. Like heroin makes you puke the first time.

Thing is, it's a marketing ploy which has cleverly grasped nations exploiting safety, addictions and gadgets (which people love nowadays). Just look at some of the comments on these 'vaping' (buzz word alert) pages:

I have an itaste vv 4. It can go down to .08 ohms up to 15 watts. I’m using the aerotank v 2 and anything over roughly 10 watts is burning my flavor. I used 1.8 and 1.5 ohm coils. Is there a sub ohm tank that is compatible??? (I plan on getting the mvp or higher. But would like to hold off as long as possible before going that high in watts. Once I go mvp my vv 4 just won’t be able to compete.. any help would be appreciated..

Source

Sometimes you just have to open your eyes to all angles, look deep inside yourself and say "OK none of this is good. I've got addiction in me affecting my decisions. I'm going to give my head a shake and change my life for the better by getting of this feel-good bandwagon."

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Sometimes you just have to open your eyes to all angles, look deep inside yourself and say "OK none of this is good. I've got addiction in me affecting my decisions. I'm going to give my head a shake and change my life for the better by getting of this feel-good bandwagon."

Is what this is all about ?
E-cigs are used to break addiction , they give the user control over their nicotine intake.
Feel-good bandwagon

edit on 20-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join