It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

What are you vaping (full set up; mod, tank, coil resistance, preferred wattage and nicotine strength)? I'm betting we can get you a good buzz.

Sub ohm with 24 mg and I would be very surprised if you don't get a buzz (or puke).

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I don't care...those juices are glycol based, and I used to drag a tank of glycol around in the winter to melt ice on the sidewalks.

Besides, people that vape really annoy me. Their "rigs" continue to grow and grow, getting larger each time I see them.

Pretty soon they'll have strobe lights, play music, have wifi and some kind of voice-activated vape assistant.

Oh, and they love to hang out in the smoking area where I work, as if they're trying to "show off" their vape superiority to the "dirty smokers". If you vape, you don't have to hang out in the smoking area guys...

I've watched at least half a dozen people switch to vapes, spend a ton of money on batteries, atomizers and juice...only to eventually go back to cigarettes because remembering to haul cords and batteries and juice around with them became a chore.

I've also never met anyone that switched to vaping that ended up quitting the vape itself.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Pretty soon they'll have strobe lights, play music, have wifi and some kind of voice-activated vape assistant.

This made me laugh, it's true. The technology is increasing at insane levels.

Oh, and they love to hang out in the smoking area where I work

They're probably being polite so that non smokers/vapors aren't uncomfortable. That's what I do. Just because it's not yet illegal to vape in a building doesn't make you any less of an asshole for doing it.

I've watched at least half a dozen people switch to vapes, spend a ton of money on batteries, atomizers and juice...only to eventually go back to cigarettes because remembering to haul cords and batteries and juice around with them became a chore.

I don't have any of these issues. An 18650 mod will last me a long time, and if I'm worried about running out of juice or battery I'll just use a Kayfun. These mild inconveniences are worth it because you no longer smell foul, you can smell, you can taste, it's cheaper, it's safer, it's easy to control the nicotine intake and wean off, and it tastes better.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Here we go with the "it's anti-freeze" argument. Yeah propylene glycol is used in non-toxic antifreeze because it's NON-TOXIC. There was a study where they locked monkeys in a room and pumped it full of PG for TWO solid YEARS and there were no health issues observed. That's why it's GRAS (generally recognized as safe).

Why do you care if they stand in the smoking section? That's a good thing! Maybe they can convert another smoker to switching. Do you honestly believe that's a bad thing? Going from inhaling smoke to inhaling pharmaceutical grade nicotine? Would you think it's bad that someone switched from smoking to using the patch?

There are many people who have quit altogether thanks to ecigs. There are many who started at a higher % nicotine and weaned themselves down to a small %. Of those who don't care about quitting nicotine, so what??

Nicotine does not cause cancer
Nicotine does not cause lung disease
Nicotine is not the boogy man you think it is

If you aren't disgusted and freaked out that people consume caffeine, I don't see what the issue is with nicotine. Other than associating it with smoking tobacco.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Different strokes...

There are all sorts of places outside around my building the people who vape could go, it's not so much that they just sit in the "smoke shack" (it's a glass cube with a door outside behind the building) -- they always rant and rave about their new juice or whatever and never shut up about some new "mod" they added to their ever growing "rig". Pretty soon it'll be a backpack contraption with a mini-particle accelerator...

I can see the wifi, voice activated vapes...

*robot voice* "You are running low on hubba-bubba bubblegum vape juice, would you like to order some more?"

Just give me a pack of American Spirits and a bic...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
the great nicotine myth

Read it. All of it. Then read other articles on the site, like 20% prevalence rule

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BanTv

Yes, this is why I smoke not only all-natural, additive-free American Spirit cigarettes -- but I buy the additive-free, organic tobacco ones.

They don't smell or taste anything like a Camel, Marlboro or Pal Mall. Night and day difference.

EDIT: Damn, now I have to go have one.

edit on 21-8-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Ah so you still smoke. That's cool too. My mom smokes american spirits and think they're healthy too. Tobacco specific nitrosamines (TSNA's) and hundreds of other very toxic carcinogens are still there. Hope you join us one day. For you, for your family and maybe kids? who love you. It's 2015 and we don't have to die from tobacco related illness. It's a reason to get excited man.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I will give you this, they don't use the same "fire safe cigarette" chemicals as all the others

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I'm not saying their "healthy" -- but they're vastly different than those chemical laden ones.

I switched from going through a can of Copenhagen snuff a day to a pack of American Spirit organic cigarettes every 2 days. One can of Copenhagen has the nicotine content of 3 packs of cigarettes.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I only vape once in a great while now 0 nic. Thats after many many years of smoking.

:: lowers head ::
my vape is an evic hooks up to my computer and keeps track of a bunch of neat things.

evic

I almost got one that had a flashlight and mp3 player built in ( I don't own a cell phone )
would have been good company while on my walks at night.

the one I almsot got

I just read mixed reviews about fasttech and didn't want to take a chance.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Maybe buzz is too general a term.

Right now I'm vaping 50mg 50/50 pg/vg with an ego-t battery on medium, homemade tank and coil at 2ohms. After 5 or 6 hits my throat starts to feel uncomfortable without even coming close to what I am after.
edit on 21-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Not even knockin ya bro. I went from a pack of menthols a day to rolling my own because my lungs weren't happy with menthols every 15 minutes. The RYO was better but at some point I got bronchitis and was like...I'm done. I had seen ads for ecigs at the tobacco shop and that's how that started. A few years ago, the devices still weren't great though and there was a lot of fiddling. Went back to smokes multiple times. They are a lot better now though.

Oh and just saying, the nic content doesn't really matter unless you have some heart issues. The main issue with dip and cigs is TSNA's which can cause cancer (among other things). To be frank and honest with you, swedish snus would be much healthier than dip or the american spirits. It's processed to take most carcinogens out, and there's really no cancer risk (negligible %, a few pancreatic cancer cases, no mouth cancer)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

50?!?!?!?!? Nonononono dude. If you must, look into swedish snus. It'll give you that buzz and it's fairly safe. Much safer than smoking at least.

The buzz is not there, you are right. A few reasons for that. No MAOI's, no ammonia and hitting your brain immediately, etc

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I was just answering Domo1's question and, in a round about way, pointing out that nic is not the only thing that some smokers seek.

If it was then the patch and nic laced gum would have higher success rates.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Unless you use pipe or roll your own using American Spirit tobacco, you are still getting pretty much all of the same chemicals in American Spirit as you do with any other brand. And the tars and carbon monoxide from the combustion is still polluting your lungs.

I felt sorta kinda the same way you did in your other post. Couple of points though. Work places force people who vape to stand with the smokers, at least those work places that still allow either on their property. And I'm not one of those anti-smoking ex-smokers, but let me tell you, I still stood away from them because the analogs stink and their smoke makes me cough. i honestly never realized just how bad it was.

As for people spending lots of money and going back to cigarettes? That has been very, very few in my experience, and usually those who don't really care to or aren't ready to commit to switching or quitting. I know a lot of people, dozens, who have switched and stuck with vaping and also switched and quit outright, and extremely few who go back to cigarettes. I could stop now and never do either again, but as I mentioned before, it wasn't about the tobacco or the smoke itself or that kind of an addiction for me. I was more a mouth smoker than lung smoker too.

Switching to vaping to quit is far more effective than pills, gum, patches, and cold turkey.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
So yea I said heck with it and picked up my vape again

still 0 nic ( 70vg/30 pg) but my
evic has Vanilla Butternut
itaste mvp 2.0 shine skull has a mix I made of strawberry and cream and banana
itaste mvp 20w is an RY4 from the place I order from.

Now some say that Diacetyl the butter flavoring which is bad for you. ( butter flavor popcorn and other foods )
But that is the only main nono right now in my ejuice collection. I am still on my, I won't order anymore of this flavor bottle. I have asked the people that made this juice if this had Diacetyle but they were not to sure and had me contact who they get that flavor from. I had contacted them and I was told that back in 2011 they stopped with the Diacetyl.

Either way my lungs
I still stand by smokers rights , I still stand with Vapors rights.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: Domo1

Maybe buzz is too general a term.

Right now I'm vaping 50mg 50/50 pg/vg with an ego-t battery on medium, homemade tank and coil at 2ohms. After 5 or 6 hits my throat starts to feel uncomfortable without even coming close to what I am after.

Geez no wonder. Are you making your own juice? I haven't seen juice offered that high in a long time. People look at me funny for dripping 12mg. I used to smoke American Spirits and it made me sick vaping at 18 mg with a .5 ohm coil at 40 watts.

Have you ever thought about sub ohming or getting a set up with a little more kick? You'll go through juice faster but it's WAY more satisfying at way lower nicotine levels. I've never found those eGos satisfying.

I think the important thing is to find what is satisfying, start there and then slowly start cutting out the nicotine. It makes it easier to get there when you're sub-ohming or pushing way more power (and/or both).

Do you want to try something a little more powerful, a lot more powerful, and if so whats the budget for a mod, atomizer, battery and charger?

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

:: lowers head ::
my vape is an evic hooks up to my computer and keeps track of a bunch of neat things.

::joins you::

I just ordered a VaporShark DNA 200.

One of the best features of the DNA 200 is Escribe. Escribe is a controlling interface software capable of over 93 customizable options. What this means to you is you can finally dial in your perfect vape. There are 8 customizable profiles that allow you to save your settings for a variety of builds ranging from your standard coils to most complex. Lastly, your DNA 200 will always be up to date with USB upgradeable firmware. You asked, we listened, this is the last mod you'll ever need.

It's much worse than it sounds.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I think the important thing is to find what is satisfying, start there and then slowly start cutting out the nicotine. It makes it easier to get there when you're sub-ohming or pushing way more power (and/or both).

Isn't it just a question of strength vs volume? Going through more juice at a lower nic level is the same as going through less juice at a higher nic level.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't that I don't feel the nic but it just isn't what I am after.

I am one of those strange smokers that even when I only smoked it was usually 5 or 6 cigarettes a day. If I had a second cigarette within an hour of the first I didn't get what I was after and it was just a waste.

Like BanTv said, there are other alkaloids in tobacco that are just missing in e-juice no matter what the rig.

edit on 21-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join