It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes around 95% less harmful than tobacco estimates landmark review

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

I think Mayo Clinic might be a bit more reputable than a youtube video. But thats a choice.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: smirkley

Then goto the description and look at all the links.. SMH...

a reply to: Domo1

I am going to sorta not agree with you.. I have been thinking about this since I quit 5 months ago... I think it is from habit that we vape.. That is why some people after dropping to 3mg or 0mg of nic end up stopping vaping also in 12 to 24 months after because the habit just becomes fun and a hobby then...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Actually yeah I agree with you. The habit is one of the hardest things to break. That's one of the reasons I think vaping is such a good cessation method.
edit on 2020150820151 by Domo1 because: Vaping not gaping. No goatsee

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I was a 30 + year smoker. I thought I would look into it. Got a few things to start out, I chose the same nic as my smokes. last smoke I had I threw the empty pack out put the lighter up.

I kept the same habit for a few days. Going out side, after meals, on phone , what ever. Ordered the next bottle of ejuice. .5 nic less . I did this all the way till 0nic which I hit and after a few months of 0 nic I noticed one day that I hadn't picked up my vape in a week or so , puff on it wow battery still works, put it down. I pick it up maybe once every other week now not even that.

I am glad I finally quit smoking. I got others to stop smoking with vaping. They pulled the "Oh it wont work with me, oh I have to have the highest nic , excuses generator Just try it if you can't stop smoking, I'll pay for your vape stuff and take it home."

I have not bought anyone else's vape stuff yet and 70% of them went down to 0 nic and just do it for taste. Instead of snacking on sweets / or bad foods have a vape. Lost weight from that as well. But none of them smoke.

We are not the we once smokes anti smoking people. We are the We Used to smoke we understand you want to but there is an alternative to it.

A vape place opened in my town and I helped out because, they hired a bunch of idiots who didn't know what they were selling and they also had to many people saying negative things were going out about vaping. I showed documents on what chemicals were involved. Got into debates about NO China does not put battery acid in the ejuice. People are more into putting down something they don't understand then trying to understand something that is new to them. A fav ( not really ) of mine is Vaping is only for pot. good god man think before you speak. China makes the stuff it will explode! Yes they make the batteries but guess what the same batteries that you have been buying for god knows how long. Samsung, Sony, etc.

I had a few vaping people come up and tell me they wont buy that Chinese crap they by American only and pull out that Joyetech box and vape. ::: Shake my head, face palm :::

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I have been trying to think about the nic part and concluded that it doesn't matter.. I did try vaping with 0 nic for a week and I only saw a slight increase in vaping.. I went back to 3mg for sh*ts and giggles because I didn't want to vape myself out of house and home.. But after my test I was trying to think well if Nic aint the reason I am vaping then wtf is..

I concluded that the reason most of us vape is because we were smokers.. I also believe we vape because it is the habit of putting crap in your mouth.. because think of this.. Some people when they quit smoking they fix that habit with eating which is why some get overweight(most really). So I decided if I ever do decide to quit vaping I am going to do it till I get bored so I dont pick the food habit up.. But there are so many awesome vapes out there...

a reply to: Pebujesa

HAHA you just said the same thing I did.. Awesome..
edit on 8/20/2015 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Its too bad really, seems the vaping community is rabid venemous polarized in protecting their industry. And it really doesnt have to be that way.

But c'est la vie. It is pointless to me.
edit on 20-8-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

You should watch that 3rd video I posted..
The politics involved in vaping is astounding...

There are alot of people and alot of states losing an ass load of money right now because of vaping.. Because they need people smoking to get the money from the deal they made back in the 90s to say that people can not sue the BT for people getting cancer from smoking.. The problem is they need people to be smoking to cash that check.. less people smoking means no money for the state... They are going to crush the vaping industry I know that.. But you know the awesome part.. These people who made mods and things make it easy for any joe to copy it.. The Ejuice is also simple to make.. They will kill mainstream vaping but they will never truly kill vaping people just like modding cars and pcs.. We will be modding the vaping world..

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Like any other group you'll find hardliners. My impression has been that most of us are aware that vaping is by no means safe, but a far better alternative to other cessation methods or just staying with cigarettes.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
a reply to: sn0rch

Look, I'm done with you. You're not thinking well, and obviously not concerned with the health risks, but for people who care, the info was very, very easy to get at.

Bye felicia.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: smirkley
Its too bad really, seems the vaping community is rabid venemous polarized in protecting their industry. And it really doesnt have to be that way.

Maybe they would be less Venomous if the other side stopped spreading false information.

Don't blame Vaping because kids do it, they did it with smokes to. Guess you blame the car maker for a kid stealing a car and joyriding?

What about the kid nipping into grandmas medicine cabinet, grandpas liqueur cabinet?
blame the company who makes the items or ....

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Like any other group you'll find hardliners. My impression has been that most of us are aware that vaping is by no means safe, but a far better alternative to other cessation methods or just staying with cigarettes.

That's exactly it. The problems being mentioned are insignificant when compared to the overall negatives from smoking normal cigarettes.

I've never once claimed it was safe. I have simply denied the out right ignorance that results in claims like "yeah till ten years from now when they discover it causes cancer" when it would have been revealed by now to do so, given people have been in places that they would absorb far more PG in a few hours than from vaping.

the paranoia gets me. I wish people were educated, and not half arsed about things.

We can find evidence for everything being toxic. Bacon, toast, life...

Conventional smoking needs to be wiped out, if not from a personal perspective, then for how it will leave your family if you were to get cancer and die prematurely.

I cannot believe people would say "Naww, keep smoking cigs.. this stuff might be bad..." when if it was that bad, it would be known after 50 years of being used intravenously, inhaled, ingested... but nah, rather than see the facts as they are, some people prefer to spread half truths and paranoia, and the end result, is I can't legally buy a kit here, I have to buy it online, and I can only buy 3 months worth of juice at a time, or it is impounded by customs and I may get a visit.

it's crap, and people such as those in this thread are the reason why. People who have too much time on their hands that they think they can stick their beaks in MY business, and screw things up for me, when it makes NO difference to them.

Cheers, if it weren't for do gooders, god knows, I would be some sort of free thinking human being and not a slave to the whims of ignorance..
edit on 20-8-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
In the UK they are now talking about the NHS prescribing e cigs to people who are trying to give up smoking.im all for it. Anything that cuts down the damage done by tobacco smoke has to be a good thing and in the long run will save the tax payer millions in treatments for smoke related illnesses. It kills 100,000 a year here. That's a mass killer. www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 20-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I stopped putting PG in mine because it gave me dry skin around my nostrils-I mix my juice with 84% VG and purified water,this means I have to use a little more flavour-I've gone down to 2 mg nicotine because it tastes better with less.

All in all,it's a win for me.S&F.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I've been a smoker for the past 22 years only quitting once for a year cold turkey. I went to to smoke shop to buy roll your own smokes to save money, wasn't even remotely entertaining the vape idea. I spoke with the employee and she was a smoker turned vaper and shared her experience.

I was very apprehensive and for the initial start up, I almost didn't do it. After figuring the math for a good solid machine and the time to make my own, I figured screw it and bought a pair of vapes (me and wife). I smoked my last cig last night apparently...so I've been puffing in the pen on and off for the past two hours.

I'll say that some very positive information was shared in this thread and it gives me hope. It would be awesome for yesterday to be my last day as a slave to the cig.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
They're not safe.

But you guys can keep lapping up the government advice. After all, they're an official source!

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

They're not safe.

They're considerably safer than the alternative.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Carry on inhaling the unknown fluid then.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I know what fluids I'm inhaling , people have been inhaling or ingesting them long before e-cigs were invented.
With tobacco I didn't know what I was inhaling , I know which I prefer.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Vegetable glycerine,water,nicotine,food-grade flavourings.

Now tell me what part of that is unknown.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
cool, i just got one of these E-cigarette and went straight from cigarettes to vaping. i havent had a real cigarette in five weeks and have no craving for one either, also i rarely use the e-cig now, maybe 2-3 puffs on the way to work and home where as when i was smoking it would be four cigarettes on the way there inside an hour and the same for the return.
I did experience some sense of withdrawell at first but i was expecting this from previous times i quit, some aches and paines etc.
also your mouth can get dry and lips may crack if you dont stay hydrated i found, so drinking plenty of water is a must especialy inside the first two weeks while your chemicals rebalance and your body pushes out the toxins you have been killing yourself with.
Down here the publics perception is one of trickery and befuddlement, i had one person threaton to call the police as i was smoking in a public place, i explained the device and she replied "ehh it's one of those dumb smokes" that's right people Australia is at least 5-10 years behind the modern western world.
www.qld.gov.au...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join