It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain opposition to President Obama to me...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
How about Obama tells Israel they should go back to old borders so that palestine mass murderers can wipe them out and take over Israel and Jerusalem.
Obama keeps joking about running for a 3rd term like it is hilarious joke.Guy is being arrogant with the next presidential race.

Obama invites muslim brotherhood to The White House who support terrorism.

Worst deal ever in history for Iran....Iran gets 150 billion dollars for free ....U.S. gets nothing
edit on 18-8-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose
In addition to the taxes and crippling debt and unemployment, add on a change general tone in the US....
-Patriots, veterans, conservatives, and gun owners being called "potential domestic terrorists" by the DHS, and later targeted by the IRS.
-Militarization of police.
-Massive changes to our military including the firing of top generals, restricting Christians and chaplains even going so far as threatening punishment for having a Bible on deployment.
-Race relations seem to have been set back a few decades, started by Obama publicly speaking out about cops arresting a Harvard professor as "acting stupidly." Something which was extremely unprofessional...
-Telling conservatives "get over it, we won" when negotiating Obamacare....one of his campaign promises of course was no back door/closed door dealings, everything would be broadcast on CSPAN and all bills posted online (we all remember "we have to pass it in order to know whats in it"), no insurance companies would be involved, etc...
-Unwilling to say "Islamic extremism" in the face of obvious terrorist attacks on US soil, instead calling such attacks "lone wolves" and "workplace violence." Meanwhile when a white kid shoots a black church he's a representation of a larger problem...
-Telling FBI/NSA and DHS not to focus on Muslims...along with opening up immigration to those from the middle east and telling the Border Patrol to stand down, leaving the southern border wide open, Obama is surely setting the next administration up for a significant attack
Lol...The list of bad thing he has done goes on and on and on. ahha

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
It would probably take less work for you to tell us what he has done that was good.

I think the true damages he caused will start to show soon.

I will start with endless lies, the corporate cronyism ACA and TPP, for $1000 please

Here are 50 good things. Right?

www.washingtonmonthly.com...
edit on 18-8-2015 by Grumble because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Grumble

OMAMA care.

I have pre-existing conditions. But I now own a business. That entrepreneurial effort has been made possible by Obamacare. I was able to quit my job and now employ 7 others and am building wealth and paying taxes. I know that there are always winners and losers, but it is hard for me to see how a plan that so reduces misery and so enables personal security is a bad thing. Plus,

1) more than 90% of the country now have health insurance - an astounding improvement,

2) as a country we are beginning to be our brothers' keepers when it comes to health care, something EVERY other industrialized nation achieved years if not decades ago, and

2) the stuff you hate the most about Obamacare are the parts forced on Obama by the GOP and their insurance industry masters -- we could have had a Canadian system by now and things would have been even better.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

In country that is supposed to be based off the idea of a free market, how is it free to say that the government can punish you for not participating in a market?

That is basically what Obamacare does - It punishes you for not buying something. How is that a free market principle?

Further, when a company knows it has a lock on your business because you MUST buy from it or be punished, what incentive exists for it to make it's product one you can afford. The law says you have to buy it no matter what or face legal repercussion.

Car insurance? Or you don't drive. And don't tell me you can choose not to drive and avoid it. Though technically true, it is not feasible for the vast majority of the population in America.

The GOP wanted to keep the market aspects of it. Go figure, huh?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

On the contrary, I think he has been immeasurably beneficial.

He has been a highly visible paragon of perniciousness and a great example of what not to do as president.

I won't answer all of them, but this is a good example of a worthless response. It presents no facts and makes no supportable claims.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Right now, aprox. one third of the country is not in the workforce. STRUCTURAL CHANGES ANY PRESIDENT WOULD FACE
Record number of people on food stamps. WSJ BEGAN REPORTING ON THE FALL IN THIS NUMBER IN 2014. A RESULT OF THE BUSH RECESSION, IT IS IMPROVING WITH THE OBAMA ECONOMY.
A weak economy. WRONG. MUCH IMPROVED AND GETTING BETTER.
Higher taxes, (thanks obamacare) HIGHER TAXES FOR THE WEALTHIEST, AFTER DECADES OF INCREASINGLY REGRESSIVE TAXATION.
Continued QE to eventually devalue the dollar. THIS IS THE WHAT THE FED DOES, NOT THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH.
A weak foreign policy THIS IS MEANINGLESS UNLESS SUPPORTED BY FACTS. BUT DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE PEACE BETRAYS WEAKNESS? I THINK IT USUALLY SHOWS STRENGTH (AND INTELLIGENCE).
Freeing terrorists NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY THIS. NEEDS FACTS.
Supporting Muslim Brotherhood AGAIN, NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY THIS. NEEDS FACTS.
Creating chaos in Libya OBAMA CREATED THAT CHAOS? IS THE ARAB SPRING ALL HIS FAULT, OR IS IT SOMETHING SET IN MOTION DECADES AGO BY CONFLICTS THAT RESULTED IN 9/11 AND AFGHANISTAN/IRAQ?
Creating chaos in Iran WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
Throwing away billions on failed green energy programs while making it cost prohibited to coal plants THE INVESTMENTS IN GREEN ENERGY HAVE BEEN OVERWHELMINGLY SUCCESSFUL. ULTIMATELY COAL MUST GO AS A PRIMARY ENERGY SOURCE.
TPP HOLD THE PRESSES, I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS ONE.
NDAA YOU ARE AGAINST FUNDING THE DEFENSE DEPARTMENT?
TSA WHAT DO YOU MEAN? INSTITUTED DURING BUSH YEARS, RIGHT?
DHS SAME AS ABOVE.
NSA spying SAME AS ABOVE. I SUPPOSE YOU CAN BLAME OBAMA FOR NOT STOPPING IT (I DO), BUT IF SO THEN YOU ARE BLAMING HIM FOR SUPPORTING A REPUBLICAN POLICY, RIGHT?
Free speech zones for protestors BULL# FOR SURE, BUT NOT OBAMA'S DOING.
Inciting riots in Ferguson and Florida RIDICULOUS.
Fast & Furious PRETEND SCANDAL.
Benghazi PRETEND SCANDAL.
Spending one billion dollars on a failed Obamacare website YES, THAT IS A SCANDAL. AGREEMENT #2.
Drone attacks on American citizens YES, THIS IS AWFUL, AGREEMENT #3.

That's just off the top of my head.

Replies in CAPS above.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

I think there is more than a little truth to this. But it makes me respect him, not hate him.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
His propensity to weigh in on law enforcement issues before all the facts are known thus adding to the national tension over those issues. He has done that constantly beginning with "beer summit."

Yeah, I get that, but then when he is silent he gets criticized for not being present. I think all future presidents will remember the lesson of Bush and Katrina. Being wrong is bad, but not showing up is unforgivable.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Right now, aprox. one third of the country is not in the workforce.
Record number of people on food stamps.
A weak economy.
Higher taxes, (thanks obamacare)
Continued QE to eventually devalue the dollar.
A weak foreign policy
Freeing terrorists
Supporting Muslim Brotherhood
Creating chaos in Libya
Creating chaos in Iran
Throwing away billions on failed green energy programs while making it cost prohibited to coal plants
TPP
NDAA
TSA
DHS
NSA spying
Free speech zones for protestors
Inciting riots in Ferguson and Florida
Fast & Furious
Benghazi
Spending one billion dollars on a failed Obamacare website
Drone attacks on American citizens

That's just off the top of my head.

Hey Beezer, you know all that stuff is just America eh? It's not your president that does that, its your country. Well, the guys behind the curtain. Take your free speech zone for example

Though free speech zones existed prior to the Presidency of George W. Bush, it was during Bush's presidency that their scope was greatly expanded.[3] These zones have continued through the presidency of Barack Obama; he signed a bill in 2012 that expanded the power of the Secret Service to restrict speech and make arrests.[4]

So you see? # happens, the momentum gets rolling with an agenda, and whomever becomes president just carries it on. It's not them doing it, it's ...idk some facked up weird thing that happens with...you guys. The States. The country splits in the middle, the finger pointing starts and everyone just complains about the new president.

How about really looking at what Obama did?
pleasecutthecrap.com...

And then figure out a way to stop presidents from getting hypnotized while in office.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

Can we at least all agree to let Obama be our last racist president?

I don't even know what this means. He thinks his race is superior to yours (definition of racism)? Or do you mean he acknowledges the role of racism and bigotry in American institutions, and that makes you uncomfortable? Perhaps you should do a little more research on the history of this country and grow some empathy.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

Questioning the president's policies which have nothing to do with race will get someone called a racist but, calling that very same someone who makes policy based on race a racist requires a preponderance of evidence? Additional proof?

I really don't understand how you cannot see that race politics is a losing proposition, let's stop it. Obama does it but, he could be the last.

First paragraph: straw man fallacy.

Second paragraph: Saying we should drop race as an issue is sort of like being the big dog and stealing all the little dogs' food, then saying "hey little dogs, I promise not to steal any more food, so we should look past our relative sizes and accept that we are all equal now."

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grumble

2) the stuff you hate the most about Obamacare are the parts forced on Obama by the GOP and their insurance industry masters -- we could have had a Canadian system by now and things would have been even better.

Yet zero Republicans in the Senate and House voted in favor of the PPACA.

How do you explain that phenomenon?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

OMAMA care.

The GOP has ZERO responsibility or input in Obamacare.
ZERO- get it?

Obama CHOSE this ridiculous Obamacare system so that he, OBAMA, could funnel, YOUR MONEY to his friends in the insurance industry, whose share price soared since Obamacare passed.

Glad your condition is covered but don't believe for a second Obama cared any about people.

It was and is all about payback to friends

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose
In addition to the taxes and crippling debt and unemployment, add on a change general tone in the US....
-Patriots, veterans, conservatives, and gun owners being called "potential domestic terrorists" by the DHS, and later targeted by the IRS. ARE THEY NOT POTENTIAL TERRORISTS? WERE THE CONFEDERATES TERRORISTS? ARMED AND VOWING TO COMMIT TREASON SORT OF PAINTS YOU INTO THAT BOX.
-Militarization of police. AGREED, THOUGH THIS STARTED WAY BEFORE OBAMA.
-Massive changes to our military including the firing of top generals, restricting Christians and chaplains even going so far as threatening punishment for having a Bible on deployment. NOT TRUE. FOXY PROPAGANDA.
-Race relations seem to have been set back a few decades, started by Obama publicly speaking out about cops arresting a Harvard professor as "acting stupidly." Something which was extremely unprofessional... RACE RELATIONS WERE SET BACK AS SOON AS THE N----- WAS ELECTED PRESIDENT (IN THE MINDS OF THE BIGOTS WHO HATE HIM FOR HIS COLOR).
-Telling conservatives "get over it, we won" when negotiating Obamacare....one of his campaign promises of course was no back door/closed door dealings, everything would be broadcast on CSPAN and all bills posted online (we all remember "we have to pass it in order to know whats in it"), no insurance companies would be involved, etc... SURE, AND THE GOP DECIDED FROM DAY ONE TO OPPOSE HIM ON LITERALLY EVERYTHING NO MATTER WHAT, THUS COMPLETELY ABANDONING THEIR OWN NEGOTIATING POSITION AND RENDERING THEMSELVES IRRELEVANT TO ANY REAL POLICY DISCUSSION. IF ANYTHING HE SHOULD HAVE SHUT THEM OUT EVEN MORE.
-Unwilling to say "Islamic extremism" in the face of obvious terrorist attacks on US soil, instead calling such attacks "lone wolves" and "workplace violence." Meanwhile when a white kid shoots a black church he's a representation of a larger problem... AGREED. AND I ALSO THINK WE SHOULD LABEL "CHRISTIAN" EXTREMISM FOR WHAT IT IS -- DANGEROUS FUNDAMENTALIST TERRORISM. ANY RELIGION IS A POTENTIAL SOURCE OF EXTREMISM.
-Telling FBI/NSA and DHS not to focus on Muslims...along with opening up immigration to those from the middle east and telling the Border Patrol to stand down, leaving the southern border wide open, Obama is surely setting the next administration up for a significant attack THIS IS JUST NOT TRUE. NOT ANY OF IT.

Replies in CAPS.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
How about Obama tells Israel they should go back to old borders so that palestine mass murderers can wipe them out and take over Israel and Jerusalem.
Obama keeps joking about running for a 3rd term like it is hilarious joke.Guy is being arrogant with the next presidential race.

Obama invites muslim brotherhood to The White House who support terrorism.

Worst deal ever in history for Iran....Iran gets 150 billion dollars for free ....U.S. gets nothing

Thanks for the official response from the Likud party.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

On the contrary, I think he has been immeasurably beneficial.

He has been a highly visible paragon of perniciousness and a great example of what not to do as president.

I won't answer all of them, but this is a good example of a worthless response. It presents no facts and makes no supportable claims.

You did ask.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yet zero Republicans in the Senate and House voted in favor of the PPACA.

How do you explain that phenomenon?

Of course they voted against it, but there had to be a bill that could pass even with a D majority in the house and a lack of super majority in the senate, which meant it had to be a much more moderate plan.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

OMAMA care.

The GOP has ZERO responsibility or input in Obamacare.
ZERO- get it?

Obama CHOSE this ridiculous Obamacare system so that he, OBAMA, could funnel, YOUR MONEY to his friends in the insurance industry, whose share price soared since Obamacare passed.

Glad your condition is covered but don't believe for a second Obama cared any about people.

It was and is all about payback to friends

It was a Heritage Foundation plan which became Romneycare first, so there may be a few GOP fingers in that pie, don't you think?

Here's the reality: if the Democrats had a solid super majority in the senate and a heavy majority in the house we would have a single payer system right now. Obamacare was a compromise with conservatives, THEN the conservatives set about washing their hands of it and demonizing it.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Of course they voted against it, but there had to be a bill that could pass even with a D majority in the house and a lack of super majority in the senate, which meant it had to be a much more moderate plan.

Then it is 100% Obama/Democrat owned.

The Democrats killed off the Public Option remember.

They are all responsible for all the delays and failures so far.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join