It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain opposition to President Obama to me...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
a reply to: Grumble

I think you may be suffering from the ostrich effect

Meaning what? Do you have anything to add, or are you just playing the "if I say Obama sucks these guys will accept me into their club" game?

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ljubljana777

I can only stand and applaud this response. Bravo, ma'am or sir. Well said.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I am still waiting for a persuasive response to my original post:

"Specifically, I keep hearing conservatives say Obama has destroyed America, has ruined our country, or something like that. Please explain to me specifically what has been destroyed and how President Obama has caused that to happen. I am not looking for hatred or unsupported opinions, but specifics and logical arguments. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Because he tries to put on a front of social reform when in reality this nation is headed for the worst financial crisis in modern history.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This was pretty interesting. As a minor, I never clearly hear what Obama did, just that he sucks. Glad you brought this topic up

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Leave your stupid insults out of the conversation. So, in your mind after 8 years of OBAMA policies it is still the fault of Bush... wow... Not to mention the "aid in millions and even billions of dollars" he is giving to other nations when that money has been needed here?... Riiight, it is the fault of Bush... Obama is viewed by quite a few in the left as a god...

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I don't see why not. Obama has been blamed for the 2008 recession. The thing is that he didn't take the reins until Jan. 2009.

Oops.

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The man began spending like no other President since day one... Meanwhile the entire nation knew we were in an economic crisis. He spent $150 USD millions in his inauguration, and in comparison George Bush' inauguration in 2005 was $42.3 million.

Since he got in office, he has been spending, spending, spending... Meanwhile the nation and it's economy was in trouble... But hey, it is the fault of Bush...

edit on 20-8-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

The man began spending like no other President since day one... Meanwhile the entire nation knew we were in an economic crisis. He spent $150 USD millions in his inauguration, and in comparison George Bush' inauguration in 2005 was $42.3 million.

Irrelevant.

Since he got in office, he has been spending, spending, spending... Meanwhile the nation and it's economy was in trouble...

Kinda hard to feed the people when the plate was left bare.

But hey, it is the fault of Bush...

I glad you finally recognize that.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Who will you blame when there's a republican president?

Obama?

(laughs. . . good naturely, of course)

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Leave your stupid insults out of the conversation. So, in your mind after 8 years of OBAMA policies it is still the fault of Bush... wow... Not to mention the "aid in millions and even billions of dollars" he is giving to other nations when that money has been needed here?... Riiight, it is the fault of Bush... Obama is viewed by quite a few in the left as a god...

Bush made big mistakes. So did Slick Willy. So did GHW and Ronny Raygun. Blaming the current guy in office for everything is just plain dumb. If you are angry about your life at least try to figure out why it is like it is, and I will give you a hint, the blame will be shared by multiple administrations, exec/congress/courts, federal/state/local, etc. Oh, and maybe your own decisions, who you were born to, and pure (good or bad) luck. The idea that Obama is to blame for everything is ridiculous and betrays a desire on the part of many to project hatred for some reason. But, yeah, W. gets blamed a lot, because W. really, really screwed things up pretty badly. He was an exceptionally bad president, and history will judge him as such.

By the way, Obama did not invent foreign aid, and foreign aid is a relatively small amount that returns many times what we spend on it and is important in many intangible ways, but it makes a good issue to scapegoat to people who don't bother to understand the way things work.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auxiliatrix
This was pretty interesting. As a minor, I never clearly hear what Obama did, just that he sucks. Glad you brought this topic up

Thanks. Sort of what I was hoping for.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Since he got in office, he has been spending, spending, spending... Meanwhile the nation and it's economy was in trouble... But hey, it is the fault of Bush...

Ok, this is not intended as an insult, but clearly you just don't know what is going on. There is no shame in that, so long as you have an open mind and are prepared to learn.

Economic crises and recessions are generally caused by lack of demand. So when the economy is doing poorly, the LAST thing you want to do is slow spending. Let's say that instead of passing a stimulus package and pumping federal money into the economy, Obama had said we have to take care of the deficit first. So federal spending would have been reduced, which would have reduced overall demand for goods and services in the economy, which would have slowed things down even more, which would have caused tax revenues to fall even more, which would have created more deficit spending, and so on. So, paradoxically spending more money in that circumstance actually saves you money in the long run, and that is because the economy responds to the stimulus you give it, and the tax revenues depend on the economy, and falling tax revenues cause balloon deficits like we saw in 2009-2010. So at the point Obama walked in we had two choices - big deficits or REALLY big deficits. Obama chose big (smaller) deficits.

Now the question you have to ask yourself is why the GOP demonized him over the deficits. Clearly they are smart enough to know, or at least can hire economists to tell them, exactly what I just told you. But the health of the country didn't matter to them, did it? All that mattered to them was convincing people like you that Obama was hurting the country. So they sort of committed economic treason to make him look bad, and almost all credible economists agree that we could have rebounded more quickly from the recession if we could have passed MORE stimulus and spent MORE money. So really the GOP did a great deal of damage that lowered the collective wealth of this country forever.

By the way, the inauguration spending is pocket change. Overall we are talking about $trillions. Putting it in perspective, it's like you making $50,000 per year and getting all upset because you lost one dollar.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Obama?

I would blame him for something that is his fault. Anyone who wouldn't do that is dishonest, and their comments should be ignored. Regardless of which team they are on.

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Obama?

I put blame where it is deserved. Obama has been pretty bland. W the War on Terror. Bubba unleashed the largest bombardment by US forces since WW2 in the Balkans. Obama has focused on internal issues. People don't like that. See Carter.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join