It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain opposition to President Obama to me...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

originally posted by: Grumble

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: Grumble

On the contrary, I think he has been immeasurably beneficial.

He has been a highly visible paragon of perniciousness and a great example of what not to do as president.

I won't answer all of them, but this is a good example of a worthless response. It presents no facts and makes no supportable claims.

You did ask.

I asked like this: "I am not looking for hatred or unsupported opinions, but specifics and logical arguments."

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What did a "Super Majority" have to do with the ACA passing?

The Senate got the 60 votes (58 Democrat, 2 independent) needed to get it to Obama's signature.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The only problem I have with Obama is that he isn't very funny. TV was good during W but Bubba was KING.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Regardless to whether or not each individual president actually "did" anything, they get the fame and they get the blame.

Each one wanted the Big Chair.

They get what they deserve.

When a weak, ineffectual republican gets into office, he or she, will also get all the scorn attached to the job.

I know Obama and his fan-boyz have been blaming Bush for 7 years. But that doesn't mean that the next president will get away with blaming Obama.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You just wait for the hate if Trump gets in. Or Clinton. Or...

eta:

been reading up on how much was lost in renewable energy loans. Only 2b and it's really not a lot. 5 companies went tits up but there's still 20 holding out strong. Tesla paid back their loan early and the gov has raked in 3b and 800 mil in interest. Rocky start but things are coming together.
edit on 18-8-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

How many homeless shelters could have been built for 2 billion?

Instead,, it went to cronies.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

hold on. Rumsfeld lost 2 trillion. Just *poof*. Like I said, there's 20 companies holding out strong. The states is looking to earn a surplus in this, not a deficit. The media and republicans are just needling 5 companies that went broke as leverage but it's really nothing.

eta:

About your homeless question. Well here:

Signed the Democratic-sponsored and passed Helping Families Save Their Homes Act, expanding on the Making Home Affordable Program to help millions of Americans avoid preventable foreclosures. The bill also provided $2.2 billion to help combat homelessness, and to stabilize the housing market. http://(link tracking not allowed)/eEpLFn

He gave it the office man. From the link I provided to you, I just typed homeless in the search. C'mon man...
edit on 18-8-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Please explain opposition to President Obama to me...

• He's 'black' -- clearly mixed race, but nevertheless "black" for skin colour obsessed xenophobes.

• He can orate -- relatively speaking / compared to recent past presidents; thus the dullard masses of the U.S., especially conservatives, feel threatened by him.

• He's relatively charismatic -- again, an anathema to conservative values.

• He has tenuous Islamic connections -- re. his Indonesian upbringing; even the loosest ties scare the fear-ingrained, jingoistic yañ'kee.

• He's not fundamentalist Christian enough -- his "God" association isn't sponsored by the Christian brand to the extent deemed necessary by the religio-retarded conservative.

• His reforms aren't as Wall Street / money junkie / "Greed is good." centric as conservatives would like -- see: capitalism.

• He does not war monger enough -- he's more a passive war monger than an open war hawk, à la the Bush dynasty.

• The current conservative crop cannot hold a candle to Obama, thus rendering the former's 2016 candidates dead in utero -- Hilary has won by default, thanks to Obama and the legacy of George W..

• Obama is more an 'inclusive' president than an exclusive one -- something that flies in the face of conservative prejudices.

• ...and so on.

edit on 18-8-2015 by PresidentHeston because: formatting

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I'm only going by the amount I see coming into our hospitals.

Look, you think he's awesome.

I get that.

I think he's a narcissistic jerk-face.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I don't think he's awesome. And he is narcissistic, all presidents are otherwise they would never take the job. Don't get mad, I'm just pointing out he's done more than what people are claiming

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Musolinni made the trains run on time also.

Just sayin'

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Just sayin'

That has absolutely no meaning. When you have lost, just shut up and take it gracefully.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

What did a "Super Majority" have to do with the ACA passing?

The Senate got the 60 votes (58 Democrat, 2 independent) needed to get it to Obama's signature.

Yes, but the House had to pass the Senate version because in the interim Scott Brown replaced the late Sen. Kennedy, which made it 59 D votes in the Senate. The House, which had barely passed the bill the first time did so, then they had to rely on reconciliation in the Senate, which was also a narrow victory. Bottom line, they barely pulled it through, and no doubt in both chambers the more conservative Democrats who were under threat in their districts and states ensured that the bill be a compromise at least somewhat acceptable to conservatives in general. This was no slam dunk, and because of that, it is a compromise. The bill was crafted to pass with some conservative votes.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

What Conservative votes?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Just sayin'

That has absolutely no meaning. When you have lost, just shut up and take it gracefully.

Just because you fail in comprehension, it does not obligate me to use smaller words for your understanding.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He probably hasn't screwed up your country at all but he and Bush/Clinton have completely debased western civilization in general and the US in particular. The specifics of the betrayal are too numerous to list - cyberspace can't possibly contain them all.
edit on 18-8-2015 by catbird because: mistake

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

He overturned the Smith-Mundt Act and the forum relations act in order to give powers to the state relations and pentagon in order to remove checks and balances within the news sources. So the government can get a story published without having to go through multiple sources and it can basically go through without being questioned, since it is a government fact that they want to lead you to believe is true.

Thus the Government has nearly a full fistful up your arsewhole with propaganda, not only in MSM, but also in video games, movies, paper news, blogs, everything commercial. So ya. It is Nazi/Soviet propaganda on another level. I would post a 20 page essay I wrote on propaganda and it's uses on this site but it is not allow according to the T&C how propaganda has evolved throughout the last 100 years.
edit on 19-8-2015 by iDope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Lots of things. obamacare, debt increasing from $10 trillions to $18 trillions, open borders allowing minors who are criminals to be let into the country as long as they are illegal immigrants, socializing the first American car maker, and having the gall to tell them what sort of cars they should be building...

There is more, but i just suddenly got depressed by typing the above... I wonder why?

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

He ordered a deadly drone strike on an American citizen without a proper trial. After he did that all bets are off …

posted on Aug, 19 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
You have to understand that Obama is the first completely owned and created POTUS that was installed into power and never did anything on his own to get where he is. He's been nurtured and helped his whole life and is just a complete phony. His academic accomplishments are fake, his background is a mystery or has been secretly covered up, his political career has been very carefully staged. We've had others who have had help getting where they are( Bush 43) or have been compromised and controlled once they got there( Clintons), but Obama is owned outright by the puppet masters. He's the literal empty suit, the cardboard cutout, the wax dummy they put in front of the cameras. So anything and everything he does is suspect in that he has zero personal input in any of his decision making. I'm glad he was less of a salesman than was hoped for and his mediocrity in intelligence and personality flaws have hindered his pushing his anti US agenda. But now he's just ruling by edict and we're letting the stooge get away with it. The whole government is compromised which goes back to the fact that both parties are working together and are controlled by the same puppet masters. That's the only way his idiotic plans go unchallenged and voted down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join