It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please explain opposition to President Obama to me...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Specifically, I keep hearing conservatives say Obama has destroyed America, has ruined our country, or something like that. Please explain to me specifically what has been destroyed and how President Obama has caused that to happen. I am not looking for hatred or unsupported opinions, but specifics and logical arguments. Thank you.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It would probably take less work for you to tell us what he has done that was good.

I think the true damages he caused will start to show soon.

I will start with endless lies, the corporate cronyism ACA and TPP, for $1000 please

edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: Edit

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grumble

OMAMA care.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

In country that is supposed to be based off the idea of a free market, how is it free to say that the government can punish you for not participating in a market?

That is basically what Obamacare does - It punishes you for not buying something. How is that a free market principle?

Further, when a company knows it has a lock on your business because you MUST buy from it or be punished, what incentive exists for it to make it's product one you can afford. The law says you have to buy it no matter what or face legal repercussion.

edit on 16-8-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Why don't you give us a list of all the great thing you think he has done. 8 years of playing golf and going on vacations and making executive orders playing the Tourney brackets and letting all the CHAMPS visit the WH, just awesome.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

On the contrary, I think he has been immeasurably beneficial.

He has been a highly visible paragon of perniciousness and a great example of what not to do as president.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

How about you list off campaign promises obama made that he has kept.

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Right now, aprox. one third of the country is not in the workforce.
Record number of people on food stamps.
A weak economy.
Higher taxes, (thanks obamacare)
Continued QE to eventually devalue the dollar.
A weak foreign policy
Freeing terrorists
Supporting Muslim Brotherhood
Creating chaos in Libya
Creating chaos in Iran
Throwing away billions on failed green energy programs while making it cost prohibited to coal plants
TPP
NDAA
TSA
DHS
NSA spying
Free speech zones for protestors
Inciting riots in Ferguson and Florida
Fast & Furious
Benghazi
Spending one billion dollars on a failed Obamacare website
Drone attacks on American citizens

That's just off the top of my head.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think the OP is a plant for conservatives. If I wanted to make Obama look bad I would pose a question just like he did.

edit on 2015/8/16 by Metallicus because: clarity

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

How about you list off campaign promises obama made that he has kept.

45% of the 500 promises made during the 08 and 12 campaigns has been kept and 24% he compromised on. So you could say he has kept 69% of his promises. One of the most recent was the repeal of the Defense of Marriage act.
Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Obama

“I believe that marriage is the union between a man and a woman. Now, for me as a Christian — for me — for me as a Christian, it is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.” - April 17, 2008, while running for president, defining marriage at the Saddleback Presidential Forum.

Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   

The quantity means nothing.

It's the quality and lack of that makes the impacts on the majority of citizens.

Start over.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"Now let me be clear…"

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I don't think anyone should have to take time to show the topics to you. Go to youtube and watch Donald Trump, lately he has talked about many Obama topics, hell currently he's the Bill Nye of Obama topics currently.....lol......rofl.....

This ones 4 years old LOL....

Those are my freebies..... Don't fall for the illusion, damn to all the parties, for none truly serve the people anymore in this country........

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'll try and give you a more interesting conspiracy-oriented perspective than the inevitable conservative diarrhea you're going to get assaulted with here:

When Obama was first rising to power, there was a thread on ATS - unfortunately for the life of me I can't find it anymore - that suggested there was some sort of secret meeting among "the elites" who expressed grave concerns about his sudden emergence.

The reason they were apparently so worried according to the article was because of his ego. To make a long story short - the idea was that (as most of us already agree) politicians are generally just puppets that toe the line for this upper class. Whether they are bought and paid for, blackmailed, whatever, the point is they are very much under someone else's thumb. But there were apparently private fears that Obama would not fall into line because all the hype about him being the first black president, the "savior", etc, would motivate him personally more than any of these behind-the-scenes pressures and influences.

I'm still a massive cynic when it comes to politics, so I'm not saying this is indeed what happened, but that thread has always stuck with me in light of all the venom and obstruction we've seen pointed his way for the last 7 years. A lot of it makes sense - the first thing you usually hear among the whiners is references to his massive ego anyway.

So to answer your question more bluntly: the overwhelming mass of criticisms you've mentioned are nothing but mindless talking points coming from mindless people. I'm not even defending Obama - I think there are many legitimate reasons to criticize him, but the majority of ones you find here are just worthless empty rhetoric. That's why the above "conspiracy" intrigues me so much - because it does lend credence to the idea he has some very fierce opposition within the establishment, people who've planted this hyperbole in desperate attempts to derail him since they can't seem to control him.

That's why I'm also very interested to see how the end of his last term goes: for the most part he's been too timid and weak to fight this pushback so far, resulting in half-assed policies that invite scorn from both left and right. But as he's getting closer to retirement it feel likes he's also giving less and less of a crap about such politics and just riding his ego - which is NOT necessarily a bad thing. If that's what motivates him, you'd think he wants to leave a legacy of living up to his original hype. This means implementing policies that are actually pro-people and anti-establishment. We'll see what happens...but the idiotic establishment hyperbole will continue one way or the other, I can guarantee you that much. It says much more about the people (sheeple) spewing it than it does about Obama.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Some of that congress has some hands in, both the new and old.
Mainly the TPP/NDAA.
And some opinions.
Also carry over from the previous guy.

Obama does suck tho.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Some of that congress has some hands in, both the new and old.
Mainly the TPP/NDAA.
And some opinions.
Also carry over from the previous guy.

Obama does suck tho.

He signed them into law.

He has the power of a veto.

He wanted the big Chair, he gets to take responsibility.

Or do we get to absolve Bush of any guilt because of a democrat-majority congress his last 2 years?

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

"Two years ago, I criticized the Secretary of State for the firing of U.S. Ambassador to Armenia, John Evans, after he properly used the term 'genocide' to describe Turkey's slaughter of thousands of Armenians starting in 1915. … as President I will recognize the Armenian Genocide."

Broken promise. Right at the top.

Pandering to get votes and not delivering.

It's what politicians do.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   

No I agree, just saying that they have to get to his desk first.

So congress needs to get some blame for offering it up to him.

Also agree that the past democrat-majority congresses have sucked as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grumble
Specifically, I keep hearing conservatives say Obama has destroyed America, has ruined our country, or something like that. Please explain to me specifically what has been destroyed and how President Obama has caused that to happen. I am not looking for hatred or unsupported opinions, but specifics and logical arguments. Thank you.

Its not just conservatives anymore, Dems , Libs , people in other countries, you name it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join