It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could abortion be considered a double standard?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: pianoasis

Why do people plan for and have children? I'll tell you why, for the most purely selfish reason; because they WANT them.

They want them for social status. They want them to project themselves into and onto. They want little copies of themselves running around. They want someone to love and someone to love them back. They don't want to be alone in old age.

Why do people choose NOT to have children? Purely selfish reasons, they don't WANT them.

Yes. Having a child is pure selfishness. There is not one unselfish reason to have a child. To bring another innocent being into this ridiculous world.

Not having a child, or preventing another birth can be unselfish. If you already have children --- it can be an unselfish act not to take away from them and providing their needs. I know.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: JuJuBee
usually, the babies born with only have a brain only get to enjoy a few hours of agonizing pain because they aren't able to survive...
which kind of makes me wonder, who's selfish here, mothers who don't wish to see a baby suffer like that, or a bunch of people who seem to want to use the issue to feel morally superior?

Wow....how lopsided your "theory" is. So, are you telling me, the baby is laughing, when they're sucking the baby, PIECE BY PIECE, from the mother's womb? Oh, you must believe the baby feels no pain, until after it comes out of the woman's vagina? Is that what your brainwashed to believe?

You should really go back and RETHINK your morality!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordofthesheep
he is forced into the womens decision regardless of his own beliefs or viewpoint

But he is not forced to create an unwanted baby in the first place. Where's his responsibility for preventing this from happening TO HIMSELF? He could have prevented it, yet he didn't.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Viability outside the womb is dependent upon the current state of technology, which has advanced through time.

Not really. If a fetus' lungs are undeveloped, there's not much medical science can do to push air through them.

Yep. That's the current state.[assuming it's done at an early enough stage of development] Given that, you know the outcome of the act.

If a single father didn't feed his infant and the child died, would you support his defense of "Your Honor, it's not like I locked the cabinets and fridge. Not my fault he couldn't survive on his own"?

That's not an equitable comparison. Anyone who purposely, or through neglect, allows an otherwise healthy (born) child to die would be prosecuted.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: JuJuBee
And what say you about Stephen Hawking?

Interesting you should mention that... As you've been told, Stephen Hawking developed Lou Gehrig's disease.

Neuralstem, Inc. announced that it has received approval from the Food and Drug Administration to expand an amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease) Phase II study to the University of Michigan.

The stem cells used in the study come from spinal cord tissue taken from a healthy, 8-week-old aborted baby.

Source
Ok. OK....bad example, with Hawking. I thought he was naturally born mentally retarded. lmfao But still, there are people, born with disabilities, that have done great things.

Stevie Wonder One of the most beloved singers alive today, Stevie Wonder is a musician, singer and songwriter who was born blind. He was born six weeks early. The blood vessels at the back of his eyes had not yet reached the front and aborted their growth, hence his blindness.
Besides that, what gives a person the right to decide whether another person should live or die??? Make no mistake about it, abortion is the killing of another human life. People b!tch and complain about "animal cruelty", but when it comes to abortion, it's a "woman's right to choose"? Who's writing these scripts of morality, the LGBT?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Viability outside the womb is dependent upon the current state of technology, which has advanced through time.

Not really. If a fetus' lungs are undeveloped, there's not much medical science can do to push air through them.

Yep. That's the current state.[assuming it's done at an early enough stage of development] Given that, you know the outcome of the act.

If a single father didn't feed his infant and the child died, would you support his defense of "Your Honor, it's not like I locked the cabinets and fridge. Not my fault he couldn't survive on his own"?

That's not an equitable comparison. Anyone who purposely, or through neglect, allows an otherwise healthy (born) child to die would be prosecuted.

But a woman can LEGALLY kill the life that's inside of her? DOES THE BABY'S HEART BEAT????????????

ARE WE REALLY DEBATING THIS ISSUE?????????

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Who's writing these scripts of morality, the LGBT?

I don't think so.

Now I don't want to be seen to be making sweeping generalisations here nor do I want to appear prejudiced but I think I am right in saying that it is predominantly straight folk that are having abortions.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'll put this is big bold letters: THE ONLY TIME A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE, IS IF HER LIFE IS IN DANGER FROM HAVING THE BABY. When a child is conceived, there is NO GUARANTEE the child will be born "healthy". THAT'S THE RISK YOU TAKE! Life is not a walk in the park. If that's what you believe, you should go to the dr and get it snipped. Raising a child will not be for you! Simple!

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ComplexCassandra

I don't think so.

Now I don't want to be seen to be making sweeping generalisations here nor do I want to appear prejudiced but I think I am right in saying that it is predominantly straight folk that are having abortions.
Dig deeper. You'll see planned parenthood and LGBT are connected in some way. THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED, by the same group of "elite". Look at the pattern. Same script, different scene of that script.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ComplexCassandra

I don't think so.

Dig deeper. You'll see planned parenthood and LGBT are connected in some way. THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED, by the same group of "elite". Look at the pattern. Same script, different scene of that script.

So if I dig deeper I will find evidence of lesbians, gays, bisexual and transgendered people having abortions in their droves? This sounds intriguing. Do you have any links where I could start my research?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Women's Centers Late Term Abortion Care: Women should not have to undergo the emotional, psychological, physical, or emotional stress that is involved with having to go through a full term delivery if the fetus is diagnosed with a fetal abnormality or an increase risk to her life or health. The Women's Center's approach is for the patient to have a miscarriage which is 1/6 to 1/3 the size in weight of a normal pregnancy. At the Women's Centers, the Fetal Indication Pregnancy Termination Program consists of inducing labor and delivery of a stillborn fetus. Priming of the cervix (opening and softening) will be initiated with the Physician's discretion using either Misoprostol and or Laminaria. Labor will be induced by continuing to use Misoprostol, or beginning an IV infusion of Oxytocin (Pitocin). The fetal heart is generally stopped on the first day of the process via an injection of medications called digoxin and potassium chloride into the fetal heart, Intramuscularly, or injected into the amniotic fluid (sac around the fetus). Cervical priming of the cervix (opening and softening) can be started on an outpatient basis and the labor and delivery process takes place in our offices. Patients are usually able to travel home or to their hotels within 45 minutes to an hour after delivery.

www.womenscenter.com...

this sounds like a relatively pain free way, and well a person wants to be sure, they can always ask the doctor to give some pain medications to the baby....

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Following Outrage, Georgia Drops Anti-Choice Murder Charges

I figured I would give you a Pro-Choice source so that you would at least read it. Given this example, and following the letter of the law as this judge did... when my 8 month pregnant wife stood in front of me pointing a knife at her belly screaming "I'll kill this little MFer right now", she very well could have without facing any criminal charges... had she lived.

Do you think that's right?

edit on 17-8-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I'll put this is big bold letters: THE ONLY TIME A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE, IS IF HER LIFE IS IN DANGER FROM HAVING THE BABY. When a child is conceived, there is NO GUARANTEE the child will be born "healthy". THAT'S THE RISK YOU TAKE! Life is not a walk in the park. If that's what you believe, you should go to the dr and get it snipped. Raising a child will not be for you! Simple!

How many children have you raised?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I thought he was naturally born mentally retarded. lmfao

With bollocks such as this, I wish there was an ignore button.
Seriously, the quality, insight, and research skills of many new members has gone to the dogs.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: WanderingSage

I don't know about double standards. I do know that there are way too many people getting intimate with each other without getting to know each other. I know that if two people know each other well enough then perhaps issues like this wouldn't arise.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Ok. OK....bad example, with Hawking. I thought he was naturally born mentally retarded.

OMFG! For Christ's sake! You have shown you ignorance on this matter to be truly astounding! Nothing you say has any credibility.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

ARE WE REALLY DEBATING THIS ISSUE?????????

Yes, believe it or not, we are still fighting for woman's rights.

I'll put this is big bold letters: THE ONLY TIME A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE, IS IF HER LIFE IS IN DANGER FROM HAVING THE BABY. When a child is conceived, there is NO GUARANTEE the child will be born

You can type it bold, all capital letters. Won't make no difference. A woman has the right to decide if she want's to be pregnant or not. If not, she has the right to remove the unwanted guest.

THAT'S THE RISK YOU TAKE!

Or not. Women can and do decide that the risk to high, and terminate their pregnancies.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Bonezies,

I'm truly sorry for the pain that your marriage has caused you, the divorce and loss of being with your children everyday.

I feel for your wife, too, and am sure that she would have benefited from from professional help, had they known about her moods.

No, I don't think that, if she would have stabbed herself in the belly, that she should have been charged with murder. I agree with Phage, it's suicide, or attempted suicide.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: WanderingSage

Do you think you could have talked her out of it?

It's called a hail mary, and worth a shot... Iv'e known guys who had to pull the hail mary and get her to abort.
children are expensive and so are the women with them.. THIS was actually a blessing be thankful you do not
have a child with a women like that Sage
edit on 17-8-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Bone75

Bonezies,

I'm truly sorry for the pain that your marriage has caused you, the divorce and loss of being with your children everyday.

I feel for your wife, too, and am sure that she would have benefited from from professional help, had they known about her moods.

No, I don't think that, if she would have stabbed herself in the belly, that she should have been charged with murder. I agree with Phage, it's suicide, or attempted suicide.

Well what if I had taken the knife from her and did it myself... and she lived? Attempted murder and murder for me right?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join