It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 reported dead, 300 injured, after blast rocks busy Chinese port

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: asen_y2k

Nope it just adds up.

COuld had been a plasma shot that set off the chemicals. that or i am leaning toward a black weapons test of a hyperkinetic projectile from space thats using the vacuum effect of the black tris to create a frictionless tube thereby rendering itself invisible due to its speed. They need to look for Graphene and ceramic.

Or simpliest answer....SOmeone was smoking in a bad spot.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Maybe a small nuke being transported by some secret outfit went off by accident.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
Or simpliest answer....SOmeone was smoking in a bad spot.

That smoker's DNA got spread around the world...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
Huge explosion kills 44+ in China, blasts nearby supercomputer offline

Even China's National Supercomputer Centre in Tianjin, home to the world's former number-one fastest supercomputer, the 186,368-core Tianhe-1, felt the impact of the almighty explosion.

Xinhua reports that “the office building of Chinese supercomputer Tianhe-1, one of the world's fastest supercomputers, suffered damage.”

Sources at Tianhe-1 told Xinhua the computer is not damaged, but they have shut down some of its operations as a precaution.

Hmm supercomputer offline. Some members were speculating about this being a revenge against the hackings. Wierd that news reports would specifically mention these computers.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

www.liveleak.com...

No words for this tragedy. Watch this video.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Judging from what was in the warehouse at ground zero, there was a small fire, firefighters were dispatched, and when they put water on the stored chemicals...BOOM. Just a guess.

The warehouse that is believed to be ground zero for the explosions was filled with some pretty nasty stuff;

sodium cyanide (NaCN), toluene diisocyanate (TDI) and calcium carbide (CaC2), all of which pose direct threats to human health on contact. NaCN in particular is highly toxic. Ca(C2) and TDI react violently with water and reactive chemicals, with risk of explosion.

What Caused the Massive Explosions in Tianjin?

edit on 13-8-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

That is a pretty good video there.

I saw somewhere that the death toll is now at 68,
and I imagine it will be in the 100's before it is all figured out.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Archived list of chemicals at the Rui Hui Facility Building at the center of the explosion.

The second category: compressed and liquefied gases (argon, compressed natural gas, etc.);

The third category: Flammable liquid (methyl ethyl ketone, ethyl acetate, etc.);

The fourth category: flammable solids, spontaneously combustible materials and flammable when wet (sulfur, nitrocellulose, calcium carbide, calcium alloy, etc.);

Class 5: oxidizers and organic peroxides (potassium nitrate, sodium nitrate, etc.);

Sixth class: toxic chemicals (sodium cyanide, toluene diisocyanate, etc.);

Eighth, nine categories: corrosion products, miscellaneous (formic acid, phosphoric acid, methacrylic acid, caustic soda, sodium sulfide, etc.)

Archive dot org

“According to firefighting headquarters, nitric acid items such as potassium nitrate, sodium cyanide are found to be contained in the warehouse that caused the blast. These solid oxidizers are easy to explode if heated or collided. A huge crater has been created on the spot,” the website reported.

Other gases detected in the air included methylbenzene, trichloromethane, and ethylene oxide, Beijing Today reported [...]

A cancer-causing gas called epoxyethane was also detected in the air around the obliterated warehouse.

What We Know About the Hazardous Chemicals Stored at Tiajin

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Check out these pictures..damn...

www.ibtimes.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I feel like this question was already asked somewhere in the last eleven pages...and I've skimmed through a good many of the posts because this has really piqued my interest, but I didn't come across what I'm about to ask. So my question is this:

Even if this is just an accidental chemical explosion...what are the odds that China uses this as a false flag excuse to attack another country? Does China want an excuse to directly retaliate/attack another country? Maybe they're fed up with the US, or maybe they want in on the ISIS hunt? How's China's relationship with North Korea?

I know some are speculating that this is retaliation by the states for the hacking incident earlier in the year, but I don't think the US is that absurd - Especially under the Obama administration. Never in a million years (even with the proof that China hacked us) would we directly bomb them even with chemical or dirty bombs because of a hack...at least I don't think.

Then there's ISIS. Maybe China is fed up with their existence plaguing the world, and no one is doing anything about it...China doesn't strike me as the type of country to try to "rid the world of terrorists", but maybe it was time for a "Chinese 9/11", if you will.

...and then of course, there's the high probability that this really was just an accident.

In any situation, prayers to those in and near the blast area. No matter the cause or outcome, it's a tragedy.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

The scale and magnitude of that explosion are simply unthinkable.. This video appears to show the detonations from a range, and angle, which do a much better job of aiding a viewer in comprehending the particulars of the event, than many of the other videos doing the rounds right now.

The size of that fireball is apocalyptic in its dimensions, and one can only imagine what it must have been like to stand, or more likely, cower as it loomed above. At this point, one has to hope that the death toll and injury list do not grow too much more, although in this case I am certain that hope will do little to limit the damage here. This was a blast of epic proportions, in a busy, populated area, and such a vast event must have touched an awful lot of lives. There are going to be homeless people, mauled people, and dead people in droves out of this disaster.

All I can say, is that I hope that this incident leads port officials in other regions within China, and indeed round the world, to monitor and re-evaluate the contents of the warehouses they watch over. Fuel should never be stored close to munitions, or other flammable or explosive material. Ports should look into making sure that at any one time, there is never enough volatile material in any one location on port property, or on board vessels, that if any one of those locations was to suffer an unintentional detonation, it might pose a serious risk to other volatiles on the site in other locations. Fuel going up should never be able to cook off other substances, because those other substances should never be close enough to the fuel to even get a little warm as a result of an unintentional ignition.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mysticrecluse

Right now China's econmy is juggling around,the LAST thing they would need is to stop the influx of money from America.
The moment they shot at us we are at war and we confiscate assets

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Exclusive

Tianjin Binhai New Area, a large explosion, how many people were killed? Refers to official figures, 50 people were killed in the accident. But "apple" reporter heard from the mouth of the police, the incident has 120 firefighters and armed police enter the scene rescue, but in the end only had four people come out, along with others, should be about 200 people were killed. Police said, living in the house's residents a lot of dead, most of them are injured by broken glass lethal explosive power is great, within 10 km of the place are affected. The police have also criticized the improper fire firefighters shot water, not water, apply chemical foam fire. "Apple" Correspondent [...]

Police also criticized firefighters for improperly fighting the fire with water; you must not use water, use chemical foam fire extinguishing instead.

Apple Daily

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The size of that fireball is apocalyptic in its dimensions

For me, it looks like Biblical Hell.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Would I be right in thinking this could be the largest non nuclear explosion ever filmed ?

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: devilhunter69

It certainly has to be up there, no doubt.

Here is a link to the worlds largest non-nuclear explosions, it has some tough competition,
however, this might be the best recorded large explosion.

Largest non-nuclear explosions ever recorded
edit on 13-8-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join