It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 reported dead, 300 injured, after blast rocks busy Chinese port

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Well, explosions in hazardous materials are not uncommon or unlikely. Amonium perclorate, for example, can go off like a bomb without too much provocation.

There is no reason to suspect that this event was the result of a weapon being deployed, since even relatively mundane compounds and materials can become explosive, given enough heat and pressure. Given the nature of the work undertaken by the port/harbour in which this blast took place, it is unreasonable to assume that the detonation was anything more than a vast industrial accident.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: asen_y2k

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
rt says it was a TNT shipment..

TNT shipment detonates in industrial area of #Tianjin -

I really doubt the number of dead the Chinese government is giving us.

I agree. Monitors of Chinese censorship have already started reporting a surge in government removal of media in the country, including statements by users about the work being done to fight ongoing fires, the number of killed and injured the media censorship itself.

The Chinese government needs to be incredibly careful here. Silencing information after something like this will anger millions of citizens.

I also think it's a little odd that there has been absolutely no mention of any missing persons list being developed. Surely, after something like this, you would be seeing thousands of people coming to report their loved on missing? Where are those people making those reports?

This is incredibly suspicious. Even in events much smaller than this other nations publish helplines and start on a list so they know who they are looking for and where to look for them. I have seen absolutely no evidence of this "rescue effort" they're talking about.

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: asen_y2k

That site is their supercomputer site ,supposedlt they have been hacking us recently in fact WE ARE in a cyberwar as we speak with several sources.
I would suggest this was such a source.
AS to what it was hit with it's something not often used,deniable.

Do you both have access to information sources that I/we all dont?
edit on 13/8/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: highfromphoenix
I do wish there was a god.

If there is a God then he/she/it is too busy giving kids cancer.

The only thing that can help in events such as these is Humanity expressing compassion for strangers. Humans do more good for each other than any imagined God has ever done.

Sorry for off topic discussion but I have to chime in right here and say it's not God giving kids cancer...it's us humans with all the chemicals we've allowed to be put in our everyday products, or the thousands of nuclear tests done back in the 40's and 50's, or well...you get my point. God gave us free will and this is what we've chosen to do with it...destroy ourselves!

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: oletimer

I don't see how there are only 13 dead in all that. That is massive destruction.

I think its pretty lucky for them it was an industrial area and at night time, so probably not a lot of people in the area.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Looks like a massive bomb was dropped there from those photos!

I wouldn't be surprised if this was caused by some ISIS supporter... there has been different factons fighting in China and I remember reading somewhere that there would be big things happening in that part of the World.

On another note, I was going to start a thread about these "Accidental" disasters which have been happening around the World over the last couple years, seems to be too much for my liking... "Acciental" indeed.
edit on CDTThu, 13 Aug 2015 07:34:22 -05000000003107x122x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: spelling mistake

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Updates keep coming. I wonder how all this is going to influence world economics for the near future...

BBC clip

nearby highway footage, daytime by RT

the moment of the explosion inside building, poor man...

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Latest update:

BBC-

The massive explosions in China's northern city of Tianjin are now known to have killed at least 50 people.
More than 700 have been injured and hospitals are struggling to cope with the number of casualties.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
sooo, i just found out the message.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Latest video from NBCnews.

"Chinese officials are being characteristically tight-lipped..."

China Explosion: Death Toll in Tianjin Blast Rises to 50

Be Well

Bishop
edit on 8/13/2015 by Bishop2199 because: I like change

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wouldn't be shocked to see final numbers in the hundred(3-400 dead) with a few thousand injured.

Looking at all the videos(and the daytime aftermath pictures) this was HUGE, looks much bigger than the pepco(sp) incident and it was in a dense urban area.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   
It could be possible sabotage of some sort set off what resulted into the major explosion.TNT shipments may have been sabotaged.
edit on 13-8-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

(post by cavtrooper7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: asen_y2k

Nope it just adds up.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Look at the shockwave of the second explosion..

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

It doesn't add up like an accident does.
We would already know it was a nuke and where the fuel was enriched.

Most likely just an accident. Likely ammonium nitrate in any given port.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

No It would have to be an exotic system, nukes are last century .
We have far worse in the black.
I again suggest an orbital waepon that drops kinetic impact objects.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Video of the aftermath

Maps, Videos, and Photos]

More Photos

More Photos

edit on 13-8-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

An elite team of military personnel, who entered the warehouse in Tianjin to remove 700 tonnes of sodium cyanide, have found that the toxic chemical has leaked into underground drain water.

Sodium cyanide has now also been detected in the sewage water, personnel from the Environment Protection Bureau told The Beijing News.

Sodium Cyanide from Tianjin Warehouse Has Leaked into Underground Drain Water

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Huge explosion kills 44+ in China, blasts nearby supercomputer offline

Even China's National Supercomputer Centre in Tianjin, home to the world's former number-one fastest supercomputer, the 186,368-core Tianhe-1, felt the impact of the almighty explosion.

Xinhua reports that “the office building of Chinese supercomputer Tianhe-1, one of the world's fastest supercomputers, suffered damage.”

Sources at Tianhe-1 told Xinhua the computer is not damaged, but they have shut down some of its operations as a precaution.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I like how this driver just casually backs up after that first blast, then watches that second one come right at him/her. I would have slammed that into reverse and shot down the other way in a hurry. This is a terrible tragedy and I wonder what the effects of the chemical in the water system will have.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join