It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 reported dead, 300 injured, after blast rocks busy Chinese port

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
Too much idiots trying to figure out the explosion. It is obviously the biggest firework you'll ever see. Look at the Chinese video again. I doubt TNT creates tiny flares.

Not like the Toronto Propane explosion.

www.express.co.uk...

Those are not tiny. It's most likely barrels or some type of container flying into the air.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Explosion has caused 36 fire officers and soldiers lost contact with 33 people injured 2 people sacrifice

Tianjin Fire Department sources said the detachment zone, bonded detachment has 36 officers and soldiers lost contact, 33 wounded soldiers in hospital, two soldiers died. According to a preliminary understanding of the scene when the fire broke out seven containers exploded, igniting the surrounding buildings and parking lots and open yard explosion, explosion area of ​​about 5300 square feet.

Tianjin Development Zone fire brigade fireman introduced after the first sound explosion site, the squadron has sent three squadrons of the police, after the second sound explosion, more than two-thirds of the fire brigade have injuries, there are still More than twenty members lost contact, "do not know is buried at the scene or the hospital."

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Any reports of chemical hazard to the area?

link   
a reply to: Leonidas

到達菜刀

Translation:

Run

Get to the chopper

link   
as many have said (but beijing won't) this was a state owned r&d facility.

apparently too much development and not enough research.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

are you sure? i could of swore i heard "COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT TO LIVE"

but on a truer level, i sure hope the universe takes it easy on the lost.

edit on 12-8-2015 by fixitwcw because: n

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fixitwcw

I'll just leave this video of the Pepcon explosion in (Henderson, Nevada*) here...

Pepcon Explosion

State owned or not is hardly the issue.

edit on 12-8-2015 by Leonidas because: I said Arizona which is not correct as Alchemist7 thankfully pointed out.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

That was in Henderson, NV. Just on the southern outskirt of Vegas. I was in 7th grade when that happened. My school was over by Nellis AFB and I remember everything shaking. Our first thought was that a plane from Nellis had crashed in the football field.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

I stand corrected, thank you. Nevada.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Supercomputer china Tianjin link

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
Daylight

images of the aftermath

Holy mother of god, this looks horrible, I can't imagine the numbers being so low.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

they arent

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I would imagine it is possible that debris traveled 10km yes...but as far as the destructive wave goes it seems likely to be less than half a mile.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas
a reply to: fixitwcw

I'll just leave this video of the Pepcon explosion in (Henderson, Nevada*) here...

Pepcon Explosion

State owned or not is hardly the issue.

I read that as popcorn explosion, and got all excited thinking it was a popcorn factory or something exploding, then realized it wasnt...

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
OMG could it be sabotage?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Ho-ly sh**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At 17 secs you see the blast and at 27 the building is rocked by the pressure wave. I would imagine anyone within a half mile was affected.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Ho-ly sh**!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At 17 secs you see the blast and at 27 the building is rocked by the pressure wave. I would imagine anyone within a half mile was affected.

3 seconds=1km distance.

So 10 seconds would roughly equal ~3km/2miles distance from the blast to the camera man.
edit on 12/8/15 by asen_y2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
How could we make difference between nuclear and non nuclear explosion, if we are not on the place with proper detectors? And if state sponsored media deny it saying instead it were chemical, weapons storage, or whatever else? Is there a reliable way to detect nuclear explosion from another country?

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join